For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

ACAS Live Tracks?

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm

I have not heard the clips or CD yet, but have read the lyrics.

Frankly, I wish PT never wrote Tommy and the idea of rock operas and concept albums never came about. In IMHO rock works best as one big live party where people are simply entertained by quality of the music being played and leave with a big smile on their faces. I don't find the idea of a slasher CD compelling or entertaining in the least, and really don't care if the lyrics and story line are clever or simply lame and repetitive. For me the hooks are far more important than the story. I'd pick Berry singing about his ding-a-ling over See Me, Feel Me everytime. Just one person's opinion and like noses, we all have one.

So, from those who have heard this, how many of these songs are musically strong enough to play live? Will any of them hold up in the rock and roll first half of the show, or do they need to go in the "Theatrical" or "promotional hype/shock rock" portion of the show? What will we get next year?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:54 pm

i think vengeance will be played live anyway, and some stuff like wrapped in slik i know where you live etc, but how can you not like tommy!
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:05 pm

I think a lot of the material on this album could be played live because it really would fit well into the current Alice show.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:54 pm

It's just too bad that there are people who've prejudged the album wish Alice wouldn't playt the new tracks.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

Well, the ones that have heard the whole thing aren't prejudging....they're just judging pre-release. But, they've heard the whole thing, at which point it makes sense they'd have an opinion.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:08 pm

Yeah, but just for their sake I hope he plays the whole album live :evil:

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:43 pm

I like the music to Tommy, but the story of the deaf, dumb and blind boy made more sense when I was a hippie smoking a lot of dope than it does today, LOL!

Remember it was Coop who said rock stars are all morons. There is a reason most rock songs are about with sex, drugs, RNR, or fast cars. They are not meant to be thought about too much.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm a rocker/hippie/metalhead but i love tommy and no i'm not on drugs!!
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Do you simply love the music or do you somehow relate to the spiritual story of the deaf, dumb, and blind boy? Do the lyrics have deep meaning to you? Do you know the significance and underlying of pinball?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:21 pm

Since it inevitable that he must use some of the new songs next year, I would say do Vengence is mine while they are readying the guillotine. Then when he gets his head removed, the band can continue the chorus like they do with I Love the Dead.