10%
Awful
3%

Total votes: 62

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:27 pm

This album should have stayed in Europe.

Without a doubt Dirty Diamonds is a bona fide piece of shit. It's appearant that Alice is trying to sell out not only to Europe but to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame as well. This has to be Alice's worst effort in 28 years. It makes Lace And Whiskey AND The Alice Cooper Show almost enjoyabl
Honestly, I cannot pick out one strong song from the rest of this bag of crap because it's all FILLER. I honestly cannot believe I let myself be persuaded by alot of you drones (don't wanna insult the sheep) who think Alice can do no wrong and wait until this album was in my hands and in my player; Wake the **** up people!!! Alice has a Dirty DUD on his hands.

Goodness I couldn't wait until the album was over so I could shelf it. Jesus what a waste of time and talent!!! Someone PLEASE go to Home Depot and get Bob Ezrin two hammers because Alice seriously needs to be beaten for this really very shitty offering. This is the kind of stuff that makes me wanna dislike Alice Cooper, and for another thing.........................

Forget it, I really hope the next one comes out SOON

Edited By Splinter Cell on 1123011227

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:09 pm

Splinter Cell wrote:This album should have stayed in Europe.

Without a doubt Dirty Diamonds is a bona fide piece of shit. It's appearant that Alice is trying to sell out not only to Europe but to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame as well. This has to be Alice's worst effort in 28 years. It makes Lace And Whiskey AND The Alice Cooper Show almost enjoyabl
Honestly, I cannot pick out one strong song from the rest of this bag of crap because it's all FILLER. I honestly cannot believe I let myself be persuaded by alot of you drones (don't wanna insult the sheep) who think Alice can do no wrong and wait until this album was in my hands and in my player; Wake the **** up people!!! Alice has a Dirty DUD on his hands.

Gee can't make up your mind can you:
SplinterCell wrote: To me, Dirty Diamonds is alright. But let's not fool ourselvs and call it a classic. Alice could have done a much better job with this. While there are a handful of good songs that rock...what kills Diamonds are Jessee Jane, Zombie Dance and Pretty Ballernia.

Sorry but I think you are going a bit too overboard in trying to put Alice down now. It's okay not to like it, but then to make up stuff about Alice is another. How does Dirty Diamonds render Alice selling out to Europe? That makes no sense. And I'm sure he could care less to be in the Rock N' Roll hall of fame.

You expect all of us to agree with you simply because you dislike the album. And those of us who actually whole heartedly do like the album are either wrong for it or are lying. Sorry, but I think you are on the wrong board if you expect us to put Alice on a sinking ship where it's apparent you want him to be.

Edited By WickedYoungMan on 1123014201
Me = Winning

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Stop right there.

First of all I expect no one to agree with me. Nor was I trying to convince anyone to see things from my view. To me Dirty Diamonds is a HUGE disappointment, to the enxtent it's made me very angry and ashamed to be a Alice fan because I know and believe he can do much better than this.

In no way, shape, or form do I want or expect Alice to be on a sinking ship. You keep insisting I do and for the final time, get this thru your thick skull that's not my intention. I'm venting because to me Dirty Diamonds is a waste of talent, time, and energy. It should have been scrapped and a much better Alice album should have taken it's place.

You know what? Forget You WYM. You keep looking for an argument from me and I'm really not in the mood to debate this any longer. The album is out; goody and hooray. DOn't expect me to agree with the rest of you all and say it's the best album he's ever done, because it's not and frankly that pisses me off. I wanted this album to be better than Eyes. Instead it's on par and it goes nowhere. Ejoy it as you all will. I'll simply wait for the next one in 2007. Hopefully it won't be another boring album as the previous two.

So stop looking for an invitation to fight. I'm not in the mood to argue anymore, Beteween you, Madame Bondage, and Nick Scratch I'm getting triple teamed. I'll talk to all of you about any other album but this one from now on. But as far as I'm concerned. Dirty Diamonds is a big steamin' pile of shit. And YES groover I know that's my opinion. It may not count for much but what's important to me is that it comes from my heart. And I'm not recanting this time.

