Kansas show

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:58 pm

I only tapped in for some light relief but I would will add my two penneth worth-it seems that many streams of discussion are ending in an air of heavy judgement these days...am I in the minority who feel that the fun seems to be disappearing-perhaps just letting people air their views and leave it at that- unless we're actually at the show we don't know how reasonable a persons response is-for me there are fans who can act criminally and even police officers, peace officers etc who act criminally- humans/flawed etc etc-love to all and hoping for lighter times

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:03 pm

recoop wrote: -it seems that many streams of discussion are ending in an air of heavy judgement these days...am I in the minority who feel that the fun seems to be disappearing-
You may be in the minority but I am right with you on this point. It is one reason I have "disappeared"

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 pm

And I addressed this tone well over a month ago, and far too many just dismissed it as me taking things too personally. The ironic thing is that I was never involved in any of those discussions, and was looking at it all from the outside. My problem was not people being critical of ACAS but a nastiness becoming all too common throughout the board. I applaud some people here for their efforts, and they know who they are as I have let them know personally. Maybe this will be yet another post of mine deleted. Only time will tell....
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:22 am

Well....Its a wonder Si hasn't arrested all of you.......you've ran me off.
Back up Jack....lets talk about Alice cooper.
I have too many Cops and Judges in my family already. :p

There are some good vids on youtube....Skully I hope the show was great ! :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZv-3dd4fuM

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:32 am

To those of you that are asking if the show was great: Of course it was! Is there any such thing as a bad Alice Cooper Show? No! My biggest complaint is that I was seven rows back, but hey we can't always win, right? Most of my seats were in front this year, so I count my blessings.

:hang:
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:23 am

Posts removed due to profanity and personal attacks.

As to the other posts on this page, when you post an opinion about something it's likely that someone will disagree with you. Deal with it. I'm certainly not about to get the moderators to start deleting posts on the grounds of them pointing out factual errors or logical flaws in your opinion or statements.

While some members do have better social skills then others that isn't really surprising when there are more then 1000 members of the board. If you want to see how bad it can get, just check out the Metalsludge pages where there seems to be no moderation at all and it's a complete free for all. I don't think this board is anywhere close to that I don't intend for it to get close to it.

As always, if you have a problem with someones post, the correct thing to do is PM or email a moderator, who will look at it and make a decision.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:43 am

thanks for posting 18 daytripper-looks as if kansas was fun-love seeng clips of 18 live...just miss the organ part near end but fantastic finale to song...must admit because I live in uk I guess that when I hear of a state fair I imagine just a big field with lot of people milling about..ignorance on my part....but the concerts within the fair seem to be well attended and organised...would like to see Alice in more open air festivals in UK (MILTON KEYNES MOR was great IMO)-although our weather might get in way also even if no tornados..yet...cheers

biker
Trash
Trash

Post by biker » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:48 pm

That was about the most absurd article I have read, BUT, it did make me laugh, especially the comments that followed. "Sin sick" part of Kansas, boy, I need to visit there! LOL LOL Religious people can be the worst hypocrites out there from my experiences.

Mike :8):
Old fan from when Alice was a very young man!

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Amen to that (pun intended).

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:18 pm

I had nothing better to do, so I found that pastor's email and wrote him just to see what he said. He started calling him "Mrs. Alicia Cooper" and what not, and admitted that the chopping off the snakes was "maybe" a fabrication. Apparently "our youth" should not be listening to "his/her" lyrics. He kept dancing around my questions and saying that I should pick up the bible and read it and then try to defend Alice's actions on stage. Sounded SO mature and apparently thinks Alice really does kill things on stage?

Anyway, I just did it for personal amusement, and I was amused.
Me = Winning

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:51 pm

:laugh:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 pm

SKULLBOY wrote:Amen to that (pun intended).
Haha. :rotfl: What dya do Skully, pun that trooper on the way out? :nono:
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:14 pm

MonsterDog wrote:
SKULLBOY wrote:Amen to that (pun intended).
Haha. :rotfl: What dya do Skully, pun that trooper on the way out? :nono:
Nope, just expressed my opinion.

biker
Trash
Trash

Post by biker » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:52 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:I had nothing better to do, so I found that pastor's email and wrote him just to see what he said. He started calling him "Mrs. Alicia Cooper" and what not, and admitted that the chopping off the snakes was "maybe" a fabrication. Apparently "our youth" should not be listening to "his/her" lyrics. He kept dancing around my questions and saying that I should pick up the bible and read it and then try to defend Alice's actions on stage. Sounded SO mature and apparently thinks Alice really does kill things on stage?

Anyway, I just did it for personal amusement, and I was amused.
Good for you, DUDE! That is their answer to everything, pick up the bible, which by the way has been interpreted a 1000 or more times since the beginning, then hide behind what they interpret what it says. Considering all the trouble in the world, I would rate an Alice Cooper show at the very bottom of the totem pole in having to be concerned about the content of his shows!!!! Some people cannot separate the concept of 'ENTERTAINMENT' in their little feable minds and need insane causes to go after, such as Alice biting the heads off poor little defenseless snakes. It's like anything else in the world, it is a free world (for all intensive purposes) and you as an individual have the right to participate OR NOT in anything you choose, if you don't like something, you don't have to subject yourself to it. But religious folks just love to push their views on the rest of us, come on, you know they are only trying to save us all!!!!!!! LOL LOL

Mike :8):
Old fan from when Alice was a very young man!