10%
Awful
3%

Total votes: 62

MrDemeaonor
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MrDemeaonor » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:10 pm

I think it's a good album. Not very good and certainly not classic. If you took the really good songs from "eyes" and the really good songs form this one, yould have one really good album.
Now he wants to live here...there goes the neighborhood

MovieDemon
Trash
Trash

Post by MovieDemon » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:37 pm

I am a big ALICE COOPER fan - hell, that's why we're all here. I, for one, have always been partial to 70s Alice. Though, in the 80s, I did love "Da Da" and "Raise Your Fist And Yell". And in the 90s, he gave us the entertaining "Hey Stoopid" and the excellent "The Last Temptation". "Brutal Planet" was OK but I did enjoy "Dragontown" but was disappointed by the lackluster effort of 'Eyes'. Now, it's 2005 and Alice has delivered - IMO - his best album since "The Last Temptation".

"Dirty Diamonds" is - in my eyes - a 'very good' album.

Shoesalesman

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 am

Over the last week I've been listening to DD like a madman, to the point where the spouse leaves the room when I head for the CD player. Unlike EYES, DD came on strong right from the beginning. I love this freakin' album!!!

Having said this, however, I feel the last few songs make the album a bit weak at the end. I love Your Own Worst Enemy and Zombie Dance, but the pace takes a wonky turn before Stand brings it back on track.

Overall, my favorite Alice release since Brutal Planet. And maybe Constrictor. ::x: Oh boy, here we go!!!

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Enjoyable album, something for everyone. I like the way at the hint of 007 theme and good to hear the old harmonica back in play. I can't pigeon hole this yet, still playing it too death. Jesse Jane is Brilliant. :blues:

FREEZIN
Trash
Trash

Post by FREEZIN » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:00 am

What happened..?? Can anyone tell me... I was listening to Alice Coopers new album, and everything was going great. The songs all started out really well, but the further I got into the album, the more I started the songs... Is it just me? Has my musical taste switched so fast that the first few songs were good, then the rest sucked, just because my brain says so... Or is Alice really not producing his normal quality songs?

Well, I've listened to the album a few times, and my opinion is still the same. There are definately some awesome tracks in here, but unfortunately there are some really, well, not so good tracks mixed in. I don't know why... Alice obviously still has it in him to write amazing songs. Every album is proof of that. Is he just getting bored of it after a few songs, then just slapping things together? Well, I honestly don't think that is the case. Esspecially for this album. I think Alice just got a little carried away with his crazy experiments. And everyone has seen a scene on TV or in a movie when the wrong mixture of chemicals goes kah-boom! I think this was the case for DD, is Alice got a little brave with his experiments, and not all of them worked out safe.

Keep up the good work Alice... I definately love most of your music, and I know there's always going to be some musical deamons for you to conqure with new songs. Play it as hard and loud as you can, until you can't anymore... You've inspired millions, if not billions..!

Concious Sedation
Jon
(A "famous" singer from a "famous" band)

Edited By FREEZIN on 1124413186
theSICKESTthing

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:31 pm

Now that I've had a few weeks to listen to this album, I'm liking it more and more. As a whole, I like it better than "The Eyes..." and "Dragontown".

Weird little thing I noticed (as I'm sure everyone has) in the booklet. Eric Singer's picture is with the rest of the guys but it's Tommy Clufetos playing on the album. Eric is on this tour but it's strange that Tommy's picture wasn't in there.

Edited By Jay on 1124580958
All of the above is just my opinion.

Coop.rus
Trash
Trash

Post by Coop.rus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:53 am

I've been enjoying the album a lot since I got it. Very fresh and differs from The Eyes... I liked the way the musicians sound and the voice is as good as it has been expected to be. Humour of Alice is once again outstanding as well as his all-uh-merican attitude which just totally rocks the whole dozen of these little delicious diamonds. I vote classic. But I was thinking - is it possible to rate any other album lower than this? I don't know - it may sound different like DaDa from Welcome To My Nightmare or ay other album but it still will be wonderful journey down the avenues of Cooper's talent. But again - this one is definately a must have. He can be proud of himself. The only thing that was missing....for me....was Eric Dover. But oh, well....I am glad I have heard this album. Cheers. Too bad we were not delighted by the organisers that haven't invited the band to play in Russia.