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:39 pm

Gosh, Splinter Cell, you certainly are a buzzkill!!!! :angry:

I'm on listen #4. I picked Very Good...can't really chalk it all the way up to Classic.
However, I do think it is one of the most "representational" Alice albums...a little something from all the different facets of the Coop. (like a "diamond"? a very dirty one! ;) )
I really, really, really wish "You Make Me Wanna" had been the single, though....."Sunset Babies" is perhaps more Alice sounding, but "You Make Me Wanna" sounds so much like what is getting played on the radio these days that I think it could have hooked a lot more people.
Personally, I don't care who likes it and who doesn't. I am happy. :p
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:49 am

Splinter Cell wrote:So stop looking for an invitation to fight. I'm not in the mood to argue anymore, Beteween you, Madame Bondage, and Nick Scratch I'm getting triple teamed. I'll talk to all of you about any other album but this one from now on. But as far as I'm concerned. Dirty Diamonds is a big steamin' pile of shit. And YES groover I know that's my opinion. It may not count for much but what's important to me is that it comes from my heart. And I'm not recanting this time.
Splinter, no one is looking for a fight. But posting multiple upon multiple times that "This album is a piece of shit" and "What a waste of time" gives people one of the two impressions: You are trying to convince people not to like this album and not buy it OR simply don't like Alice and this is your chance to bash him at every chance.
Here are some things that you should notice you have done..
You bashed this album before you had even heard it or in it's entirety based on what you wanted to think. You were slamming it as much now as you were then. Then you practically accused people of lying about how much they like the album when the few bad reviews came up and you said "Finally someone had the courage to give an HONEST opinion about this." And then at every opportunity you go over board, over exaggerate things about Alice and this album, almost state your opinion as an actual fact. I.E. "Wow a shitty album is doing good on Amazon." You think just because you don't like the album that it is all the bad things that you really make it out to be and it's not. And in fact the reason why this board can be in a sour mood is when such an exciting thing for these people do happen, you can literally be a "buzzkill" to some of these people and bring them down with some of your more offensive comments. It's almost as if they aren't "seeing something" that you are and you wont be happy until we all hate this album? It's okay to post once or twice "Well this wasn't my cup of tea." But come on man, look at reality, this is an extremely well liked album despite a few people don't like it. And some people will take offence to your extreme slams against Alice. Almost like a "troll."
Me = Winning

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:03 am

I told you and everyone else I was done with this conversation. Yet you keep dragging this on, why?

I told you I've said my peace and I was going to say no more but YET you keep on like a flea sucking the blood on a dog's back?

What are you trying to prove WYM? I said on the sick board that I wasn't a troll and that Alice is forever a part of me and that I'll continue to support him. I've expressed how angry at the Coop I am for Dirty Diamonds because he can do a hell of a lot better; but yet you just keep at it?

So for the final time, before I really lose my cool at you; let it go. That's all you have to do. Move on and enjoy the album. I'll simply wait for the next one. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Stop replying. I'll give you no fuel to fire the flames. This is over. You wanna call someone a troll? Label someone else. I wash my hands of Dirty Diamonds, and you.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:16 am

Splinter Cell wrote:hat are you trying to prove WYM? I said on the sick board that I wasn't a troll and that Alice is forever a part of me and that I'll continue to support him. I've expressed how angry at the Coop I am for Dirty Diamonds because he can do a hell of a lot better; but yet you just keep at it?
Yes you've bashed Alice and this album quite a few dozen times and will probably continue too. All I'm saying is that I think people got the point you don't want to like the album, don't make it worse.
Me = Winning

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:18 am

Stop. replying. to. my. posts.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:28 am

well you bashed it and the fans who love it..called em drones..said they were following Alices coat tailes, Said people that liked DD were lying ..over and over ...what do ya expect?

Edited By steven15322 on 1123051129
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Magic Fingers Jr.
Trash
Trash

Post by Magic Fingers Jr. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:06 pm

Nick Skratch wrote:After all the arguing and name calling and excitement and I finally get to hear the album for myself. My first reaction: WOW.

Then you've got songs like Perfect, Zombie Dance and the Saga of Jesse Jane, songs that just elevate this album to a level that most recording artists couldn't hope to breach.

I love this album.
Amen!

