For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Indianapolis - 8/22 - Without the curtain, the show goes on

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:39 am

Well I have just returned from what was a phenomenal night in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I can't really add to what hasn't already been said. The band were very tight and were obviously having a lot of fun with each other, including Alice.

A couple of things... for whatever reason they started to load up the "show curtain" that starts each show and displays Alice's/Calico's silhouettes, but for some reason they removed the curtain and started the show with out. The riser it was on didn't even get off the ground more than a few feet. Not sure what the problem was. However, they continued on with the show opening. Calico aka "Alice" simply came up in front of the light, Alice come up on the other side and stabbed her. It was still pulled off I suppose with out the curtain as you couldn't see faces.

The ODDEST thing though.. was in light of everything that's happened with Alice and his shows in the news since the tour started, was someone put their prosthetic leg up on the tip of the stage.. the end of Elected, Alice pics it up and raises it in the air like it's his cain or something and raising it up and down along with the end of Elected. He was even began smirking, sorta cracking up! It was VERY ironic and I thought it was very very funny.

The venue appeared to have a very good crowd numbers wise. Maybe not monumental, but looked like a solid crowd. Very memorable and wish more shows were like this atmosphere wise.

Setlist remained the same as far as I could tell.

Alice's wife (no way that woman is around 50,) Calico, and Sonora were still part of the show. I thought it worked out exceptionally well with more dancers. Calico was still Calico though!

Opener was a band from Maryland named "Cinder Road," who seemed to be very good. Their material reminded me of Roxie 77ish type material. The lead vocals were very similar. I enjoyed them personally.

Pics to follow!

Note, Vengeance was of course played. Thought it came off better live. They gave it better dynamics live, Alice really got the crowd into it.
Me = Winning

SafetyDunceDude
Trash
Trash

Indy was great

Post by SafetyDunceDude » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:10 am

I'm going to continue on with this thread....

Just got back to my hotel....This show was possibly the best I've seen in the past 3 years. First of all lets start with the venue......I've never been a place where i had lawn chairs for 5th row seats. I'm not gonna lie....I honestly enjoyed it....it was comfortable. Of course I didnt sit in my chair except during the opening act. The security was extremely cool about people standing up around stage. I was able to claim a spot right in the front row, inches from my good friend Jason Hook(hence the reference in my username). The stage faces a beautiful view of the Indianapolis skyine...which was a very nice site when I did actually look around.

Opening act was actually pretty good...although the crowd was tough on them till the end. Basically noone really got involved in their set till the last two songs when the frontman was able to convince about half of the front section to stand up. In general I enjoyed the show though. Very 80's rock but with a soft side at times.

So anyway....ALICE. Yeah the banner wasn't used in the beginning. Jason's guitar tech told me they didn't use it because the wind was real bad coming in from side stage that it would never stay. The crew couldn't even keep the side stage curtains from flopping around till about 5 songs into Alice's set.

In my oppinion the show really came alive when they played the new song....Vengeance is Mine. I thought it was the best song of the night. Of course that might just be me saying that because I've seen all of the other songs about 10 times live in the past two years. I wish they would have kept Muscle of Love in the set and replaced something else with Vengeance though. Looks like the next new song to be added will be Feminine Side...at least that is the "word" on the street....hahah Alice has really been playing off the energy from the crowd this tour. I am completely sure He is more into this tour.

As if just seeing Alice wasn't good enough for tonight.....I ended up getting ON STAGE with him during Elected. The crew guys brought me up to hold one of the Election signs during the breakdown of that song. It was awesome.....Once in a lifetime experience.

We ended up getting to hang with the band after the show since we were on the guest list. Unfortunately we we're not on the VIP list, and did not get back to meet Alice this time. But in any case I got to hang with Jason and the rest of the guys for a good little while.

Tons of pictures are up on my photo site.....
Feel free to go check them out!

www.photobucket.com/TrentBPhotos

Heading to bed...then driving to Florence for the show tomorrow! Report will follow that show as well.

Cheers!

:blues:

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:20 am

I am pretty sure you're the guy I conversed with before the show! Nice to meet you if so!
Me = Winning

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:54 am

Sorry, photo link doesn't seem to be working for us. Could you check it?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Glad you folks had a great time!!! :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Sounds like a great show - there's video evidence now too:

The Intro without Curtain + first 3 songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvSuwwf_tVk

Check out his other vids to get Cold Ethyl, Frankenstein, Schools Out etc. :)

SafetyDunceDude
Trash
Trash

Post by SafetyDunceDude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Ok heres the real link to my photos....enjoy....
pics from the belterra show in florence will be up soon.

http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/rr18 ... oper-Indy/

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 am

Here's mine in slideshow form.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/ ... 2fab2c.pbw

Click on a pic in the slideshow for bigger resolution version of that pic.
Me = Winning

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 pm

wow, that sure is a tall stage.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Good pic WYM, especially the ones later in the setilist.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks!

I want to get another cam though. Was using a Kodak camera which is okay but they don't really put out truely "High Res" photos. Matt, you're the resident photographer here. If you don't mind me asking, what brand do you use or recommend for casual photography? I don't want to get into professional photography and get $1300 lenses with barn doors and what not, but I hear the canon's are very good for the money?
Me = Winning

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

first, let me correct something here - to say that 'professional' cameras aren't allowed at alice cooper concerts isn't a very accurate statement. more appropriate would be - 'SLRs (single lens reflex) aren't allowed without proper credentials. the problem lies with the larger cameras with detachable lenses, and not ALL of these (SLRs) are 'professional.' in fact, a very small amount are professional.

to answer your question - there are so many great point and shoot digitals out there right now, you really can't go wrong with brand x vs brand y. i think the choice would come down to personal preference and features. as far as SLRs go, i've been a loyal nikon user for 10+ years!

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 pm

keep in mind that you will always run into limitations with point and shoots, at concerts. but that's the nature of the beast. if anyone has more questions, feel free to start a 'photography' thread. that might make sense?

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:55 pm

mattcoddington wrote:if anyone has more questions, feel free to start a 'photography' thread. that might make sense?

Duly started, over in off topic. :) I can always use tips!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->