For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

ACAS VINYL QUESTION?

Post by Headbangers Ball » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 am

I received my vinyl LP of ACAS yesterday - sealed. Theres a sticker on the front of it saying 'coloured vinyl'.

I am loathe to open it! Does anyone know what colour the record is?
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:17 am

Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:32 pm

It's colour is no colour, it's clear! :)
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Wow! Now that's a cool album! I think I'm going to have to buy it just for the artwork and photo's. Does anyone plan to actually play one of these vinyl thingy's?
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Wow! Now that's a cool album! I think I'm going to have to buy it just for the artwork and photo's. Does anyone plan to actually play one of these vinyl thingy's?

I play'em! Think it's way better sounding then a cd, and as I'm 18 i never really had the chance to listen to an new Alice Cooper Lp
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:31 pm

First off, I'm so happy that this came out on vinyl! I love records!

Second, in case anyone is super annoyed with the sticker on the cover, it comes off very easily! Not what they refer to as a "Hard Tack' sticker at all. I bought 2 copies and had to find out, because, let's face it a the sticker looks stupid an such a great cover. It peeled right off, left no marks or residue!

I have to admit Piggy D did a fantastic job with the layout of this record! :clap:
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:38 pm

The sticker's not an issue for me... I haven't taken it out of the shrink-wrap... :grin:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Hm, tempting. It looks great, and I miss the old days when I spend whole evening looking at album covers. I still have my turntable too, and some Alice LP's as well.

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:56 am

Alicehunter2000 wrote:Wow! Now that's a cool album! I think I'm going to have to buy it just for the artwork and photo's. Does anyone plan to actually play one of these vinyl thingy's?
Thanks for all the information! I decided it was too good to resist and opened my copy, which yes, I will play on my turntable!

I went back to Amazon over the weekend to order another copy which I will keep sealed. I typed in 'Alice Vinyl' and was shocked to discover that the viynl version of 'Eyes' is selling at the minimum price of 68 GBP!! Can't understand why this is worth so much when the earlier albums are not?

Also, for your interest - Amazon is taking pre-orders for Dale Sherman's 10th Anniversary edition of the Illustrated Guide, to be released next March for under a tenner! If it becomes collectible like the last one did, I would get your order in pronto! ;)

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Headbangers Ball wrote:I went back to Amazon over the weekend to order another copy which I will keep sealed. I typed in 'Alice Vinyl' and was shocked to discover that the viynl version of 'Eyes' is selling at the minimum price of 68 GBP!! Can't understand why this is worth so much when the earlier albums are not?

I didn't buy my Eyes vinyl until well (a couple years) after the release date and it cost nowhere near that much. Sometimes both Amazon and Amazon Marketplace sellers have a seriously inflated idea of what something is worth. I remember seeing the Snakes & Dead Babies CD for sale at around £40.00 on there once. My copy had come from Amazon about a year before and I paid about £5.00 for it.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:34 pm

I'm still waiting for my copy, but my friend in The U.K. said his vinyll copy is white.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:59 pm

UPS delivered my vinyl album to a neighbors house. It was on his porch for over 24 hours. He was nice enough to bring it to me. And I was lucky that no one had taken it when he wasn't home.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:I'm still waiting for my copy, but my friend in The U.K. said his vinyll copy is white.
I think he may have meant clear. It's not crystal clear, of course. But nor is it white like a typical sheet of printer paper, for example.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:22 am

nimsowner wrote:UPS delivered my vinyl album to a neighbors house. It was on his porch for over 24 hours. He was nice enough to bring it to me. And I was lucky that no one had taken it when he wasn't home.
Egad, man! :bam: Glad you got it in the end.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:33 am

I didn't buy my Eyes vinyl until well (a couple years) after the release date and it cost nowhere near that much. Sometimes both Amazon and Amazon Marketplace sellers have a seriously inflated idea of what something is worth. I remember seeing the Snakes & Dead Babies CD for sale at around £40.00 on there once. My copy had come from Amazon about a year before and I paid about £5.00 for it.[/quote]

I know what your saying Sparks - but Amazon didn't have the 'Eyes' to sell, it was other marketplace traders on there. I have found (also with rare books) - if Amazon don't have it to sell, then its obviously hard to find and worth more.

Off topic here; but I am a big fan of Dean Koontz books and pre-ordered both of the Frankenstein hardback cover books, I got the first two, but missed out on the order of the third and now cannot get it for love nor money! :angry:

I took no chances with the new Illustrated Guide and my order is in for next March! :clap:

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:37 am

sparkinthedark wrote:
jacknifejohnny wrote:I'm still waiting for my copy, but my friend in The U.K. said his vinyll copy is white.
I think he may have meant clear. It's not crystal clear, of course. But nor is it white like a typical sheet of printer paper, for example.
It's not really clear, so much as translucent. I think it's supposed to look like silk.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

flashfearless
Trash
Trash

Post by flashfearless » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:06 am

Exactly! I got my two copies today (actually ordered two by accident due to multiple visits on the Amazon.uk site). I was thinking that they might be all trash, but the one I actually opened has only a little wear on the inner sleeve on the bottom.

The color of the album is silk, AKA - Spider Web. It is so cool.

Going immediately in a frame.