For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Quality Control at SPV-USA?

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Not sure what's going on.. my main complaint is about the Amazon U.S. listing.

It's up, but it appears to be running on an outdated tracklisting, and rather crappy product descript (as I mentioned in the other thread, why couldn't they have just used the same thing as the AmazonUK info?).. and now to top it all off, they somehow have the ACAS LP as having "Blackmore's Night" as the artist rather than Alice Cooper?!?

I made a note on the SPV Facebook page, to which it was just deleted.

The tracklisting issue was brought up two weeks ago to them, they replied along the longs of "We'll get on that and it will be updated shortly" to which it wasn't.

On top of that, it appears that perhaps the LP is just a 12" Vinyl and not a 2 LP edition. So will that info be updated or will it continue to be incorrect as well?

Sorry, but it seems rather sloppy on that end, as well as mis informative and I'm a little disappointed in that. I hope their promotion (whatever THAT may be) is far better than quality control.

Seems like a small thing, but this is the primary source of online orders and it does matter to have correct info.

Feel free to send them a quick message on their Myspace letting them know of the appropriate info about THEIR OWN product and urging them to correct it.
Me = Winning

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow, I never realized any of that.I really hope they get on all of this as soon as possible, cause it isn't going to help them or Alice.

Thanks for sharing WYM.I'll be sending them a message.

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Dude, I don't think Album being listed as Blackmore's Night or a 12" Vinyl has much to do with SPV......Just recently Joe Satriani came out with a new CD and Amazon listed it as being by Whitesnake and I don't thing Whitesnake would EVER come out with a CD called "Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock," Amazon also gave it the track listing from Paul Gilbert's album "Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar".......So, every once and awhile US amazon screws stuff up on artists like Alice who have been around for awhile and don't come out with top 10 albums every year.

BTW they also had Jim Carrey in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Prince Alice wrote:Dude, I don't think Album being listed as Blackmore's Night or a 12" Vinyl has much to do with SPV......
It's been my experience in the past that the record labels are generally in charge of this. SPV even said they would "update" their own info on Amazon two weeks ago and haven't yet. I remember New West discussing listing "Dirty Diamonds" as well. So even though Alice hasn't had "top charting" albums on there for years isn't likely to be a factor when it's a matter of having correct info and listing it by whomever, not magical forces of the universe.
Me = Winning

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Prince Alice wrote:Dude, I don't think Album being listed as Blackmore's Night or a 12" Vinyl has much to do with SPV......Just recently Joe Satriani came out with a new CD and Amazon listed it as being by Whitesnake and I don't think Whitesnake would EVER come out with a CD called "Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock," Amazon also gave it the track listing from Paul Gilbert's album "Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar".......So, every once and awhile US amazon screws stuff up on artists like Alice who have been around for awhile and don't come out with top 10 albums every year.

BTW they also had Jim Carrey in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:05 pm

Okay???
Me = Winning

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:07 pm

It left him speechless.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:42 am

BTW, management have now been made aware of this and am told they will be notifying all parties, hopefully resulting in this stuff getting corrected. Here's to hoping!
Me = Winning

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:53 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Okay???

Sorry, about that I thought I hit the edit button, because I had spelled "think" wrong.....But I hit quote :smack:, sorry nothing meant by it!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:34 am

You guys should be happy to know now that somehow by a mysterious force in the universe... the "Along Came A Spider" CD can now be packaged not with the Along Came A Spider LP.. but "Blackmore Knight's Secret Voyage" (an SPV/Steamhammer release BTW.) According to that, that's what the customers were buying with the ACAS CD! That's right, not the LP!

On top of that, somehow the LP listing (yes it still exists) now longer has the LP album cover!

The only thing I can think of is SPV started a listing for Alice by editing a Blackmore's Night album listing or vice versa or something similar.

I hope that mysteriously a bunch of people just didn't order the ACAS LP only to get a "Blackmore's Night" album instead (no offense to Ritchie Blackmore or anything!)
Me = Winning

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:04 am

maybe its the Blackmore's Night/Alice Cooper American Tour 2008 and they are just doing promos for it
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:12 am

Makes sense, Alice does need a huge name to bring in the huge crowds.
Me = Winning