For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Along came a Spider tour

Post by tim10cc » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:06 pm

I am pumped up for a new Alice Album...and a NEW tour!!!

I do mean NEW TOUR.....

for the past 5 years it feels like the tour hasn't changed much...sure there were a few bonuses from each tour....but I hope this setlist is a bit more creative than it was in the past.

I wish the following on the new tour

Devils food/Black widow with the Vincent Price Intro

Some stuff in Alice territory that hasn't been touched or played with for a while

these classics would be nice: My stars, Working up a sweat, Hard hearted Alice, Long way to go, Hallowed be my name

Other songs: Wish you were here, Wake me gently, The inmates, The quiet room

Obscure stuff: Make that money, Tag your it, Clones, Former Lee, Generation landslide 81 style

More later material from Last temptation on up..... Lulaby, Sideshow, Brutal Planet (complete song) Detroit city, Man of the year, Sunset Babies, Is anyone home

if Alice does other peoples songs what about his version of Spirits "I got a line on you"

I saw Alice Last year on the Heaven & Hell tour...and he was an opener and the whole thing just felt rushed and the setlist wasnt that exciting....

ALSO: I know its almost impossible for Alice to drop Schools out ..18 & Billion Dollar babies...but ...I think its time to retire the song "Poison"..."Only women bleed" and replace them with others..that would spice up the tour a bit.

I think the Hardcore Alice fans deserve a set list like this...

Tim
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:04 pm

Well I hate to tell you this, but the tour that starts this summer is NOT the Along Came A Spider tour but a continuation of the Psycho Drama Tour. The ACAS tour starts in 2009. He may throw in a couple of songs or something from the new album but the TRUE tour starts in 2009.

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:20 pm

I don't think he could ever retire Poison.It was just too big of a hit.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 pm

lattss wrote:I don't think he could ever retire Poison.It was just too big of a hit.
Plus it always fun to see all the guys raising their hands when Alice says, "Raise your hands if your poison."
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:36 pm

I want to hear songs from the From the Inside, Hey Stoopid, Last Temptation, Brutal Planet, Eyes and Dirty and from the New album, and I don't want to hear Only Women, Is it my Body, Be my Lover, Lost in America and the Devils food/Black widow solo...I love this songs, but Alice has 25 albums. It is irreal, that he plays 4-5 songs from one album. 2-3 from Love it to death/Billion/Welcome is enough...I think
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:54 pm

And, as it has been pointed out often, Alice Cooper is partly an "oldies act". Alice's hardcore fans will show up no matter what songs he selects.....but advertising and performing obscure (for most people) songs from DaDa, Hey Stoopid, Last Temptation, etc., will not bring in the casual fans or the curious.

On a side note....has anyone heard if AC is trying to get sponsors for next years ACAS tour? Might I suggest Raid, or some other bug spray? ;)

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Really strange that Alice has a new cd coming out but the tour is not in support of it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 pm

>Really strange that Alice has a new cd coming out but the tour is not in support of it.

You must have missed the long discussion at:
viewtopic.php?t=3980&start=0

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:45 pm

I hope that was a joke revinkevin!!!
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Really strange that Alice has a new cd coming out but the tour is not in support of it.

You must have missed the long discussion at:
viewtopic.php?t=3980&start=0
Sorry. I just laughed out loud here. :grin:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...