For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Alice Is Still Hinting At Re Staging The Nightmare Show

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:48 pm

I just read some of the new Canadian interviews and he was hinting at re staging the Welcome To My Nightmare show, he was doing this a few years ago and I'm starting to think it's something that's been in the back of his head for a while. I don't know if it will ever happen but I think he's actually considering it, if not I have a feeling the ACAS tour will be the closesest thing to that he's gonna do
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

runarh73
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by runarh73 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:01 pm

would be cool to see that

SafetyDunceDude
Trash
Trash

Post by SafetyDunceDude » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:16 pm

I had heard that he wanted to do the Nightmare show as a stationary Las Vegas style show. I heard that from one of the crew guys last year....Whether that is still what Alice wants to do is another question. I know Alice wanted to do a stripped down, raw version of it though, similar to the technology level they used on the real nightmare tour.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:22 pm

I think Alice sounds a lot better live now although I consider that his best show

- ALICE COOPER

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Sounds like one hell of a show!! And I agree, Alice does sound better now then he ever did in the 70's or 80's for that matter. My wife and I are always amazed at his energy.. She calls him "Full Throttle Alice". I could see this tour materializing.

Danny :alice: :alice:
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 pm

i'd rather see another 'nightmare returns' than 'wtmn.'

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:40 pm

A nightmare show would be cool. :alice:
I have always thought that someday when he stops touring, he will do a stage show at Las Vegas . That would be good. He is going to tire of touring someday. A stasionary show could be very elaborate.
Maybe he will give me a reason to want to go to Vegas again. :clap:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:13 pm

Billie1966 wrote:...And I agree, Alice does sound better now then he ever did in the 70's or 80's for that matter.
I have to disagree with you and HORRORHOLIC that Alice sounds a lot beter than he did in the 1970's or 80's.

On record Alice can never surpass the recordings he made from 1971-1975, he may be able to match that standard, but as with most singers he has lost some of his range with age, just listen to his vocals on Elected for proof of how great a singer Alice Cooper was, and don't get me wrong he is still great and I think ACAS is his best album for 30 years.

But you are probably refering to the live show and though I never saw Alice in the 1970's, if you put a live recording on from the 1971- 1973 peiod (ignoring the advancement in recording techniques today) and compare Alice's vocals to say a recording from the last tour, though Alice is still great live, vocally there is no comparison.

The alchohol may have started to affect his voice as early as the Welcome To My Nightmare tour and lasted until Madhouse Rock, even though those 2 shows were amongst his best visually.

Also as good as the current band is, the original band and subsequent bands of the 1970's take some beating.
Neal & Dennis are one of the greatest rhythm sections in rock history, Michael Bruce a truly great rhythm guitarist and songwiter and the untamed wild screaming leads of Glen, the spirit of the Alice Cooper group.
Plus one of the greatest guitar teams of all time that followed in Dick Wagner & Steve Hunter who had already acheived greatness with Lou Reed (just listen to Rock n Roll Animal) then gave Alice his second great band.

I have seen gigs from every UK tour since the 1980's so don't think you can say Alice is 'much better now than the 1980's' either, like I said he is still great live but no better than he was on those tours,The 'Raise Your Fist' tour was the best I saw though I do think he could surpass it with the ACAS tour.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:24 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I think Alice sounds a lot better live now although I consider that his best show
you got that right. both live, and on the albums. much much better. better bands too!!

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 pm

Size and budget wise I don't think we'll see another WTMN show but something along the light of Returns and maybe even a bit smaller. But I can see he would want to capture the spirit and ACAS is definitely the right time to put this together.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:42 pm

Malchik wrote:Size and budget wise I don't think we'll see another WTMN show but something along the light of Returns and maybe even a bit smaller. But I can see he would want to capture the spirit and ACAS is definitely the right time to put this together.
hmmm....... do you know something the rest don't? just wondering how you know about alice's budget?

