I used to love/hate ACAS, but now I have changed my mind....

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

I used to love/hate ACAS, but now I have changed my mind....

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 pm

This happened to me when Trash and Hey Stoopid came out.....I didn't like either album, and then later I changed my mind.
I haven't heard ACAS yet. I have heard the 30 second clips and have seen the first video.....So I will give my opinion later.
I think some people will change their minds after they see the videos with the music. Maybe they will change their minds when they hear the music live in concert.
This forum is for anyone whose opinion has changed since they first heard and saw Along Came A Spider.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Took me a while to get into The Eyes Of Alice Cooper, but once I did... it was great.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:36 pm

took me a while to get into L&W but when i did it was great!
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm loving this album more and more everyday. More than a few of the songs have been stuck in my head and that rarely happens for me.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Ok, I have to be honest. When I was listening to the samples.....they were not "flipping my lid"---It reminded of that feeling I got when I first heard "Poison"--and learned he was working with Desmond Child----UH OH! (Trash and Stoopid lived up to their names, IMHO) Curse Desmond Child!

Now, I have 'skimmed' through the album, and yes, I like it...a lot, actually. I think ACAS sounds like S.F. Sorrow by The Pretty Things. I has all this woven orchestration and tempo changes going on...with some discordant sounds which, work....60's acid rock. That is my first impression on just skimming the album.

If you don't know S.F. Sorrow by the Pretty Things.....that is what the internet is for. Research.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Ok, I couldn't resist. I listened to the entire album....Great. I like all the songs. I think this album really attempts to bring in the foundational elements of Alice Cooper.
Listen to Pretties for you and Easy Action.....then listen to Along Came a Spider. You may understand what I am saying.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Killed by Love channels John Lennon......crazy. Wake The Dead is my current favorite....Ozzy ruled that harmonica.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 am

i'm really getting into wake the dead it maybe even becoming my faverite but i like vengeance and iam the spider lots!
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:46 pm

I will admit it. When I first heard Vengeance Is Mine....I didn't like it, until I listened to it about 10 times. The same for the clips when they were available.....

When I finally heard the entire album, in order....some lights came on in my head and I got it. I started to hear connections to older songs....and the vocal harmonies are fun to sing with. That's when it changed for me....

So, I don't sing the melody, I sing the harmony.....a third above the melody.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 pm

I loved it right from the begining and it only seems to get better with each listening.