For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Hobo in the Snow
Trash
Trash

Guardian Review - London Show

Post by Hobo in the Snow » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Just read the guardian review of the London show.

Just a quick question- the reviewer says that Calico wasn't there. Was that true? . From where I was standing it looked like her on stage. Did I see wrong?

Of course whilst Im at it I must say the whole "clever" rewiew was inane . If I was to critique her review I'd have to say it was the work of someone who spends all of her effort making herself look sophisticated- e.g witty digs at Alice. ( i read a few of her other reviews and she does the same thing to everyone) Little knowledge of how "lost in America" was actually a clever piece of work becaue its satire, comedy, and fits into a concept album. I suppose the erudite Guardian readers were impressed by the Dante's Inferno allusion, except that comparison has been made a thousand time by other observers, including Alice himelf who compares Brutal planet and dragontown to it. Try some original analysis, lady.

She complains about him just doing songs, might have mentioned how good the acoustic were and taken a second to critique the band too.

Oh and I didnt see the guillitione, (though I must admit I did dip for a beer refill during when the execution happens- did I miss something else)

Oh and unlike she says, it wasn't cold and miserable at the venue? I happened to see several girls there dressed fairly scantlily seemingly ok. But then they didnt have their heads so far up their own perfect butts that the rest of their bodies were cold. Hows that for clever :)
Last edited by Hobo in the Snow on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:37 pm

>Just a quick question- the reviewer says that Calico wasn't there. Was that true? .

No.

>Oh and I didnt see the guillitione, (though I must admit I did dip for a beer refill during when the execution happens- did I miss something else)

No. Why would you pick that particular moment, though?!

Hobo in the Snow
Trash
Trash

Post by Hobo in the Snow » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Just a quick question- the reviewer says that Calico wasn't there. Was that true? .

No.

>Oh and I didnt see the guillitione, (though I must admit I did dip for a beer refill during when the execution happens- did I miss something else)

No. Why would you pick that particular moment, though?!
Because I had to pee like a raging runaway Japanese bullet express train and nothin was gonna stop it !! and decided to stock up on beer whilst out there to save a second trip!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Well, the review actually made it sound like Calico isn't a regular part of the show to begin with, as it said

it helps to learn that his daughter Calico often joins the show, although she is not among the dancers tonight. .

So...she was a off on both parts of that statement.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:50 pm

At least she got the name CALICO correct. Wasn't there a review a while back where a media person called her a different name? I could be wrong though.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:52 pm

There was a picture that labeled her Britney within the last 6 months or so.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:57 pm

YES! That's what I'm referring to. Thanks NSP. :grin:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...