For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

lon coopfire
Trash
Trash

AT LEAST, THE LEGEND IT'S WHERE HE DESERVES

Post by lon coopfire » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:27 pm

NEW WEBSITE, NEW PROMOS, A LOT OF PROMOTION... WELL, THIS IS THE FIRST EXCITING MOVE FROM A COMPANY FOR ALICE SINCE TRASH OR SOMETHING... FRIENDS, THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR ALICE, WHEREVER YOU LIKE THE NEW ALBUM OR NOT.
REMEMBER THE COOP!!!!!!
lon coopfire

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:26 am

Yes it is encouraging. I hope it translates into better sales and/or more recognition for him. I've been telling lots of people to check out his website now.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Owepar
Trash
Trash

Post by Owepar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:31 am

Gotta give 'em credit for the new design of the site.... that official site's been pretty damn generic, dating all the way back to the days when it was called "Alice's Attic" (jeez, a decade or more ago -- where does the time go?!). The "Psycho" homage video is pretty awesome (but it should've been Alice narrating), and the You Tube clips are truly great promos. Spitfire and Eagle never did anything to promote him, hopefully Steamhammer will... though it's a bit disconcerting that there's still no mention of him on the label's site.

The video for "Hey Stoopid" actually did get some steady airplay on MTV (despite what online sources and the Collector's Guide claim), I caught "Lost in America" on Headbanger's Ball exactly once (6 months before the album was released), and a promo for "The Last Temptation" aired sporadically the week the album was finally released (http://www.veoh.com/videos/e97926eMQ3M8za), but that was absolutely the last video promotion I saw for his new albums (though I've got a few print ads for "Brutal Planet" and "Dragontown" somewhere). Great to see that there's some new clips, even if they are online exclusives (which I'm not certain that they are). Here's hoping it leads to some exposure that's deserved and long overdue.
Born Dead

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:12 am

Love the promo shots. They'd make good posters at the concert swag table.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 am

Shoesalesman wrote:Love the promo shots. They'd make good posters at the concert swag table.
agree completely and it seems those tables will make more money then the cd/album thanks to all this illegal downloading

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:00 am

I'm still waiting for that "Agressive Marketing Team" to actually do something.

At least New West actually had stuff going before the album was even out. SPV? Nada.. that I've heard at least.
Me = Winning

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am

Agree with Shoesalesman and his comments.
The promo of Alice `s police shot, is one of the best ever.

The opening video on the new site is awesome, ( oops, slipped into my american mode then )
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Considering that Alice Cooper has been making music for 40 years. Its good to know that SPV are giving him the overhaul visually because that is how people do things now....with myspace, facebook, iTunes....

I can't wait to see the new page on iTunes....

With all this promotion, do you think SPV will pick up the "remastering/repackaging" card? I would just flip out if they did the whole catalog with style!!!
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

lon coopfire
Trash
Trash

Post by lon coopfire » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:04 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:I'm still waiting for that "Agressive Marketing Team" to actually do something.

At least New West actually had stuff going before the album was even out. SPV? Nada.. that I've heard at least.
Well, in spain anyone did nothing for alice in the past. I'm talking from the point of view of a journalist. At that point the people from spv in spain has been send photos and cd's of this new album to the magazines. It's much more that what the people from spitfire did with the four albums before. But, yes, he deserves more. SOme people don't know more than 5 or 6 pieces of alice: poison, school's out... It's time to change the people perspective of one of the greatest artist of all time. Few people alive can see face to face with alice (dylan, neil young, mccartney, stones, jerry lee lewis, little richards, chuck berry, and few more). Well, I'm an obsesive fan. But I think that's the truth.
lon coopfire

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 pm

>Spitfire and Eagle never did anything to promote him,

That's not exactly true.

>I caught "Lost in America" on Headbanger's Ball exactly once (6 months before the album was released),

Are you sure about that? I think the "Lost In America" video was shot in May 1994 and the album came out two months later, so I'm not sure that what you say is correct.

>but that was absolutely the last video promotion I saw for his new albums

There's a concert film for "A Fistful Of Alice" and a video for "Gimme", as well.

>(though I've got a few print ads for "Brutal Planet" and "Dragontown" somewhere).

But you just said that "Spitfire and Eagle never did anything to promote him".

>Great to see that there's some new clips, even if they are online exclusives (which I'm not certain that they are).

Where else have you seen them?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:12 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Considering that Alice Cooper has been making music for 40 years. Its good to know that SPV are giving him the overhaul visually because that is how people do things now....with myspace, facebook, iTunes....
The Myspace page, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with SPV. From my knowledge it's a combination of Black Victory/Alice's people. He has no official presence on Facebook. Not sure what overhaul you're talking with iTunes.
I can't wait to see the new page on iTunes....
What new page?
With all this promotion, do you think SPV will pick up the "remastering/repackaging" card?
1.) What promotion is SPV responsible for thus far?

2.) To the latter half of your statement, that might be very difficult. Rhino is easy since I believe they are under Warner Bros umbrella anyway.
Me = Winning

shewhocannotbenamed
Trash
Trash

Post by shewhocannotbenamed » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:59 pm

I am not sure but it seems that most of the promotional stuff is coming from Alice's camp and Piggy D and Gabrielle.

I haven't yet seen much from SPV. Hopefully that will change.

:/