Vengeance Is Mine!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:06 am

As much as I'm looking forward to the new album - I really don't like the new track at all. The crazy ass guitar soloing is annoying and the lyrics are - well, kind of predictable. I've been a fan of Alice since I was in grade school and "From the Inside" came out. I've faithfully followed him through all his stylistic turns and plan on picking up the new CD when it gets released. I do however, believe in speaking honestly. I was hoping for something more original in terms of concept. Alice is a clever guy and I believe he's selling himself short by tring to make another slasher/metal album. I know. I'm mean..

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 am

No More Mr. Nice Guy, 18, Schools Out, Under My Wheels, Poison - Funny how his most popular songs are not slasher anthems.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:No More Mr. Nice Guy, 18, Schools Out, Under My Wheels, Poison - Funny how his most popular songs are not slasher anthems.
Not funny at all. Makes perfect sense. The songs with more universal themes like School's Out and Eighteen are much more likely to have mainstream appeal and be hits.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:44 pm

I'm Pain wrote:I was hoping for something more original in terms of concept. Alice is a clever guy and I believe he's selling himself short by tring to make another slasher/metal album. I know. I'm mean..
You may still get something original, it's only one song taken from a concept.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Loomis wrote:Well Halloween is my very favorite holiday. I celebrate it all month long by watching horror movies, and listening to the darker Alice albums, Van Helsing's Curse etc. I only listen to these albums then, so the month retains that special vibe. I do listen to Alice throughout the year. I just reserve Killer, BDB, WTMN, TLT, BP, DT and Freedom for Frankenstein for October. And ACAS will most likely become part of that rotation. It also prevents me from getting burned out on these albums too.

Does that explains it at all?

And yes I know I am strange.
I've been listening to Alice for almost 22 years (I can honestly say I probably have listened to something of his almost every day of those years) and I'm still not burned out.

Strange? Hell, we're all strange. After all, we're Alice fans, right?
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm

"Not funny at all. Makes perfect sense. The songs with more universal themes like School's Out and Eighteen are much more likely to have mainstream appeal and be hits."
Does that mean you don't see Vengeance Is Mine being used to sell Mastercard next year? The way the economy is going it is more likely that people will be slashing their credit cards, LOL!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!