Edited By Coop.rus on 1124704557
oh, hello, the mystery of "O"

miss axle rod
Trash
Trash

Post by miss axle rod » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:39 am

I have been waiting 30 years to hear this "hard/rock" album! We thought his last true Hard rock lp was "Killer"! The horns and instrumental on School's Out drove a nail in our hard rock coffin! Yes there were glimpses of the past with Elected, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Guilty, Feed My Frankenstein and Hey Stupid, but never a full LP of hard rock songs! There are the ballads and the Aka Frank Zappa style Ballad Of Jesse Jane also on this Lp! He's the best "Hard-Rock" singer in the business and Alice proves it on this album! He's got that growl and sneer in his voice like on "Killer" He's also written his best "Pop song" with "Perfect!" There are at least 7 hard rock anthems on this album and they sound even better on a volume of 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

80-1125347160

Post by 80-1125347160 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:40 pm

Dirty Diamonds is a good record. Not a classic, but a good one. Alice is coasting a bit on this one and rehashing some of the concepts that have worked for him in the past.( babies and desperado's ) and that could infuriate a few old timers. But when I saw him on 8/28 with my son ( his first show ever ) the songs that I thought were just OK on the CD came off brilliantly live.
I wish he would just get with Dick Wagner ( rumored to be happening ) and try and rekindle that songwriting spark.
That long awaited reunion would more than certainly produce
a new classic for all to embrace...

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:09 pm

[quote]rehashing some of the concepts that have worked for him in the past.( babies and desperado's )[/link]
Could you explain how you see 'Sunset Babies' (about Paris Hilton et al) is rehashnig 'Dead Babies' (about child abuse) or 'Desperado' (about Jim Morrison/Western gunflighers) is a rehashed in, I assume, 'The Saga Of Jesse Jane' (a comedy about a cross dressing truck driver).
Apologies if this wasn't what you meant.

80-1125347160

Post by 80-1125347160 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:44 pm

Si wrote:
rehashing some of the concepts that have worked for him in the past.( babies and desperado's )[/link]
Could you explain how you see 'Sunset Babies' (about Paris Hilton et al) is rehashnig 'Dead Babies' (about child abuse) or 'Desperado' (about Jim Morrison/Western gunflighers) is a rehashed in, I assume, 'The Saga Of Jesse Jane' (a comedy about a cross dressing truck driver).
Apologies if this wasn't what you meant.

If you picked out the exact songs ( Sunset Babies and Jesse ) that I was referring to then you feel the same way.....kinda.
Done get mad at me I'm 47 and have followed, promoted, reviewed Alice since '71 when I first heard of him. DD is a good album just a bit lazy on the lyric and the music is rockingly uninspired...Nowhere on LITD, Killer, School's Out, B$B,WTMN does a celebrity name drop appear in the lyric. This is a good thing as it adds another worldly mystique and air about the song. As soon "J-Lo" is dropped it becomes as bad ( and more importantly overdone ) as when Jenny from the block did it herself. It's just my opinion and as I stated before I love Alice. And because I love him, is the exact reason that I won't "Emperor's New Clothes" him either !

Edited By Parish on 1125579616

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:29 pm

Sorry.. I still don`t get how those songs are repeating old ideas...
I don`t see any connection between them except the word Babies in one and the fact that the other two have a vague western theme :(

MrDemeaonor
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MrDemeaonor » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:40 pm

I know this means absolutely nothing...but... I think Alice used the word "baby" or "babies" more on this album than all previous albums combined. That includes the word "baby" prededed by the word "dead" or the phrase "billion dollar". Just goes to show when all else fails toss in a few "babies". :laugh:
Now he wants to live here...there goes the neighborhood

80-1125347160

Post by 80-1125347160 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:44 pm

Si wrote:Sorry.. I still don`t get how those songs are repeating old ideas...
I don`t see any connection between them except the word Babies in one and the fact that the other two have a vague western theme :(
Right but if Bon Jovi released another western themed song folks would say that they were trying to duplicate the success of " Dead or Alive". The word "babies" sung as only Alice can just reminds me of B$B everytime. Just as with "High School and Old School" seems like he's trying to re-do "School's Out" with today's sound.
Hey I could be too close to the subject and it could be warping my opinions. I just love Alice to death and would love to see him on the top of the charts one more time...

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:25 pm

Half of this album IS Alice and the other half is a grab bag. However it is slightly better than Eyes, I just wish it wasn't so Stones and AC/DC heavy and more tradfitional Alice instead.

I really don't know about this album, after a month it's still a complete mystery to me. It's too light and trendy at times and at others it's like Alice doesn't want to try anymore.

Erg, I really dislike it when Alice makes these somewhere in the middle albums. lol. A good album Dirty Diamonds may be, but a classic it defenately is not.

80-1125347160

Post by 80-1125347160 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:50 pm

Splinter Cell wrote:
Erg, I really dislike it when Alice makes these somewhere in the middle albums. lol. A good album Dirty Diamonds may be, but a classic it defenately is not.

Exactly....and to use golfing terms, he bogied this one...its rough for his fans to digest and I'm reviewing this in a fairway!

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:02 pm

Nice anology :rock:

Shoesalesman

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:38 am

It's been a month and a bit since DD was released, and I still think the album smokes!!!

It seems every few weeks I have a new favorite song from the album. The only songs that I still feel are "average" are Six Hours and Zombie Dance. That's pretty well all that hasn't changed.