For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mortalli
Trash
Trash

Post by mortalli » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:10 am

Shoesalesman wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:On another note, i have mentioned 28 years in other threads and have not realy had a satisfactory answer, it does not really apply to anything in my opinion, unless anyone knows for sure.
On my ACAS review I suggested maybe the 28 years ago referrence (1980, Flush The Fashion era) had to do with the street punk in the combat boots in I Know Where You Live. That's just me, though.
Well, ACAS was supposed to be released in 2007, making the start of the 28 years 1979, when FTI tour was winding down...

mortalli
Trash
Trash

Post by mortalli » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:15 am

[quote="kaufmannphillips"]On one hand, maybe he is just talking about his brilliant plan in the Epilogue, whether or not it was actually fulfilled.[quote]

Except he specifically states, "They were appropriately appalled
at the discovery of the eight victims."

Specifically *8* "victims" were "discovered." Not mentioned, but "discovered."

? ? ? ?

Keep the conversation going, please. I'm having a blast with this album!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:56 am

mortalli wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:On another note, i have mentioned 28 years in other threads and have not realy had a satisfactory answer, it does not really apply to anything in my opinion, unless anyone knows for sure.
On my ACAS review I suggested maybe the 28 years ago referrence (1980, Flush The Fashion era) had to do with the street punk in the combat boots in I Know Where You Live. That's just me, though.
Well, ACAS was supposed to be released in 2007, making the start of the 28 years 1979, when FTI tour was winding down...
That's an interesting take, too. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:14 am

To me, it sounds like the theory behind the movie: "Saw". It sounds like the cardinal rule of profiling: be careful of understanding to well the killer, lest you become one too....

After all: the Spider flattered the Fly and she came back " 'ne'r to be seen again'" ,yet, what if the fly understood that when she came back? Put's the spider in quite a predicament, doesn't it...Cool poem: includes bedrooms and eating, beauty and flattery, etc...

On the other hand: If it turns out to be something like the entire season of "Married w/Children" where Al WAKES UP to find that Peg having another child was just a dream: I'll be severely dissappointed....

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

kaufmannphillips
Trash
Trash

Post by kaufmannphillips » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:43 am

mortalli wrote:
kaufmannphillips wrote:On one hand, maybe he is just talking about his brilliant plan in the Epilogue, whether or not it was actually fulfilled.
Except he specifically states, "They were appropriately appalled
at the discovery of the eight victims."

Specifically *8* "victims" were "discovered." Not mentioned, but "discovered."

? ? ? ?
I suppose the "discovery" could have been finding the victims and their mistreatment in the diary's pages, and not necessarily in the real world.
I took that serious.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:21 am

It seems that i really think different from all of you guys. I really doubt that spider did NOT commit those murders . I mean if he didn't do it, why should he be locked? I think the woman knew about it and that told to the police. On killed by love he says "I got more to loose more to loose than you" and i think he reffers to his freedom, because he trusted her. The 3th video shows it clearly. At the end, i think it's only he trying to convince himself he didn't do it. Otherwise, i really don't see any reason why he would be in jail or in an mental institution. Salvation makes kinda clear that he regrets it, and maybe his mind can't stand to the fact that he actually killed 8 womans.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 am

Marcelocooper wrote:It seems that i really think different from all of you guys. I really doubt that spider did NOT commit those murders . I mean if he didn't do it, why should he be locked?
Because he's a mental patient?
Otherwise, i really don't see any reason why he would be in jail or in an mental institution.
If he's imagining murders then why is it not impossible for him to be locked up? Why was Dwight Frye locked up? We didn't find out did we?
Me = Winning

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:29 am

If he's imagining murders then why is it not impossible for him to be locked up? Why was Dwight Frye locked up? We didn't find out did we?

