For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Psycho Drama tour part 2

Post by tim10cc » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm

I was hoping when the July 6 tour posted on the setlist thread that the set-list would of been altered compared to last year's Psycho Drama tour. The Psycho Drama tour came through Saint Louis last year and coming back again. I have to admit I am a HUGE Alice fan but I am not that excited that he is coming here for the same tour as last year? Has anything different been added to the show??? The gallows were cool and all but to me they needed more details on them instead the gallows looked like they were built in someone's garage. I feel right now the tour feels like a Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus same act same song ext ext . The tour sounds more like to me what the audience wants unless Alice enjoys doing 18, Poison, Schools out and Only women bleed after night after night after night. The Alice Cooper song book is a fantastic collection of songs with alot of twist and surprises and I feel his song book has been WAY OVERLOOKED for years. I feel like I am getting the meat but its up to Alice to make it the meatloaf, spice it up a bit. Its been YEARS since we have heard the full version of these songs LIVE!!!!and some songs have never been used on stage live. I would love to go to a Cooper show and hear some of his best!!!: My stars, Luney Tune, Never been sold before, Working up a sweat, Some folks, Years ago, Wish you were here( and I dont mean a long guitar solo I mean the whole actual song) Wake me gently, The inmates, Jacknife Johnny, Clones, Grim facts, Pain, Generation landslide 81 style, Who do you think we are, Tag your it, Make that money, Pass the gun around, Freedom, Lock me up, Roses on white lace, Wind up toy, Hey stoopid, Lullaby,Cleansed by fire, Sideshow, Brutal Planet(entire song) Cold machines, Deeper, Its much too late, Disgraceland, Man of the year, Detroit city, Pretty Ballerina,Sunset Babies, and other surprises such as I've got a line on you, Is anyone home.

I am a huge Alice fan as well as Bowie and I do give Bowie credit, he hasnt toured much in the past 5 year but his last few tours he has focused really hard on the set-list and has given a very satisfying show the last 3 times I have seen him. I vote for the Alice management to give a show what the HARD CORE Fans WANT!!!
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 pm

They show YOU see may not be the show they are currently doing. You'll have to wait an see.
The band were heard playing songs from (as yet unreleased) ACAS in soundcheck yesterday. Could be all sorts of reasons of course, but just mentioning.

As for playing different songs... we've been all around that one many times before i'm afriad.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Personally I would love to see the Psycho Drama tour as it is but that might be since I didn't get to see it last year and I probably won't this year either.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Really would be strange not to play some tunes off ACAS. I mean, is that not what you are suppose to do ?? If you make an effort to record a new disc, aren't you suppose to promote it ? Maybe in August when the ACAS is actually out the new stuff will be added.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Then the tour name will change to "The Sickthingsuk ACAS Drama Tour"
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:46 pm

I've not seen a tour in three years, BRING IT ON x 4!!! :rock:

Of course... respect to those who've waited longer or not had the chance yet. :(
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm willing to bet something new is added after the album is released (maybe even before).

Alice always seems to want to play some new material if he's got a new album out.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

lon coopfire
Trash
Trash

Post by lon coopfire » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:20 pm

WITH 25 STUDIO ALBUMS HE COULD CHANGE THE SET A LITTLE BIT. MAYBE A COUPLE OF SONGS EVERY NIGHT. HE DON'T NEED TO DO BE MY LOVER, FEED MY FRANKESTEIN, IT IS MY BODY OR WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE ALMOST EVERY TOUR. A DIFFERENT THING IT'S SCHOOL'S OUT, NO MORE MR NICE GUY, EIGHTEEN, POISON, UNDER MY WHEELS OR WOMEN BLEED. BUT THAT'S WHAT WE GOT.
WE HAVE TO ENJOY WHAT WE GOT. AND THAT'S ALL.
lon coopfire

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Please do not shout.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:47 pm

>Really would be strange not to play some tunes off ACAS. I mean, is that not what you are suppose to do ??

If you go to viewtopic.php?t=3980&start=0, you will see this was already discussed.

Cozzie
Killer
Killer

Post by Cozzie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 am

lon coopfire wrote:WITH 25 STUDIO ALBUMS HE COULD CHANGE THE SET A LITTLE BIT. MAYBE A COUPLE OF SONGS EVERY NIGHT. HE DON'T NEED TO DO BE MY LOVER, FEED MY FRANKESTEIN, IT IS MY BODY OR WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE ALMOST EVERY TOUR. A DIFFERENT THING IT'S SCHOOL'S OUT, NO MORE MR NICE GUY, EIGHTEEN, POISON, UNDER MY WHEELS OR WOMEN BLEED. BUT THAT'S WHAT WE GOT.
WE HAVE TO ENJOY WHAT WE GOT. AND THAT'S ALL.
For me the ACAS tour would not be the same without Be My Lover. I adore the song and it encourages audience participation. The woman I was standing next to last year was almost in hysterics when Alice pointed her out as his 'lover'!

