Psycho Drama tour part 2

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dwight furnier
Trash
Trash

Post by dwight furnier » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 pm

I have posted a couple of times, but i tend to just read them, however i cant help but notice that one poster seems to think he is god and that his word his final and no one can possibly no more than him. Please Sir, i no the answer, please ask me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee comes to mind. I await his quixotic reply. He will no who he is, afterall its his Forum.
:axe:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:12 pm

It's MY forum.
I don't think I'm god, and as anyone here will tell you often point out that I do NOT know everything and I am not expert and could always be wrong.
For example, I have no idea what "quixotic" means, and am not about to look it up.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:50 pm

dwight furnier wrote:I have posted a couple of times, but i tend to just read them, however i cant help but notice that one poster seems to think he is god and that his word his final and no one can possibly no more than him. Please Sir, i no the answer, please ask me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee comes to mind. I await his quixotic reply. He will no who he is, afterall its his Forum.
Si can stick up for himself, but you are well out of order dwight furnier, this is the best Alice fan site out there and the only person who knows more about the career of Alice Cooper other than Si Halley and Andy Michael (who has contributed much to this site) is his assistant Brian Nelson.

There are arguments on here (and I know I get into many of them) and it can get a bit heated sometimes, but if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

KylerClark
Trash
Trash

Post by KylerClark » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Couple things... Word on the street is that we'll likely add a few new ones for the upcoming tour of the states/canada/uk. As for seeing the same set every night for an entire tour, that has to do with all of the theatrics and what not. It's difficult to throw in a totally new song and have the theatrics work around it. Certain songs go with certain bits, and that leaves room for few fillers to be swapped out. It's tricky with someone like Alice who has a huge catalogue of music to choose from. There are so many staples that everyone wants to hear, but then you have to bring in the new stuff and also keep fans happy with some obscure stuff. But as I said, it's especially difficult on the people in the show who go on musical cues to do theatrical parts if the set changes night after night. There's a lot more to an Alice Cooper show than your average rock act! Hopefully we will add some new stuff to the set once we're in the states.

And for the record I think the gallows looks killer. Try making a huge set piece that is SAFE, on wheels, looks good and has to break down and fit into a case every night, which then has to fit on to a truck or be light enough to fly with. See if you can come up with something better. It's welded aluminum, not something you can throw together in a garage.
KC

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:04 pm

KylerClark wrote:Couple things... Word on the street is that we'll likely add a few new ones for the upcoming tour of the states/canada/uk. As for seeing the same set every night for an entire tour, that has to do with all of the theatrics and what not. It's difficult to throw in a totally new song and have the theatrics work around it. Certain songs go with certain bits, and that leaves room for few fillers to be swapped out. It's tricky with someone like Alice who has a huge catalogue of music to choose from. There are so many staples that everyone wants to hear, but then you have to bring in the new stuff and also keep fans happy with some obscure stuff. But as I said, it's especially difficult on the people in the show who go on musical cues to do theatrical parts if the set changes night after night. There's a lot more to an Alice Cooper show than your average rock act! Hopefully we will add some new stuff to the set once we're in the states.

And for the record I think the gallows looks killer. Try making a huge set piece that is SAFE, on wheels, looks good and has to break down and fit into a case every night, which then has to fit on to a truck or be light enough to fly with. See if you can come up with something better. It's welded aluminum, not something you can throw together in a garage.
Thanks for the info Kyler
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:29 pm

I like DD. WOMD and LIA. There are others in the "Theatrical" portion I could do without. Everyone has their own taste and preferences.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

dwight furnier
Trash
Trash

Post by dwight furnier » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Si wrote:It's MY forum.
I don't think I'm god, and as anyone here will tell you often point out that I do NOT know everything and I am not expert and could always be wrong.
For example, I have no idea what "quixotic" means, and am not about to look it up.

I did not mean you, so i apologise if you thought i was having a go at you. I should have been unequivocal

dwight furnier
Trash
Trash

Post by dwight furnier » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:47 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
dwight furnier wrote:I have posted a couple of times, but i tend to just read them, however i cant help but notice that one poster seems to think he is god and that his word his final and no one can possibly no more than him. Please Sir, i no the answer, please ask me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee comes to mind. I await his quixotic reply. He will no who he is, afterall its his Forum.
Si can stick up for himself, but you are well out of order dwight furnier, this is the best Alice fan site out there and the only person who knows more about the career of Alice Cooper other than Si Halley and Andy Michael (who has contributed much to this site) is his assistant Brian Nelson.

There are arguments on here (and I know I get into many of them) and it can get a bit heated sometimes, but if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
Oh i can stand the heat thanks, just believe people have a right to an opinion and should not be shot down for not understanding certain things or belittled because they might have been incorrect but with good intentions. Diplomacy and perhaps a more polite reply might go down better.

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:47 pm

The word is quixotic, not quixtoxic.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quixotic
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Sure Shoey, delete your post so mine is out of context. :nono:
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Are you feeling quixotic about it? ;)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Isn't quixotic about 25 points in scrabble?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Interesting that you're suggesting he put in new songs...yet you want him to take his two newest songs in the setlist out. How are they ever supposed to become staples if they only get played during the tour for the current album and then get removed for songs from the next current album?
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Um....yeah. Evidently I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see there was a second page before I posted my comment. *headdesk* So, my comment was in response to Evan442's comment on page 1 of the thread.

And personally, I like DD and WOMD live. And my general perception of the crowds I've been in seems to be that they liked them too!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 pm

KylerClark wrote:
Ya know....I liked it before! And while I knew it must not travel put-together, I never thought about breaking it down into a case. That's truly impressive!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:26 pm

New songs in Canada?

:rock:

If it happens, it'll be interesting to see where they'll go in the setlist and what, sadly, may be taken out. Can't wait to hit the road in September with this new album.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:13 pm

My wife liked Woman Of Mass Distraction, specifically when Alice pointed at her while singing it.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

KylerClark
Trash
Trash

Post by KylerClark » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
KylerClark wrote:
Ya know....I liked it before! And while I knew it must not travel put-together, I never thought about breaking it down into a case. That's truly impressive!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
It's really quite impressive. :) Pat does a lovely job with it every day.
KC

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 am

KylerClark wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:
KylerClark wrote:
It's really quite impressive. :) Pat does a lovely job with it every day.
It is also mind numbingly impressive that the design of this thing allows it to be stripped down, shipped, re-assembled and used almost on a daily basis!!, not to mention the initial fabrication which must include a good measure of aluminium welding, which - for those that may not appreciate it - is a highly skilled process to boot! All of which I guess would need to be insurance assessed too at some point prior to going on the road? :/ :grin:

Thanks for the interesting info Kyler!
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.