Any idea if Alice played any ACAS songs on July 31st?

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Any idea if Alice played any ACAS songs on July 31st?

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Last night was the first date of the USA tour and Alice is suppose to play some ACAS songs....did he do it?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:46 pm

Was trying to find a review or something that would mention new songs. No luck. But, I did find an interview that I personally hadn't read (if it was on the news page, I clearly ddin't click the link). And it had a picture of Alice I've not seen before.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.d ... _category=
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Ah...yup. Just checked. The interview was put on the news page....labeled "The Bulletin." But, the picture is worth taking a look at.

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Great pic - why does the spider on Alice's lapel only have five legs?

D
"You trade your soul for another taste....."

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:13 pm

alicespoisonuk wrote:Great pic - why does the spider on Alice's lapel only have five legs?

D
Still had 3 more victims to go. :evil:
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:20 pm

It would have been a great pic if he didn't look so retouched.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

ih8s8n
Trash
Trash

July 31st Redmond, OR concert. No ALONG CAME A SPIDER songs.

Post by ih8s8n » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:07 am

There were no ACAS songs in the set. The set was similar to the Psycho Drama Show I saw on 10/31/07 in Phoenix. New stuff: 4 girls in Halo of Flies, A lot of monsters in WTMN. Medley: Devils Food - Killer - I Love The Dead was truncated. Great show.... but was marred due to lack of security / crowd control. It was a general admission show, FREE with a ticket provided from a local radio station, to start at 7pm and I got in line at 3:45 and got in the third row. People were gathering in front of the stage early on from when the doors opened at 5:30. Everyone made a mad dash once the doors opened and there was no checking if you had a ticket or not and no search for any contaband. At 7, security was trying to get the people away from the front of the stage and delayed the opening song until 7:15. From then on it was a constant battle of people without seats vs people in seats who couldn't see. People stood on chairs, climbed on shoulders and if you were behind the third row you had trouble seeing. People in front bagan pushing the seats back and people behind the third row pushed forward until the rows of chairs buckled and the singular chairs broke free. People fell. Everyone was getting really pissed off. People stated smoking cigarettes and pot and adults with their children were leaving to avoid a crush or what have you. It seems like management of the venue never put on a concert before as the mob ruled and security let anybody do whatever they wanted to. The ailses were packed with people and I envisioned the fatal Great White concert or THE WHO show. In 40 years of concert going, I've never seen an audience behave like this one... and I prefer the crowds at Horrorpops, Nekromantix, Agent Orange, The Dickies etc etc I drove 365 miles to catch this show as Alice isn't doing any dates in Washington state. This was my first and last general admission concert. I'd rather pay $100 to see Alice and have a reserved seat and be able to enjoy the show.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 am

That really sucks. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy it.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:45 am

Wow, and I thought security were bad at the Excel show. Sucks they ruined it for you.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:42 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Was trying to find a review or something that would mention new songs. No luck. But, I did find an interview that I personally hadn't read (if it was on the news page, I clearly ddin't click the link). And it had a picture of Alice I've not seen before.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.d ... _category=
they have done a good job touching that pic up havent they?
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Huh...thats weird...according to this posted message in response to the IGN Uk review that is on here, someone wrote the following:

i just saw him in Redmond OR last night. Wake the dead was in it and it's great.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Oh, man.....that gets my hopes way up. Now I want to see someone else saying that. That's the song I've decided I'd really like him to have put it. I keep bringing it up on my iTunes and iPod.

Just gotta wait 'til next Thursday.....AND Friday! :clap:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: July 31st Redmond, OR concert. No ALONG CAME A SPIDER so

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 pm

ih8s8n wrote:This was my first and last general admission concert. I'd rather pay $100 to see Alice and have a reserved seat and be able to enjoy the show.
That sucks. The only general admission Coop show I've seen was in 1999 and the crowd was really into having a good time. Too bad it was a downer for you.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:51 pm

I've seen more than a few general admission Coop shows.... most of them have been pretty good... it always comes down to whether the venue has a clue what they're doing.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:54 pm

I agree, RI. When we saw Alice in Arkansas last year, people had been waiting for hours in 105 degree heat to see Alice, and I think most people were just glad it was finally show time.......except for the two guys about 4th "row" that broke out into a fight during the second song or so. Quite quickly, two large security guards were over the barrier and pulling them out of the crowd.....and then, it was a great show after that! (well....minus the very drunk woman next to me who kept getting upset at Alice for not responding to her, even though she was talking so quietly I could hardly hear her! :laugh: )

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:56 pm

I've been to several GA shows and have never had a problem. Luck o' the draw I guess for the OR show.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Dude.....Skullboy....report back to us on the setlist tomorrow....at the very least, the inclusion (or not) of ACAS tunes! Have fun! I am getting so psyched for Friday...and if Wake the Dead is in the setlist....too cool!

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:12 am

I know that I'd love for anything from ACAS to be played on Friday!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:16 am

Me too! And if it's Wake the Dead like has been indicated as a possibility..I'll be a-screamin'!! (trying not to get my hopes up too high!...but it's so hard! LOL)

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:14 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Dude.....Skullboy....report back to us on the setlist tomorrow....at the very least, the inclusion (or not) of ACAS tunes! Have fun! I am getting so psyched for Friday...and if Wake the Dead is in the setlist....too cool!
My first show isn't until August 15.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "