AlongCame A Spider--The SickThingsUK Review

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:37 pm

ACAS.i thought was going to be akin to Brutal Planet as far as heaviness goes.Like Si,i was hoping and anticipating for something alot more!"Vengeance is Mine" came out,and i thought the CD would be all that,and then some.Don't get me wrong,there are a few cuts that i like,but they seem to be lacking.I have an affinity for BP/RYFAY/Killer,as far as the "evil alice" goes,and i assumed this CD would be more along those lines.Listen to "Time to Kill/Chop,Chop,Chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace,and see how menacing Alice voice sounds,and he sings them in earnest.I just figured with the subject matter at hand,(dark masterpiece)that it might be a tad scarier.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 am

shock rock wrote:ACAS.i thought was going to be akin to Brutal Planet as far as heaviness goes.Like Si,i was hoping and anticipating for something alot more!"Vengeance is Mine" came out,and i thought the CD would be all that,and then some.Don't get me wrong,there are a few cuts that i like,but they seem to be lacking.I have an affinity for BP/RYFAY/Killer,as far as the "evil alice" goes,and i assumed this CD would be more along those lines.Listen to "Time to Kill/Chop,Chop,Chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace,and see how menacing Alice voice sounds,and he sings them in earnest.I just figured with the subject matter at hand,(dark masterpiece)that it might be a tad scarier.
Me too, VIM and the two (new) bonus tracks on iTunes are more in line with what I was expecting from the album.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:31 pm

thx,i'l have to check them out someday!!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind