For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:53 am

It sounds FANtastic!!!

If its length is representive of the other songs on the album, it will be about 50 minutes of music. Of course there will probably be songs a minute or so shorter.

Those who think it is Kane Robertsish, compare it next to crawlin' on the same page. It's not even close.

This is going to be AWESOME!!!

:alice: woo hoo :clap:
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 am

I have listened to it several times so far and if this is anyway the way the album is going to go then IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! I am more then ever looking forward to this album ....Counting the days.

Wicked Little Lady
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Wicked Little Lady » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 am

oooooh I want listen again and again and again.... alas it appears that I dont have a download option so I can shove it in the MP3 player. ::((:

I liked the guitar though it is a bit in the forefront of the song. I do hope the rest of the album is as good and now am more anxiously awaiting than ever no have a nice shiney disc in the player. Keep making more music please Mr. Alice . :alice:
Worship the ground you walk on

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:50 am

any way to convert it to a windows media file/mp3 file so I can add it to my mp3 player?

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 am

It's better and better everytime I hear it :laugh:
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:47 am

Ok....I listened to it for the first time....only once.....my initial impression.....good but not great.

I actually liked the fact that Slash is slashing it. Some of my critisism of some of Alices music in the past is the fact that he does not allow the band members to play more within songs (ie every bit of the song has to be filled with lyrics).

That being said the song to me doesn't have enough vocal variety. I love when Alice changes vocal styles multiple times within a song. He does this to a certain extent in the middle of the song.

I do like the heavyness of the lyrical content as well as the hard rock style. I do think it is a bit like Dragontown........which I absolutely love. I am looking forward to this album even more because of "Vengence is Mine".
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 am

Well, I must say I really enjoyed that song, much more so on repeat listens. I wonder if this will be the first single/video?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 am

Remember guys, if you have a Myspace you can add this song to your profile by simply clicking the "Add" link within the track on their player!
Me = Winning

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:49 am

Well I will listen to it when I come home from work. I listened to the beginning, but it's early in the morning and I want to be wide awake to appreciate this. Not to mention that having to go to work afterwards would kill the joy. Now I have one more reason to be impatient for the evening to be here.

It's like a good wine, you want to take your time and swirl it around to get the maximum pleasure and flavour.

It's alway so exciting to hear a new song :laugh:

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:44 am

This is BRILLIANT!

After that totally throw away Dirty Diamonds ditty, which I found so un-Alice like and unbearable to listen to.........................

'Vegeance is Mine' is thankfully a return to a more familiar Alice (to me), and I just hope hope hope that the rest is in the same vein.

Slash remains a God too! :clap:
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

phiit
Trash
Trash

Post by phiit » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:51 am

Just woke up and listening to the song for the 2nd time and I absolutely love it! :clap: This sounds more like the Alice I grew up with listening to :alice: And what goes to Slash, he's great as usual, you don't get enough good guitar playing these days anyway

nurofeg
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nurofeg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 am

be patience, I think that they don't put the best song on album to listen it. This is good Alice song.
Surfing, like surfing. I'm looked and I'm searching.
I've fallen out right into the net!

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 am

nurofeg wrote:be patience, I think that they don't put the best song on album to listen it. This is good Alice song.
Well if thats the case, then we really are in for a big treat! :rotfl:
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:09 am

I've not listened to it yet. I wanna try and resist temptation and wait for the album....

...a month down the line.

...ah who am I kidding?!

phiit
Trash
Trash

Post by phiit » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:53 am

Voodoo Revolution wrote:
...ah who am I kidding?!
ha ha :laugh: that's the spirit!

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 am

OK. I've listened to it there just a few minutes ago. I've still got high hopes for the album after hearing it.

I'll reserve judgements until i hear the album from start to finish. Because it's a concept album, it'd be kinda wierd rating "Vengeance..." when heard out of context.

Bring on Spider!

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:56 am

I couldn't resist the temptation. Loving it, really can't wait for the album now!
Flesh fanatic psychopath

tragic_poet79
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by tragic_poet79 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:42 pm

I wasn't going to listen, but within a minute of Noods calling to tell me it was up on Myspace, I had it on! And I love it! It's very Dragontown, which I think is great. I don't think the guitar takes over at all, I think it sounds awesome. I can't wait for the rest of the album!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sleepin don't come very easy, In a straight white vest.

NoneeLlama
Killer
Killer

Post by NoneeLlama » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Voodoo Revolution wrote:I'll reserve judgements until i hear the album from start to finish. Because it's a concept album, it'd be kinda wierd rating "Vengeance..." when heard out of context.
Yeah, like who would think that The Last Temptation is such a good album after hearing Lost In America? (I'm not saying that Lost In America is a bad song, but it doesn't represent that the album is more serious than Trash or Hey Stoopid, in my opinion of course)
To Stamp... To Kick... To Spit... That's what a good llama does!

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:20 pm

NoneeLlama wrote:
Voodoo Revolution wrote:I'll reserve judgements until i hear the album from start to finish. Because it's a concept album, it'd be kinda wierd rating "Vengeance..." when heard out of context.
Yeah, like who would think that The Last Temptation is such a good album after hearing Lost In America? (I'm not saying that Lost In America is a bad song, but it doesn't represent that the album is more serious than Trash or Hey Stoopid, in my opinion of course)
Yes, both good points. Context within the album is very important. I was and am not that big of a fan of "Lost In America" but TLT is one album that I play ALOT. "Lost In America" .... is similar to "Vengence is Mine" in that the lyrics seem a bit simplistic. Hope the rest of the album is more complicated.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"