For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

I'll Still Be There (Bonus Track)

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:43 am

The more I listen to this, the more I love it. It really is a great song that is better than some of the songs that ended up on the album. It has some of the best lyrics too. This is one of the only songs on the album where Spider is genuinely threatening and humorless.

Change your face
Your name, your number
Cut your hair
Lock your doors
And bolt your windows
I'll find you there.

This isn't cheesy like the lyrics to Hungry or Feminine Side. This is disturbing. I believe that he means it. I hear a lot of people saying that the album isn't dark enough. If this track and Shadow of yourself replaced, lets say, Feminine side and Hungry, the album would be very different. Spider would seem more ruthless and less like a happy-go-lucky killer.

I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:53 am

I'm sure you are right, but since i can't get the bonus tracks, i can't give you my opinion
::((:

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:40 am

Very good song. I really like Shadow Of Yourself. It sounds awesome cranked up. Strange these songs didn't make the final album. Even stranger being that there is plenty of time as the cd clocks in at 44 mins plenty of time for these two songs.

But thats ok I got the songs off of itunes and with a little work I copyed em into MP3 and burned them onto a CD. Cool thing is the (burned) CD fits right in the sleeve where the booklet goes on the CD (along with the booklet) :clap:
Last edited by steven15322 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:48 am

Now I know how people felt trying to listen to those short previews for the album. These songs sound much better when you hear the whole song. I love the 2. The Salvation mix is kind of a waste but I felt obligated to get it anyway.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:22 am

So far I've only heard the bonus tracks on a really low volume cos everyone was in bed when I finally downloaded em, I'll be cranking it up today though. But from what little I could make out (and it was really low meaning I didn't catch many of the lyrics) the bonus tracks sound cool, they gripped me like VIM did and I think I'm gonna like em more than any of the songs on the actual album, save VIM. Of course it was that low my imagination could have been supplying some of what I wanted to hear so I could change my mind completely after hearing em again full blast :p
Flesh fanatic psychopath

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 am

steven15322 wrote:Even stranger being that there is plenty of time as the cd clocks in at 44 mins plenty of time for these two songs.
It's because at any longer than 44 minutes, the special edition vinyl would have been a double LP. SPV probably didn't want to put the extra money into it because they didn't think they'd get it back. As we know it was planned as a double lp all along, but the album would always be short enough to fit on one CD.
Gorehound wrote:So far I've only heard the bonus tracks on a really low volume cos everyone was in bed when I finally downloaded em, I'll be cranking it up today though. But from what little I could make out (and it was really low meaning I didn't catch many of the lyrics) the bonus tracks sound cool, they gripped me like VIM did and I think I'm gonna like em more than any of the songs on the actual album, save VIM. Of course it was that low my imagination could have been supplying some of what I wanted to hear so I could change my mind completely after hearing em again full blast :p
I agree with you about the songs gripping you like Vengeance is Mine. Vengeance is one of the most consistently dark songs on the album. Both bonus tracks are just as consistently dark. Catch Me and I Am The Spider are really the only other consistently dark tunes that made it to the album. Every other song (not including the ballads) has a tongue in cheek nature to the lyrics. Because most songs had that tongue in cheek nature, I can see why they didn't fit, but considering this was supposed to be a dark serial killer concept, they should have been there.[/quote]

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:58 pm

Aye, well I've heard the two bonus tracks again cranked up and I'm liking em, they're more akin to what I expected from the album.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:07 pm

The only problem is that because of the low bitrate, they sort of fall to pieces at loud volumes. They sound crap in my car.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 pm

steven15322 wrote:Even stranger being that there is plenty of time as the cd clocks in at 44 mins plenty of time for these two songs.
It's an incentive for people to get A.C. stuff from iTunes I'm guessing. It may have even been the record label's decision to do that or a creative decision, perhaps they (they being Alice, producer, label, whomever) didn't feel it actually fit on the final product.
Me = Winning

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Any idea what the noise at the beginning of Shadow Of Yourself is?
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Just about anything would probably sound better than "Hungry" and "In Touch" the worst two songs on the album IMO. Teresofblood, sounds like these are your least favorite as well.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:28 pm

I actually prefer the bonus version of Salvation over the original.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:56 pm

I think it would have been better if Alice sang the lyrics in falsetto. The instrumentation was so soft that it felt like Alice was singing way louder than he needed to on the chorus. That is just lazy on the part of whoever included it. I would have much rather had a third bonus track that wasn't a variation of another song.