Alice PinBall Game

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:02 am

Maybe some of the prizes will be just a random drawing from those that have played and have nothing to do with your score.
That's what I'm hoping for anyway!
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

capric0rn
Trash
Trash

Post by capric0rn » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 am

Someone stated in this thread that there might be a hack. Well, im first with a score of roughly 52 million points and i didnt use anything like that. Just a keyboard and some fast fingers. Actually, the game is quiet easy when you get the hang of it. I think i might be able to score up to 100 million points if i really needed to, but now ill just sit and watch the scoreboard from time to time to see if someone gets close. If someone does, ill start playing again ;)

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 am

:smack: I was having my best game ever, finished the lane challenge, up to about 3.5mil and the ball all of the sudden turns about 90 degrees and goes straight off the left side of the board. Nothing happens for about 15 seconds and then up comes game over. :smack:

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 pm

There should be a prize for the person who spends most time on it lol. I've sunk back to the low 100's....... ::((:

D
"You trade your soul for another taste....."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm

nimsowner wrote::smack: I was having my best game ever, finished the lane challenge, up to about 3.5mil and the ball all of the sudden turns about 90 degrees and goes straight off the left side of the board. Nothing happens for about 15 seconds and then up comes game over. :smack:
That happened to me once too... odd.

After about 75 games I finally got a ring tone.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 pm

Yeah, there are a few bugs...but I've played a lot of games (too many..haha!) and only seen 2. My ball went straight through a flipper once, and another time went up and out of the game...disappeared for a few seconds, and then dropped back down, through things, but I was able to hit it back up and continue playing! :laugh:

By the way, which song is the ringtone for? I'm gonna guess...Vengeance?
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 am

^It is Vengence is Mine, NSP.You get that one and one with Alice saying "You trap...You kill...You eat."

Are there any other ringtones?Oh, and while I'm at it, does any one know how many wallpapers there are?I have four.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:45 am

I couldn't play the ringtone since I got it at work.... so I don't know.
:blush:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 am

Cripes, I just got the ringtone for a second time and didn't download. I figured it would be the same. But who knows. Same with the wallpapers, I never thought there would be different ones. Oh well, plenty of time to get more.

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:25 pm

I've still to get a ring tone - now I'm desperate! I want the one of Alice saying "you trap you kill you eat!" I've got three different wallpapers.

D

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:14 am

When you win the ringtone you get both of them. The ringtone is Vengeance and smstone is the one that just says "You trap, You kill, You eat"

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 am

I think the easiest way to get a high score on the pinball is to master looping the spider or silk run loops. When you hit it consecutively it goes up by 50,000 points each time. So for 4 consecutive shoots on one of the runs you score 50k, 100k, 150k, 200k or 500,000 points for the 4 shots. I personally don't have the skill to run it higher than this so I don't know if the score keeps running up by 50k each time or if it caps at some point.

I want to say the program does not keep the shots exactly the same each time. Like if you hit the ball at the same point each time it will not go exactly the same over time. But maybe that is just my bad oldman reflexes and some younger people here could do a better job.

One last thing that I think makes it easier to repeat the shots is holding the flipper up when the ball is returning and waiting until the ball comes to a full stop at the base of the flipper to make your shot. The ball slows down when coming down and will not roll past the flipper if you keep it held in the up position.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:32 am

nimsowner wrote:
I want to say the program does not keep the shots exactly the same each time. Like if you hit the ball at the same point each time it will not go exactly the same over time.
So, it's not just my perception, someone else thinks this too! Good! I noticed this most especially with the "skill shot." Uh..yeah, that's more like the "luck shot." :laugh:

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:36 am

It could also be due to lag too.

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:20 am

Does everyone know that you can change the lit bulbs at the top by using the flippers? Then you can get 3 lit easier to get the 2x 3x 4x 5x ? I've been doing that with some success. Also using tilt when trying to get the skillshot sometimes stops it from going over the edge into the game. I seem to have lost the knack of getting the ball up into the spider trap. I had it mastered at one point but now I just get frustrated! It goes everywhere except up the ramp! :/

D

grim fact
Trash
Trash

Post by grim fact » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 pm

All is not lost when the ball goes down the outer lanes.

Keep that side's flipper up and shake the table (space bar) at the right time, and the ball may very well be pushed back through the flippers and back into the game!

Has worked for me on both sides. :8):

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:38 pm

AP.....how do you change the lights with the flippers? I had no idea about that....and is tilt the space bar bit that grim fact is mentioning? Also had no idea about that!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Ok...being able to change lights up top is awesome! Got the wallpaper......again. Gotten 4 prizes now. 1 wallpaper once, and another wallpaper 3 times.

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Yep NSP, that is common with all pinball games, computer or otherwise. I would have mentioned it, but wrongly thought it was common knowledge. Sorry.

I have gotten the X5 several times and I hear it "pop" and when the game is over, it says I have won something. But when I click on it, I get nothing. And yes I am registered and logged in. Any pointers?
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Also helps if you read the rules too. :grin:
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.