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:51 pm

steven15322 wrote:well you bashed it and the fans who love it..called em drones..said they were following Alices coat tailes, Said people that liked DD were lying ..over and over ...what do ya expect?
Well it's irrelevent now because I get it.

I overlooked the underlying element that does make Dirty Diamonds a good album. That three lettered word called fun. Sure some of the songs are as cheesy as a Frankie and Annette guest starring Giget surf movie but it's alright. Alice wanted a fun album; he delivered.

However I still do think he could write a better album. I'm just more than glad he didn't go the Bon Jovi and Def Leppard route and make it pop...that would've been scary.

And yes as much as it's going to hurt to say it: Everyone was right. Dirty Diamonds is a good album despite the lack of a sick, perverted and twisted persona Alice. I never wanted another Billion Dollar Babies or Muscle of Love but I did want the FEEL of one; and maybe that Alice will be back for the next one? It's hard to tell but for the moment I'll enjoy Dirty Diaonds and appreciate the album for what it is: fun.

So yeah, I'm saying it's a good album. It sucks it had to dawn on me so late in the game but that's my fault because I just didn't spot it. Dirty Diamonds isn't a classic but it'll age really well, alot better than Eyes.

JerseyGirl
Trash
Trash

Post by JerseyGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:20 am

Well, I'm gonna listen a few more times before I "rate" it.

On first listen, I like "Perfect," and "Your Own Worst Enemy" best. The lyrics just make me laugh out loud. I love it when Alice writes songs like that.

I need to spend some more time with this album. I don't like it as much as I'd hoped I would. Perhaps that will change with more listens....

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:57 am

JerseyGirl wrote:Well, I'm gonna listen a few more times before I "rate" it.

On first listen, I like "Perfect," and "Your Own Worst Enemy" best. The lyrics just make me laugh out loud. I love it when Alice writes songs like that.

I need to spend some more time with this album. I don't like it as much as I'd hoped I would. Perhaps that will change with more listens....
That's what I'm hoping too.

Shoesalesman

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:17 pm

JerseyGirl wrote:Well, I'm gonna listen a few more times before I "rate" it.
Me, too. I'm on vacation from work next week, with plans to play the piss out of DD. I want to know the album much better before I start mouthing my opinions with minimal thought on backing them up. I'll give a thorough review when I get back, but I will say this... Dirty Diamonds has some catchy tunes on it. I have good feelings about this release so far. Anyhoo, have a great week everyone.

Sleeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Sleeper » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:07 am

This is an awesome Alice album. A vast improvement on the last few albums.
What do you mean "I can't get to work on time"?
Go nothing better to do

GIX
Trash
Trash

Post by GIX » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:12 am

Well, I'm gonna listen a few more times before I "rate" it.

That says it all really, so many of you have said that, suggests all is not quite well to me really.
The natural urge to live degenerates into UGLY passions - Plotinus

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:31 am

The album is a grower. Nothing to worry about I wouldn't think. But then as I like to say, better to grow on you and have longevity and than hit you at once and ware off and grow tired.
Me = Winning

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:40 pm

I voted it as a good album. I've only bought it a couple of days ago. I've played about 4 times thus far. The first time I listened to it, I played it start to finish. Every listen since then I've listened to it on random. I do this a lot with CD's. The order never gets stale.

I've taken to this album much quicker than I did with "The Eyes..." and "Dragontown".

I've found it to have a lot of variety, some different styles going on. But it works as a whole as well.

Once again, the album is filled with simple and clever lyrics. Alice always makes me laugh. The band sounds great too. I don't really have a favorite yet. Too early.

Anyway, I'll keep listening. Enjoy.

Edited By Jay on 1123339599
All of the above is just my opinion.

LittleThing
Trash
Trash

Post by LittleThing » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:45 pm

On the whole I enjoy this album very much. Whether it will be a classic I've no idea, but I think it is 'very good'.
Some mornings it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps!

Mr. Axlerod
Trash
Trash

Post by Mr. Axlerod » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:02 pm

Well we all have to admit that this album has sure stirred up more controversy and gotten us fans talking about it much more than the last few! Which I think is pretty cool. Sort of like the old days!:p