For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

KylerClark
Trash
Trash

Added Vengeance Is Mine to the set tonight

Post by KylerClark » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:57 am

Just thought you guys might like to know that Coop added Vengeance Is Mine to the set tonight for the first time so far. It replaced Muscle Of Love. Sounded really good, the band killed it at rehearsals today and it was the same during the set. Dunno if we'll add more from the new album but from what I can tell this one will stick for the remainder of this tour. See you out there!
KC

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:35 am

Thanks for that info KC.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:15 am

Oh wonderful! Too bad the Swiss concert came in too early for this. Well next year then! It's such a great song!
Thanks for sharing!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:19 am

this is one of the things that will help ACAS sales growing,IMO.the videos are coming,that's good too obviously.If only some radio play could be had.the most recent coop song I've heard on the radio was "triggerman".

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 am

Hate to see Muscle go but glad Vengence was added.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:20 pm

About time. If ACAS is to maintain momentum, songs from it should be played. I doubt with the state of rock radio that ACAS will get much play so Alice needs to do some self promotion here. I bet you the band did nail Vengence too. I'm thinking all the songs on ACAS will smoke in concert.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Well if any song from the new album were to be played, I was hoping it were Vengeance. But replacing Muscle of Love?

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:29 pm

is "it's hot tonight" still being used as the opener? I just saw a concert review that had "under my wheels" as the opener.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:33 pm

scotty wrote:is "it's hot tonight" still being used as the opener? I just saw a concert review that had "under my wheels" as the opener.
I believe that was the same review that had "Love It To Death" being played. That would be awesome since I have never heard that song live.....or a studio version for that matter. :laugh:

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 pm

personally i think he should replace the 2 Dirty Diamonds songs he's playing on this tour with songs from ACAS. I dont think Dirty Diamonds needs any more promo...i havent even exactly seen it for purchase in a store since 2005 anyways.
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Hate to see Muscle go but glad Vengence was added.
I agree. I am happy that Vengeance is Mine was added to the setlist but I am also sorry to hear that one of my favourites, Muscle of Love, is gone. Is he still playing Lost in America? I would prefer that he delete Lost in America or a DD song to make way for Vengeance and keep Muscle in the setlist.
Last edited by glamprincess on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Jumping Jack wrote:Hate to see Muscle go but glad Vengence was added.
I agree. I am happy that Vengeance is Mine was added to the setlist but I am also sorry to hear that one of my favourites, Musle of Love, is gone. Is he still playing Lost in America? I would prefer that he delete Lost in America or a DD song to make way for Vengeance and keep Muscle in the setlist.
I second that keep the classics remove lost in america or something...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

No, he absolutely cannot remove "Lost in America".

It should have replaced "Dirty Diamonds".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:15 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:No, he absolutely cannot remove "Lost in America".

It should have replaced "Dirty Diamonds".
I disagree about not being able to remove Lost in America. But I do agree that DD should be removed first. Right after he removes WOMD!!!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Frankenstein would be my pick to go first. It needs a rest.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Frankenstein would be my pick to go first. It needs a rest.
Agreed. It does nothing for me anymore. However, it is more recognizable because of Wayne's World which is going in Alice's favor from a first timer standpoint. LIA, WOMD, DD....those all need to go. And I know it is not going to happen, but if it were my choice, the first song to go would be ONLY WOMEN BLEED!

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Great to hear that something from ACAS is finally being played,just disappointed that it was added only days after the concert I was at.

Honestly, when he played Muscle of Love, it just seemed like something was lacking or wasn't there.If he hadn't removed Muscle of Love, I would have liked to have see him get rid of Feed my Frankenstein.The only other song I would maybe get rid of in replacement to ACAS material would be WOMD, even the the beginning is really cool.

You can say what you want of Dirty Diamonds, but I personally think that it gets one of the best reactions of the night.That's mainly due to him throwing out a ton of beads and everyone wants one.The next time your at an AC concert and he's playing Dirty Diamonds, just look around.You'll see a lot of hands in the air.

Okay, I'm done now.I'll get off my soapbox. :)

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Remove Poison from the setlist and put something he rarely if ever plays in there, dunno what, how about Clones or something else from the early 80's?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Remove Poison from the setlist and put something he rarely if ever plays in there, dunno what, how about Clones or something else from the early 80's?
Never gonna happen. Besides the opening song(Alice's first appearance), Poison gets the biggest pop every time.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 pm

I know that, but i think, in my opinion anyway, that people always have 1 song they don't like from every artiste they like, mine happens to be Poison, cannot explain why. Don't really care for Bohemian Rhapsody from Queen as an example.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.