Which ONE ACAS track in your opinion...

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

teenage frank
Trash
Trash

Post by teenage frank » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:45 am

Strangely enough ( because i usually am not the biggest fan of his ballads) i really think that Killed by Love sums it up - I mean here we have a killer who has quietely gone about his business for many a year but yet now is faced with a victim who he unexpectantly has developed feelings for whom ultimately brings about his downfall.
I'm at war with myself and nobody else.... i'm in danger.....

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:54 am

I would say The One That Got Away because it captures both the serial killer side and the side that has fallen in love with the victim and after all that's basically the story.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:20 pm

The under 35 crowd doesn't get it? Oh No! I'm 36 and I totally love ACAS!!! But I love PFY, ZCS, RYFAY & EOAC, too!?!? How'd this happen? I'm boy and I'm a man! What am I gonna do????? :rotfl:
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:22 pm

departmentofyouth wrote:The under 35 crowd doesn't get it? Oh No! I'm 36 and I totally love ACAS!!! But I love PFY, ZCS, RYFAY & EOAC, too!?!? How'd this happen? I'm boy and I'm a man! What am I gonna do????? :rotfl:
Proving my point precisely...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 pm

I find it surprising that so many people seem to really rate the song 'I am the spider'. I find it really bland and repetitive. There is a moment near the beginning where a Sabbath sounding riff emerges which is very promising but this is soon forgotten when the ultra derivative chorus kicks in.

And i dont know if it's just me (as no-one else seems to hear it) but i swear those lead vocals when he sings "I am the spider" are out of tune.

This is the first time that i've actually had to physically force myself to sit through an entire Alice album without pressing skip. I'm just hopeful Alice can learn from this experience and put out something amazing next year. I would love it if he could assemble a writing team similar to The Last Temptation again.

Listening to TLT after sitting through ACAS totally reinforces my hatred for the new album. TLT was sooooo good.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:44 am

must admit to being hugely underwhelmed w/ the album. part of it is the "twist" ending - i was expecting a serial killer on the loose type thing, making it his imagination just seemed an anticlimax/cop-out, as did the wanting salvation thing. could be AC's beliefs wouldn't let him write as being an unrepentant Creeper type again?? i don't know. maybe i'm missing some of the plot/concept in not having heard the missing songs, which is very annoying to me that they weren't on the album - cynical me sees an expanded album release in the future.

speaking of the Creeper, did anyone catch that in One That Got Away? i read that vocal bit about getting the girl to help him get in the van as being influenced by that bit in Silence of the Lambs : which would tie in nicely w/ "stole my modus operandi from the movie screen". (LOVE Calico, btw, "ooh i've broke my nail, i caan't even hold my keys. psycho!")
also noticed the lyrics in the opener were changed from "romeo in cowboy boots" to "streetpunk in combat boots", wonder why?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\