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:41 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Really would be strange not to play some tunes off ACAS. I mean, is that not what you are suppose to do ??

If you go to viewtopic.php?t=3980&start=0, you will see this was already discussed.
With all due respect A_MichaelUK he looks to be a fairly new poster here and maybe HE wants to discuss it in this thread. Not just read about what you and others have argued about in a previous thread. There are people that have just joined and wish to discuss topics that many of the long time posters find boring. Guess what....ignore the thread that may have already discussed last week, month or year ago.

This was one reason I haven't posted in such a long time. Every thread turns into an argument between a couple of long time posters here, or when a comment is made by someone else....somebody pulls "quotes" and "quotes of quotes" to argue with the new guy/girl. Why is it that some cannot post without confrontation? Are they that argumentative in real life or just behind the safety of a keyboard? I will get off my soapbox now.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Alicehunter2000 wrote:[Guess what....ignore the thread that may have already discussed last week, month or year ago.
It's better to have one or two generalized threads about a topic than ten or fifteen threads about the same thing; keeps ideas and suggestions in a central place where people don't have to spend hours trying to find something or comment in the right spot.

And I have to disagree with your comment about every thread ending in bloodshed. It's the ones that keep going around and around when a point has already been made or someone has a hard time letting go of something... that's the concern. Overall, most threads serve their purpose calmly.

I don't know what to say to your last few questions... we've been over this in many threads, many, MANY times. People are different, with different ways of doing things, 'tis all.

Don't let some friction keep you from posting; just take what you need from the discussion and move on. Sometimes that's all that can be done I've found.

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Shoe........."These words you speak are true....Were all huminary stew.....Don't know why I had to quote this but it seemed kind of applicable.

You disagreed with me without arguing....:)

I have noticed that a few new posters have come on board (probably the new album coming out) and I just didn't want to scare them away with all the old-timers bickering. I only commented about A_MichaelUK because he has come after me many many moons ago and it kinda turned me off from the site.

Sorry Michael, I don't mean to try and piss you off at me now and Lord knows I don't want to get into a tit for tat with you (don't have the time or stomach for it). My only point is that we should want to attract new members with new ideas. It's one thing to get into it with someone who has been posting for years, but if you do it with someone new.....probably just going to turn them off.

Again, my apologies Michael, you are very knowlegeble about Alice related material and I can't even remember what it was that we "discussed" a long time ago that turned me from the site. In fact I would have to say you have gotten a little more docile in your "discussions", however, I have noticed others that have taken your place.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 am

Alicehunter2000 wrote:It's one thing to get into it with someone who has been posting for years, but if you do it with someone new.....probably just going to turn them off.
It would be a shame to have them "turned off", but there are a million other places to get their Alice fix than STUK.

In the event Si has me killed for saying the above... AVENGE ME!! :(

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:03 am

>In fact I would have to say you have gotten a little more docile in your "discussions",

That depends on who I am having a ‘discussion’ with. If you think that I am automatically going to be ‘aggressive’ for no reason, then that shows how paranoid you are.

>however, I have noticed others that have taken your place.

That’s you being paranoid again. Other than that, Shoesalesman put forward the main point in his post. If you are a new member of a forum like this one, it’s only fair on everyone else that you spend a bit of time checking recent threads to see if the topic you want to raise has already been discussed. There might be a lot of information in those threads, which some new members might find interesting if they read them.

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 am

missed the psycho drama tour the first round but will be seeing this one. he should change the setlist up a bit. WOMAN OF MASS DISTRACTION and DIRTY DIAMONDS are unneeded. Now now before fans of those songs get their balls in an uproar...you have ot admit, they are not Alice staples. He can insert 2 new songs in their place and promote the current album. its not like hes replacing a huge hit in the setlist.
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 am

..you have ot admit, they are not Alice staples.

funny,"staples" seems to be what most are complaining about with his set list!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:35 am

I thought WMD and DD were working quite nicely. Would rather get rid of "Lost In America" personally then maybe a DD song.
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:I thought WMD and DD were working quite nicely. Would rather get rid of "Lost In America" personally then maybe a DD song.
I agree. I would prefer to hear WoMD and DD than Lost in America too. Lost in America never really did it for me and I wouldn't miss it at all if it was dropped.