I DON'T LIKE THE ALBUM, AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO TELL

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Prob would have been a better idea if everyone had kept their opinions to themselves until the album actually was out since many are waiting to hear the album then.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I don't like the new album

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:42 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Remember guys, this is just my opinion and i'm not forcing it upon you!
And I count no less than 4 threads where you're not forcing your opinion on us.

;)
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:14 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Remember guys, this is just my opinion and i'm not forcing it upon you!

;)
I think you'll find that i have simply voiced my opinion. It doesn't matter to me if anyone agrees with it or not. It certainly doesn't bother me if you really like the album, if that is the case then i'm really happy for you!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:45 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:

;)
I think you'll find that i have simply voiced my opinion. It doesn't matter to me if anyone agrees with it or not. It certainly doesn't bother me if you really like the album, if that is the case then i'm really happy for you!
I guess I don't see a point in continuing to constantly voice your displeasure with the album... especially given it's not been released yet.

We heard you loud and clear... you don't like it... is it necessary to beat us over the head with it?

In addition, I think it's a bit "over the top" when you're actually saying the vocals sound "demo quality". That's just absurd.

My guess is if you'd liked the material, none of that would really matter... so why should it matter because you don't like the material. Just leave it at that.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:59 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:

;)
I guess I don't see a point in continuing to constantly voice your displeasure with the album... especially given it's not been released yet.

We heard you loud and clear... you don't like it... is it necessary to beat us over the head with it?

In addition, I think it's a bit "over the top" when you're actually saying the vocals sound "demo quality". That's just absurd.

My guess is if you'd liked the material, none of that would really matter... so why should it matter because you don't like the material. Just leave it at that.
As much as i understand where you're coming from, i dont really feel like i'm beating anyone over the head with my opinion. If that's the case then i could argue that the same applies to certain people who are beating others over the head with how much they love the album.

What does it matter whether it has been released yet? I've got it, i dont see any point in waiting until the official release date to talk about it.

As for my comment about the demo-quality vocals, this primarily applies to songs such as 'Salvation'. In my opinion they don't sound well produced or edited - and given that these kind of things affect the way I enjoy listening to the music then i don't think my comment was absurd....but that's all it is....an opinion.

Like i've already said, I have no doubt that lots of people will LOVE this album and I really do envy those people.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:37 pm

It's okay to discuss differing opinions, as long as we realize they are just opinions. I don't think anyone's forcing them on anyone else. If you agree with someone's comment, cool, if you don't... still cool. Just don't make responses personal and not all opinions need a retort.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

lon coopfire
Trash
Trash

Post by lon coopfire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:14 pm

steven15322 wrote:Prob would have been a better idea if everyone had kept their opinions to themselves until the album actually was out since many are waiting to hear the album then.
Hey Steven, I heard the whole album. That's what I gave an opinion in the top of the topic. Of course, I did my pre order with amazon, ordering the vinyl and the cd... But I think, that unfortunately, I'm not gonna change my opinion about the album, I'm fact I'm waiting for the next one. Alone came a spider it's a good ambum for the new company: very fresh, very modern, very heavy... They have a good album to sell to the young generation. But as a cooper fan that I am for more than 25 years (I'm spanish, you might know that here there isn't many fans of alice), this album it's very poor. The music, the lyrics, the production, etc.
Remember the coop!!!!!!!!!
lon coopfire

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:25 pm

lon coopfire wrote:
steven15322 wrote:Prob would have been a better idea if everyone had kept their opinions to themselves until the album actually was out since many are waiting to hear the album then.
Alone came a spider it's a good ambum for the new company: very fresh, very modern, very heavy... They have a good album to sell to the young generation.
I disagree. I really don't see any non-Alice fans sitting through this album.

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:26 pm

When I get the album I will put out the light and lay down in the dark of night and play it loud. I'll come back and let you know what I think when I've heard it!

D
"You trade your soul for another taste....."

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 pm

alicespoisonuk wrote:When I get the album I will put out the light and lay down in the dark of night and play it loud. I'll come back and let you know what I think when I've heard it!

D
Music is best experienced in the dark. You hear a lot more that way.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:50 pm

I've heard the album myself...

I think it's great. Its not as heavy as people are making it out to be. Its a hell of a lot more classic rock than people think. The guitar riffs are kinda AC/DC ish. I think there is a bit on there for everyone.

I think that this album is a fantastic attempt of finding a classic Rock type of sound while retaining a modern vibe.

More then once I thought of the beatles on Salvation, with the stringed section.

I honestly think that this will be a sleeper hit for us fans.

What I love the most about Alice is that he sings about stuff that people aren't supposed to sing about.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 pm

When I said that about everyone I meant myself included too ::((: