34%
Poor
12%
Ubangi Stimp
5%

Total votes: 58

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:10 pm

I am just pissed that so-called 'fans' are so quick to judge on the basis of only TWO tracks.
Thing is, this type of 'fan' seems to come here whingeing about absolutely EVERYTHING Alice does, be it writing, singing, stage show, political views, religion - the lot. What happened to LOYALTY guys?!?!

Hate to say it but.... we`ve heard the tracks.
I've refrained from commenting thus far (although I did vote) but truth be known I'm unimpressed by the two tracks so far. Just look at the lyrics (on DD page). Not exactly BP level are they. I've not lost all hope, but its taking a kicking at the moment although thare are nice bits in both songs. Maybe Alice IS starting with the filler tracks and building up. This is the problem of hearing the songs one at a time and not as an album. This is why I wasn't convinced airing them like this was a good idea. Time will tell though.

Melody Black
Trash
Trash

Post by Melody Black » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:12 pm

Madame Bondage wrote:Thing is, this type of 'fan' seems to come here whingeing about absolutely EVERYTHING Alice does, be it writing, singing, stage show, political views, religion - the lot. What happened to LOYALTY guys?!?! :unsure:
Maybe thay are Kiss fans is disguise :D
Say what you mean and say it Mean.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2005 1:03 am

I will admit that the last two songs have hurt my expectations for this album. The way Alice was talking from past interviews that every single song would be something memorable and catchy. WMD has come close to that, but "Steal That Car" is just worthless. I will consider giving Zombie Dance a listen, it is is even more crap: then I will just wait to buy a used CD off of Ebay.
As far as loyality, its there, but we as fans can't be yes men. I'm sure no one would be complaining about our opinions if we were just loading these reviews with praise and joy.

Edited By WickedYoungMan on 1114909515
Me = Winning

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2005 2:13 am

okay.. this is weird.
The song sounds okay today.
Me = Winning

Motorhead
Trash
Trash

Post by Motorhead » Sun May 01, 2005 5:19 am

Wicked young man, is you little WYM animation thing suposed to resemble the suggestive thing that im thinking it looks like?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2005 8:53 am

Ummm no not that I know of. And I dont see anything suggestive? It was just the smallest animation setting on my 3d graphic program I could find. 5 frames I believe it is and having them jump up and down would look more effective and readible than rotating and so on.
Me = Winning

killer_sheep
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_sheep » Sun May 01, 2005 9:41 am

Madame Bondage wrote:I haven't heard it yet but I WILL say this, a lot of you are being really nit-picky about this album so far. Sure, we ALL want Alice to do something totally AMAZING again but if he doesn't ..... get over it. :8s:

Do you want him to RETIRE already?!?! :unsure:

This Alice bashing is TOTALLY depressing. :(

margaret

you need to remember that what we have been doing here if offering our own personal critique of two songs that alice has debuted on NWAC as being representative (one assumes) of the " 7 or 8 rockers" on DD. i stand by comments i've made here and elsewhere on WMD and STC. we live in a democracy here (or so si tells me) where polls and discussion areas allow us to voice our opinion. frankly i've never understood those fans who appear over protective of our man and cannot stomach a critique of cooper product.

we need a balance here. do i want him to retire ? because of comments on 2 new tracks ? err no !

lets end on an up note, its sunday after all. hearing these tracks over an iffy internet stream may not be showing them in their best light. live and cd quality they may shine, they may not.

will i buy the album / cd ? have done so for 33 years so can't see me stopping any time soon.

will i defend my right to critique alice, that would be a yes...

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2005 9:44 am

The guy has a point.
Speaking of Sunday, for some reason I'm liking this song today!
I would like to point out something technical, though it may be just me or something actually having to do with the netstream, it sounds like this song was coming in on a "mono" sound rather than the full "Stereo" sound. Alice's voice (and his vocal effects)was pushed way up front and the guitars were pushed way back. Had we had full left and right channels, we probably would have heard something completely different. So to further Jon's comment, the CD may let the song shine.
Me = Winning

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Sun May 01, 2005 9:55 am

we live in a democracy here (or so si tells me) where polls and discussion areas allow us to voice our opinion.

Its a democracy within certain rules, such is life. One of the rules certainly ISN'T that everybody has to like the same thing, OR that they have to like what I like.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2005 10:02 am

One of the rules certainly ISN'T that everybody has to like the same thing, OR that they have to like what I like.

