For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Pre-ordering overcharge?

Post by MacQueen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:57 pm

Amazon is great and all, but there's no way I'm going to shell out $24.99 for an album that hasn't been released yet. Amazon is selling it for $12.99 plus an added charge of $11.99 for shipping and handling and one small surcharge of $2.99 for delivery fee.

So instead of going through that route I ordered my copy from Barnes and Noble.com and got the album pre-ordered with a shipping fee that was reasonable. My total for everything was $18.00 and some change. :evil:

Don't get me wrong, I love amazon, but a shipping and handling charge that's almost the price of the album itself is just wrong.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Confused. You're profile says your in scotland (scots flag). So it would be £8.98 for the CD and about £1.50 for 1st class postage.

If you are in the USA it's $12.99 plus shipping which appears to be $6.99 for next working day. That's what I'm being quoted anyway.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:07 pm

In the US I combined it with an existing order (Shine A Light BluRay) to go over $25 total and got free shipping.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Si wrote:Confused. You're profile says your in scotland (scots flag). So it would be £8.98 for the CD and about £1.50 for 1st class postage.

If you are in the USA it's $12.99 plus shipping which appears to be $6.99 for next working day. That's what I'm being quoted anyway.
I can explain that.

I've been in 'The States' since June and currently residing in Washington State. I'll be attending the University of Washington to for a few comparative law classes and an applied sociology class, in the fall.

So since I'll be across the pond for the new Alice album why not get it here instead of ordering it back home when it'll be around Christmas when I'll have a chance to come home again.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Fair enough. Still you do seem to be being charged too much going on what it was quoting me, and as JJ reiterated above, add something to the order (vinyl version?) and get free shipping! Win Win :)