SPV MYSPACE SITE

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

applebush

SPV MYSPACE SITE

Post by applebush » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:17 am

Apologies if this has been already posted.
This is taken directly from SPV Myspace site!

' Alice Cooper's Serial Killer Spider Comes Along – July 29

There are only a handful of rock artists that have proven to be as enduring and influential as Alice Cooper has over the years. Name just about any hard rock artist, and they’ve probably borrowed a thing or two from Alice. And on his latest studio recording, ‘Along Came A Spider’ (issued via SPV Records on July 29), Alice has returned with a concept album with a sinister streak.

‘A dark and menacing album for dark and menacing times’ is perhaps the most fitting description for Alice’s 25th studio album overall, as a chilling conceptual thread runs through the songs, which are told through the voice of a serial killer named Spider - one that Alice describes as “an arachnophobic psychopath” (in the song “Catch Me If You Can”). Alice, the master storyteller, weaves a web of danger, intrigue and death that rivals his best work.

Co-produced by Danny Saber, Greg Hampton and Alice himself, ‘Along Came A Spider’ manages to marry both vintage and modern day Alice. As theatrical as ever, the album is a sonic combination of familiar Alice musical elements from albums as diverse as ‘Billion Dollar Babies’ and ‘Brutal Planet,' with the storytelling of "Welcome To My Nightmare," capturing the historic dark side of Alice in peak form, an instantly recognizable presence that will be welcomed by his fans. Joining Alice on the album are members of his touring band - longtime Alice drummer Eric Singer, bassist Chuck Garric, and guitarists Keri Kelli and Jason Hook, with additional contributions from others, including Saber, Hampton, and renowned backing vocalist Bernard Fowler.

Saber and Hampton co-wrote several of the album's songs with Alice, while others were collaborations with Alice's band members. Danny Saber, best known for his role as member and producer of Black Grape, has also worked with many other artists, including the Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne, and David Bowie, while Greg Hampton's been working on a new album project teaming up Buckethead and Bootsy Collins.

Who else but Alice Cooper, with ‘Along Came A Spider,' would create a "love story" about a serial killer named Spider? His trademark is wrapping his victims in silk, and his victims are specifically chosen to feed his hunger to kill. But, upon meeting his (possibly) last victim, he falls in love with her and cannot kill to complete his plan. That could be his demise.

Though it is often said about artists with as rich a history as Alice that their newest albums capture the essence of their greatest work, it may honestly be proposed that ‘Along Came A Spider’ does exactly that. It's got hard rock with hooks, an Alice trademark (“Vengeance is Mine,” “I Know Where You Live”), classic balladry, another Alice trademark (“Killed by Love,” “Salvation”), and always with an overtone of evil, yet another Alice tradmark. Throughout the album, Alice BECOMES Spider, telling the story of a cold-blooded killer to life vocally, as if this were the soundtrack to an as-yet unmade horror film.

Ozzy Osbourne lends some harmonica work on a track he co-wrote, “Wake the Dead," and Slash lends some guitar style to "Vengeance Is Mine."

Before such theatrical rockers as David Bowie, the New York Dolls, Kiss, Slipknot, Rob Zombie, and Marilyn Manson, there was Alice Cooper. The original Alice Cooper group quickly became despised by adults and authority figures, while being idolized by teens and rock fans everywhere, on the strength of a succession of all-time classic albums ('Love It to Death,’ ‘Killer,’ ‘School’s Out,’ ‘Billion Dollar Babies,’ etc.) and anthems (“I’m Eighteen,” “Under My Wheels,” “School’s Out,” "Elected," “No More Mr. Nice Guy,” etc.). Alice had continued success as a solo artist, releasing successful albums like ‘Welcome To My Nightmare' and 'Trash,' featuring classic hits such as "Only Women Bleed," "I Never Cry," and "Poison." All one has to do is look at the many other artists that have covered Alice to understand how far reaching his influence is – the list is endless -- or just keep in mind that Johnny Rotten auditioned for the Sex Pistols to the tune of "I'm Eighteen.

Track Listing:
1. Prologue/I Know Where You Live
2. Vengeance Is Mine
3. Wake The Dead
4. Catch Me If You Can
5. (In Touch With) Your Feminine Side
6. Wrapped In Silk
7. Killed By Love
8. Hungry
9. The One That Got Away
10. Salvation
11. I Am The Spider/Epilogue '

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:52 am

"...............................
You things are paradise
You whet my appetite"

Nice!
:alice:
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:01 am

a prologue and epilogue-that's interesting.and yet another running order! aye!

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:30 am

Cool, thanks for that. Can you link us please? I wanna post it on facebook.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:02 pm

I just posted the press release on my Myspace page as a new blog entry and placed it in my "music" section of that site. Going to add it to my Facebook page as well....the press release sounds FANTASTIC
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:39 pm

I found a nice video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8M_xxjoc3Q

not Alice, but another SPV artist :laugh: and another serial killer
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Scandal2000

Post by Scandal2000 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:00 pm

I must say it seems like this album is getting a little more hype than the last two. I thought New West did a terrible job with Dirty Diamonds. Hopefully they can figure out a way to get a little bit of airplay.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:04 am

The new albums sounding better and better by the minute, roll on july! :clap:
Flesh fanatic psychopath

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 am

Two ballads. Not happy about that.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:45 pm

"arachnophobic"? :-/
arachnophiliac, surely??
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:21 pm

The original sounds right as far as I can tell.
Me = Winning

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 am

killer wolf wrote:"arachnophobic"? :-/
arachnophiliac, surely??
Didn't think about that before you mentioned it but arachnophiliac seems more logical. Arachnophobic would mean he's afraid of spiders.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:45 am

Oh, I see that now. Hmm.
Me = Winning

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:35 pm

according to dictionary.com there's no such word as arachnophiliac . Maybe the spider is exercising his frustration or fear or spiders by murder and building the one thing that makes him feel closer to death ... a giant spider.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 pm

no doubt the album itself will clear it all up.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:52 am

revinkevin wrote:Two ballads. Not happy about that.
I am!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Same here. Ballads? No problem with the slower tunes at all.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...