It is possible, but being this an conceptual album I hardly think he wouldn't say why he's locked. Os course he could do it, but I don't think that's the case. It really seems to me that he's kind of arguing with himself in the epilogue.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:20 am

***I believe their will be a sequel to this album***[/quote]

Alice just stated there will be no sequel in an interview.he prefers we the listeners make our own interpretations.there appears to be no right or wrong answers to this storyline.the next album will be something all together different he also stated.....

mortalli
Trash
Trash

Post by mortalli » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am

scotty wrote:Alice just stated there will be no sequel in an interview.he prefers we the listeners make our own interpretations.there appears to be no right or wrong answers to this storyline.the next album will be something all together different he also stated.....
Sounds like a good interview. Got a link to it?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 am

to me, the "one thing" is definitely that he didn't DO the murders ~ they were all perfect, execpt for the fact they never really happened.

i've not heard the extra tracks so maybe i can't fully comment, but :

- mention of the 8 victims. if there were 8, does that not negate the theory he fell in love w/ the last and spared her? there'd only be 7 in that case. if he DID all 8, who did he fall in love w/?

- i was half thinking (this is a very vague theory, i'll need more listens i think, so don't shoot me down) : what if he's dead, and in Hell? as in Go To Hell. maybe that cell is his torture for eternity, and he WAS killed by love. that's maybe why he craves salvation.

- alternately, maybe if was the Spider that was killed by love, and by shattering that persona it left Steven, alone and perhaps unable to face what his alter-ego had done.

going back to the extra tracks, personally, if they were important and they weren;'t included, that sucks. not everybody wants/has itunes, or wherever you get them from.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm

[quote="mortalli"][quote="scotty"]Alice just stated there will be no sequel in an interview.he prefers we the listeners make our own interpretations.there appears to be no right or wrong answers to this storyline.the next album will be something all together different he also stated.....[/quote]

Sounds like a good interview. Got a link to it?[/quote]

well,on the general discussion thread there is a "what should we ask alice thread".I submitted that question,and it was apparently asked and answered,to my delight! as for where it was published or broadcast,my fellow sickie didn't say..........

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:45 pm

just went back and checked.the poster TS1 started that thread.it just states he's interviewing alice "tonight".it gets up to 3 pages long,and I haven't seen every post,so I'm not sure if it ever got divulged.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:38 pm

He would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling kids.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:50 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:He would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling kids.
Maybe Spider was an amusement park caretaker after all. ;)

Bella... took care of your two double posts in this thread. :)

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:01 am

Thanks Shoesalesman! I kept getting that error message!...

Interesing theory, KillerWolf...far deeper than I would have thought but a possiblility nonetheless... Nice.

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

mortalli
Trash
Trash

Post by mortalli » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:48 am

scotty wrote:just went back and checked.the poster TS1 started that thread.it just states he's interviewing alice "tonight".it gets up to 3 pages long,and I haven't seen every post,so I'm not sure if it ever got divulged.
Thanks, Scotty. I especially found this intriguing:
TS1 wrote:Alice prefers to tell a different story on the next record and leave the end of this record open for interpretation: has it all just happened in Steven's mind? Th[e]n he's sick and it's really good he's in his cell. Or have the murders really happened, which means that the real killer is walking free among us? [emphasis added]
http://sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/viewto ... c&start=20

Yet another possible ending, apparently from the lips of the Master himself!

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:36 am

Marcelocooper wrote: On killed by love he says "I got more to loose more to loose than you" and i think he reffers to his freedom, because he trusted her.
Actually if you listen to that line and the next line you would see that is not the case:

"I've got more to lose, more to lose than you
Cause I'm the only one in love between us too"

He's saying that he has more to lose because he is the only one of them that is in love with the other.

As for the Salvatio part, I think you are on the wrong track. Perhaps he feels remorse, or better yet, wants forgiveness, so he goes into denial.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 am

Howabout this (I'm reaching here): The album never really has a timeframe listed, but the Steven character was first introduced to us in 1975, Alice was born in 1948, but conceived in 1947. 28 years before 1975!
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:06 am

SKULLBOY wrote:
Howabout this (I'm reaching here): The album never really has a timeframe listed, but the Steven character was first introduced to us in 1975, Alice was born in 1948, but conceived in 1947. 28 years before 1975!
Good one. :clap: