For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

ACAS good or bad?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I have read all posts on here and some people have been able to listen to ACAS before it is offically released, how they have, i am not bothered really, but some on here after anticipating a new album for so long are moaning at ACAS, let those who are waiting untul it is released have the time to listen before making their mind up.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Wouldn't it be a requirement for you to listen to it before making up your mind?

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:56 pm

It would and i am waiting until i give it a nay or aye.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 pm

um......ok.......cool..............

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Sorry, had to move this to Psycho-Drama/ACAS section.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:38 pm

The last 3-4 songs are masterpieces...but the lyrics are weak.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Everyone is going on about Salvation being so good. I don't think it is that good. It is perhaps the best song on the album but it is still mediocre at best. Perhaps it just look better because it is surrounded by worse.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Because the whole thing sucks so much...yes, we know.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:02 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Because the whole thing sucks so much...yes, we know.
Why are you so volatile when people are just stating an opinion? If it was your new album and you had written the songs i would appreciate why you are being so hostile, but all we're doing is stating our views. At no point has anyone questioned Alice's integrity or character, we're simply criticising the album. It's not the end of the world, we already have a fantastic back catalogue of albums, and one poor record isn't going to change the fact that Alice is my ultimate influence and icon.

With regards to Salvation, in my opinion it's the least successful song on the album, the chorus is just very unconvincing and is lyrically redundant.

I'd say my favourite song on the album is 'Wake The Dead' which by all means is a strong which is slightly let down by the repetition of 'Run For Your Life' which from a musical point of view sounds unnecessary, i can only assume this line was added for narrative purposes.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Sorry, put this in the wrong place, thanks Shoey.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:43 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:Because the whole thing sucks so much...yes, we know.
Why are you so volatile when people are just stating an opinion? If it was your new album and you had written the songs i would appreciate why you are being so hostile, but all we're doing is stating our views. At no point has anyone questioned Alice's integrity or character, we're simply criticising the album. It's not the end of the world, we already have a fantastic back catalogue of albums, and one poor record isn't going to change the fact that Alice is my ultimate influence and icon.

With regards to Salvation, in my opinion it's the least successful song on the album, the chorus is just very unconvincing and is lyrically redundant.

I'd say my favourite song on the album is 'Wake The Dead' which by all means is a strong which is slightly let down by the repetition of 'Run For Your Life' which from a musical point of view sounds unnecessary, i can only assume this line was added for narrative purposes.
I think he was being sarcastic to the person who posted before him.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 pm

She. :8):
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Salvation, in my opinion it's the least successful song on the album, the chorus is just very unconvincing and is lyrically redundant.
Salvation lyrically redundant?

I don't see it that way at all, a serial killer questioning his modus operandi, wondering if there could be salvation through Jesus Christ

What if I'm wrong,
I've been deceived all along
What if I'm wrong

What have I done
Did I waste a life just for fun
What have I done

What did I do
I did what voices told me to
What did I do

Where will I go
Will I sink through fire down below
Where will I go

Any chance of salvation
Any chance for me
Any chance of salvation for eternity
Any chance of salvation
Someone died for me
Washed in blood he cared enough to pity me

Why do I care
What's wrong with me, my hate is gone
Why do I care

When did I change
What's different now, it's very strange
When did I change

Any chance of salvation
Any chance for me
Any chance of salvation
Someone died for me
Washed in blood he cared enough to pity me

In my heart
In my soul
Something's new, that's very old
Like a pain that's finally gone
I feel my heavy burden lifted

Any chance of salvation
Any chance for me
Any chance of salvation

Any chance of salvation
Any chance for me
Any chance of salvation
Any chance for me
Any chance of salvation
Any chance for me
Sal-va-tion
Sal-va-tion
Sal-va-tion
Sal-va-tion
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Salvation is a good tune , the coop sings this one with conviction . Exellent arrangement , plus the strings / synth and backing vocals are very nice .

This along with i am the spider are my two favs , and i gotta say much of the album is growing on me .

All this from someone that love's special forces , so take my views with a grain of salt if you hate special forces .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Similar contextually to Stolen Prayer? I love these introspective lyrics from Alice. He is then projecting it towards the sins of a serial killer whom he believes can find salvation regardless of depravity of those sins. Classic and thought provoking lyrics IMO.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:52 am

You know, Kev: you should look forward to the release and don't let any of this stuff bother you. This is all a classic case of "haves vs. have nots": those who have heard it, and those who have not. Then that all breaks down into subgroups too: those who have and don't like it very verbally and loudly, then those who don't say anything, then those who have and break it down into technicalities and riffs, and guitar and drums and lyrics and on and on... then those who have and like it..etc..etc..etc.....then those who haven't heard it and get conflicting information and it's just a publicity free for all...Alice fans are just so diversified it's impossible to name all the subgroup possibilities..

It's all a matter of opinion, Kev..just look forward to the release and enjoy it when you get it...

Nothin' else matters.

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:44 pm

I am looking forward to the release of ACAS, not letting people who don't like the album put me off, like a film, a reviewers write up is what he/she see and only that, but my point is that after 3 years since DD was released, there are many who are just too negative, well, their choice, i know i will enjoy ACAS.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Its kind of funny...while everyone has their opinion...it begs the question when did all these people become producers? Have they any experience recording or even playing an instrument?

Don't get me wrong...its ok not to like everything that Alice does...but if people are going to be so negative about the album I'd like to hear specifics.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 pm

It's pretty well know that I really enjoy this new album. I can now also add that my wife likes it too. She really digs Killed By Love and Salvation.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!