Ahh its nice to know someone can say:
"I LOVE Ubangi Stomp" and "KISS are God" and not get banned. :laugh:

Edited By WickedYoungMan on 1114942181
Me = Winning

from_the_inside
Trash
Trash

Post by from_the_inside » Sun May 01, 2005 10:21 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
One of the rules certainly ISN'T that everybody has to like the same thing, OR that they have to like what I like.

Ahh its nice to know someone can say:
"I LOVE Ubangi Stomp" and "KISS are God" and not get banned. :laugh:
So this is a fact then: I like Ubangi Stomp and my god I love Kiss (especially the 92 version)

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:31 am

But there are LIMITS!!!! :laugh:

Wicked Little Lady
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Wicked Little Lady » Sun May 01, 2005 1:06 pm

killer_sheep wrote:frankly i've never understood those fans who appear over protective of our man and cannot stomach a critique of cooper product.
Hey thats what women do--we are the great protectors! It is a pre-programed response to any assault on something we love. I will defend "our man" to my grave!

Sure there are Cooper songs that I dont particularly like (Despirado being one) but I would never use the word "suck" in conjunction with it or anything by Alice.

Some fans are partial to the drums or guitars and they were definately downplayed and pushed to the back on STC which is where I believe the problem with the tune lies. Some of us are the type of fans that really dig the vocal aspect of his music. Alice was very inovative with his voice on this track and I found it quite fastenating--especially the off key screem at the end.

Sorry--gotta trash the bashers! I have no stomach for it!
Worship the ground you walk on

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Sun May 01, 2005 1:46 pm

For me, Alice is like a naughty uncle....I'll crtitique him amongst "the family", but if someone outside the family says anything mean I'll jump at their throat.
I have always assumed that on this messageboard, we are ALL coming from the perspective of loving Alice for who he is and what he does and wanting him to succeed. Within this "safe space" we can discuss what works and what doesn't, for us individually. It's not "alice bashing" if you are coming from a perspective of being a big enough fan to spend 5 hours of your life every night listening to his show, not to mention the countless other hours online here on the messageboard, or listening to his music, or, erm, watching Trashes the World with the pause button in hand. I could talk about what I love about Alice for days on end, but occasionally he does disappoint me, and sometimes even piss me right off. I come here to talk about that stuff because I assume that everyone already knows that I love Alice, and nothing negative I say changes that.
Yes, I realize that this sounds very much like family therapy. The doctor is in.
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

GIX
Trash
Trash

Post by GIX » Sun May 01, 2005 4:36 pm

Not heard it, so can't comment. However, I liked the fun trash on ZSC..so it maybe OK to me!!?? How can I hear it? Anyone? What I will say is it's nearly impossible to get right into a track immediately.

Re WYM avatar:
And I dont see anything suggestive?

I DO! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited By GIX on 1114965869
The natural urge to live degenerates into UGLY passions - Plotinus

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Sun May 01, 2005 7:31 pm

Since I've no intrest to even have a downloaded version sent to me vis the Sick Board, I don't get the rafdio station in my aera either; I don't critique. If I said anything that sounds like I'm bashing STC then I'm sorry. I remember disbelieving hysterically about the song's comparason to Ubangi Stomp, if no one else found it funny I'l try better to come up with a better joke.

As for disagreeing: alot of people hate Trash and like TLT, I on the other hand adore Trash and can take or leave TLT..it's a good record but there's only so much of it I can take.

Same with eyes. There are mornings I feel like blasting it and other times I want to take it out of my player right in the middle of Detroit City.

It's all prefrence. We're here because we love Alice Cooper and we'll take him in any form he comes back around in. I don't see a problem on cracking jokes on songs as long as everyone knows it's in good fun, remember the lead singer in Rock Star when he took the music too serious? :D

Motorhead
Trash
Trash

Post by Motorhead » Sun May 01, 2005 10:23 pm

I havent heard the song, does it have any good guitar playing in it?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun May 01, 2005 11:07 pm

You can barely hear the guitars. See my last post on page 2 as to why that might have been.
Me = Winning

vince_raven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by vince_raven » Mon May 02, 2005 2:55 am

Didn't Ezrin say something about beating Alice to death with a hammer if he heard filler on this album. Alice better lock the doors, reports are Bob was seen shopping at Home Depot earlier. :D
Cooper took the stage,put on the best rock show since Gloria Estefan/Miami Sound Machine in 1987.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon May 02, 2005 3:25 am

Splinter Cell wrote:Since I've no intrest to even have a downloaded version sent to me vis the Sick Board, I don't get the rafdio station in my aera either;
Of course you can come into the chat room with the rest of us nightly and listen to the Radio show live on the internet netstream. :D
Me = Winning