ACAS Track Available NOW

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Remember guys, if you have a Myspace you can add this song to your profile by simply clicking the "Add" link within the track on their player!
Yeah...I'm glad you can do this without having to listen to it....still holding out! :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:48 pm

:) If I had to rate it, I probably would give it 8. I don't think it will be the best song on the new album. I think Lost in America comparisons are really good. This is just a small slice from new album which based on what Alice has said will be very varied. There will be ballads, spooky songs and rockers. By the way Alice rarely releases his most epic material as a single. I don't think Ozzy Osbourne's latest single I don't wanna stop is the best song on entire Black rain album or Nostradamus and Visions are the best songs on Judas priest's Nostradamus album. The fact it is single doesn't mean it is the best song on the album. I love the guitars on this song. Without shredding this would be a bad song actually. It isn't A grade material. I think it could have been a little better with somekind of a slow melodic pre-chorus section.

Anyway I like the fact the new material will be darker and more adventurous. And I am also glad the guitar solos are back. After all Vengeance is mine is a pretty good song.

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Give in to the DARK SIDE....

And the lyric is "To forgive is Divine. but Vengeance is mine."

Sick Adding this song to my YOUTUBE teaser video right now...

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Ok I'm home from work and had a taste ..

I don't think I ever didn't enjoy a first listen with Alice, it's such a thrill to hear a new song and slowly immerse yourself in it. My first "new" album was The Last Temptation and I always loved every new one at first listen. Once things set down I can be more critical, but I am too happy to hear new material in a first contact.

So what is my first impression? It's from the crappy mp3 file on MySpace, I will listen to it again on the site as someone recommended.

I find it sublty different from other albums, there's something in the phrasing that's "off" (for lack of a better word) I mean that in a good way, it's just slightly off synch from the music, this gives an impression of oddness and is disturbing in a way that suits the character.
I love how Alice's voice is more drawl than snarl (as much as I adore the snarl too) it's a new character and he needs a slightly different persona.

More when I listen to it again, possibly... Just to end this first impression post : the thing I love most about Alice's singing is his amazing phrasing, no one can beat him in that aspect. He's the master and I hope that this album proves it once again. Sure starts well.

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:45 pm

does anyone have an mp3 of this that they recorded from alicecooper.com

I know people in an alice tribute band and they might be interested in learning the new song already
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:57 pm

I LOVE IT ! :clap:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:06 pm

I can see why people are comparing this new song to something that could have been on Brutal Planet or Dragontown, but I think it has a touch of the old school Alice about it too, even a bit of 1980's metal Alice.

Pleased Slash has been given his head on the track, gives it a classic rock feel even though the song is more metal than classic rock.

I think this album will be a grower as I'm sure more thought has gone into it than into the other Alice albums of this century, and that is no bad thing.

When I first heard Welcome To My Nightmare I didn't like it at first, I guess because it was different to what had gone before - harder to get into as it was more complex musically, but it went on to be my all time favourite album.

Along Came A Spider is going to creep up on us all!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Looking forward to hearing the whole record. I thought this song was average...nothing special.

Don't get me wrong there are a few things about it that I truely dig, it seems like Alice is thinking outside the box as far as song styles go...and I think thats exactly what he needs to do.

I may not have been blown away from 'Vengence is Mine' but I remain very optimistic about this record.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Love the song and the guitars. I can't wait to hear it live. Keri should have fun with it!!!

So will this be the set-up song for the revenge theatrics that follow?

Any hope to hear a few of these new gems in 2007? Might be worth traveling for.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 pm

I can't believe how much I'm agreeing with most of the comments on here....it's gotta be a first :grin:

I listened a couple of more times and I don't think it's lyrically the best song, a little repetative and quircky in its rhyme (reminds me a bit of "Deeper" in that respect.

Musically I'm liking it pretty good ............ BTW I love the term "noodling" :laugh:.
I really have high hopes for this album.

Has anyone ever noticed that Alice comes up with his best material when he has something tramatic or life changing going on. I hope this album doesn't need that introspection requirement because It appears things are going grand for him at the moment.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:?

Any hope to hear a few of these new gems in 2007? Might be worth traveling for.

Hmmmmmm, I'm gonna go with zero hope on that. However...your chances for 2008 are probably a little higher! ;) :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

hannu30
Trash
Trash

Post by hannu30 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:52 am

Don't like the track, not at all. THe song "Vengeance is mine" by Iced Earth is much better. :grin:

But I DO love Slash in this.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:
Any hope to hear a few of these new gems in 2007?
Is he going to play the new songs in 2007???
Only if he incorporates a time-travelling machine into the show.....is my guess. :laugh:
Although, maybe he'll play a new song in 2008..... ;)

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Y'all are too funny. Typing quickly is not one of my strengths.

So who wants to hop in my time machine to celebrate New Year's Eve again on the B$B tour with ZZ Top as the opener in Buffalo, NY?

The real question is should I blow a couple grand for a weekend in Vegas in September? Some new songs might make me do it.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:59 pm

from 2:36 till about 3:13 gives me exactly that what I hoped to hear on this album,
great guitar all over the song by the way

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:37 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Y'all are too funny. Typing quickly is not one of my strengths.

So who wants to hop in my time machine to celebrate New Year's Eve again on the B$B tour with ZZ Top as the opener in Buffalo, NY?
Yes, we knew it was just a typo but we can't let such things pass....we're a comedic group. :)

I would love to time-travel back to the Billion Dollar Babies or Killer shows.....which makes me think of starting a new thread.....

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:05 pm

WOW! Good to hear something new. It's a bit more harder and aggressive sounding than anything on "Dirty Diamonds" or "The Eyes...". Looking foward to hearing the whole album. Soon, soon, soon!
"Same as always, different as ever"

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Hmmm For what its worth here s my 2 cents

Way way to much guitar noodelin , and the structure is very same ol same thing been there done that .

Reminds me of the metalish stuff the coop was doing in the 80s mixed with brutal planet . Nothing realy new to my ears and to tell ya the truth fairly boring predictable stuff .

But knowing the coop there will be a good mix that will make me happy .

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 pm

criss wrote:Hmmm For what its worth here s my 2 cents

Way way to much guitar noodelin , and the structure is very same ol same thing been there done that .

Reminds me of the metalish stuff the coop was doing in the 80s mixed with brutal planet . Nothing realy new to my ears and to tell ya the truth fairly boring predictable stuff .

But knowing the coop there will be a good mix that will make me happy .
lets hope so.

as i posted before its very much like dragontown. didnt like that much. but lets hear the whole album first.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Silly naysayers, your lack of faith will come back to haunt you.