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:34 am

mattcoddington wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:I think Alice sounds a lot better live now although I consider that his best show
you got that right. both live, and on the albums. much much better. better bands too!!
You got that wrong

I rate 'Along Came A Spider' but if you are saying it and the current tour and band is much much better than say the 'Billion Dollar Babies' period, that is like saying David Bailey's photos for that album doesn't hold up to the current photography of Alice.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:57 am

mattcoddington wrote:
Malchik wrote:Size and budget wise I don't think we'll see another WTMN show but something along the light of Returns and maybe even a bit smaller. But I can see he would want to capture the spirit and ACAS is definitely the right time to put this together.
hmmm....... do you know something the rest don't? just wondering how you know about alice's budget?
I wish bud, but Alice has neither Atlantic nor MCA's funding to boost his stage shows. But Alice knows how to make it happen, so I’ll retract my speculation.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:03 am

It would be great if Alice put the WTMN show in the blender together wit ACAS..

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 am

steven_crayn wrote:
Billie1966 wrote:...And I agree, Alice does sound better now then he ever did in the 70's or 80's for that matter.
I have to disagree with you and HORRORHOLIC that Alice sounds a lot beter than he did in the 1970's or 80's.

On record Alice can never surpass the recordings he made from 1971-1975, he may be able to match that standard, but as with most singers he has lost some of his range with age, just listen to his vocals on Elected for proof of how great a singer Alice Cooper was, and don't get me wrong he is still great and I think ACAS is his best album for 30 years.

But you are probably refering to the live show and though I never saw Alice in the 1970's, if you put a live recording on from the 1971- 1973 peiod (ignoring the advancement in recording techniques today) and compare Alice's vocals to say a recording from the last tour, though Alice is still great live, vocally there is no comparison.

The alchohol may have started to affect his voice as early as the Welcome To My Nightmare tour and lasted until Madhouse Rock, even though those 2 shows were amongst his best visually.

Also as good as the current band is, the original band and subsequent bands of the 1970's take some beating.
Neal & Dennis are one of the greatest rhythm sections in rock history, Michael Bruce a truly great rhythm guitarist and songwiter and the untamed wild screaming leads of Glen, the spirit of the Alice Cooper group.
Plus one of the greatest guitar teams of all time that followed in Dick Wagner & Steve Hunter who had already acheived greatness with Lou Reed (just listen to Rock n Roll Animal) then gave Alice his second great band.

I have seen gigs from every UK tour since the 1980's so don't think you can say Alice is 'much better now than the 1980's' either, like I said he is still great live but no better than he was on those tours,The 'Raise Your Fist' tour was the best I saw though I do think he could surpass it with the ACAS tour.
Nope, I disagree. I think he sounds much better noe

- ALICE COOPER

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Sometimes I wish Alice would take a cue from Iron Maiden and do nostalgia shows covering periods of his career. That way everyone would get what they wanted.

Having said that, I believe that it might be a nice thing to see for the ones, including me who weren't born during the WTMN era. I also believe it would have been the PERFECT time for a revamping of WTMN in 2005 to celebrate it's 30th anniversary.

However, Alice goes off and records the second to worst album of his career. :nono:

I think Alice does sound better now than in the 70's, but you can't really compare since Alice from the 70's and Alice today are different people....so to speak.

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:29 pm

WHOA....Are you saying that ACAS is his second to worst release???

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:38 pm

I think MacQueen may be referring to Dirty Diamonds, which came out in 2005.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:54 pm

MacQueen wrote:Sometimes I wish Alice would take a cue from Iron Maiden and do nostalgia shows covering periods of his career. That way everyone would get what they wanted.
What about what Alice wants? ;)

I hear where you're coming from (and I'd love an all non-hits tour), but the way he's doing it now he's giving the fans a bigger picture of himself than specific shows for specific albums.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
MacQueen wrote:Sometimes I wish Alice would take a cue from Iron Maiden and do nostalgia shows covering periods of his career. That way everyone would get what they wanted.
What about what Alice wants? ;)

I hear where you're coming from (and I'd love an all non-hits tour), but the way he's doing it now he's giving the fans a bigger picture of himself than specific shows for specific albums.
Interesting, I never saw it that way.