For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Tour Between Alice And Marilyn Manson COnfirmed In Alice

Post by Diane D. » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 pm

danielleV wrote:MM will be a very good stageprop....amongst the others.
Am kidding.
Yeah... A stageprop...
[

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 pm

The journal over at MM's website has 3 dates announced with a bigger sized poster. They say more dates to come too..

http://marilynmanson.com/2013/masters-o ... ce-cooper/

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:53 am

I still can't help but hope he changes alot of the stage production, at least for this tour with Manson. I can't see to many of the Manson fans s really being into the current tour. If it was the Theate Of Death tour or something like that I think they would have been blown away. The Raise The Dead tour is ok for Alice fans who have already seen him and know what he's all about, but there are alot of Manson fans who have been hearing about how amazing an Alice Cooper show is and especially when they compare him to Manson. I think on this tour especially, the whole "friendly competition" thing will be on the minds of alot of fans of both Alice and Manson.

Either way it's been a tour I've been talking about with friends for nearly 20 years now so it's a really big deal to me.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

They're both pretty good friends with Johnny Depp right ? am I the only one who thinks Depp will make at least one appearance during this tour ?

- ALICE COOPER

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:34 am

New tour date in LA -
http://pmcla.com/event.cfm?id=97312
June 6th

Very lucky for those who can go! Does Johnny Depp live in LA? I know he's turned up with Alice onstage there before to close the show, and that was after closing the golden gods awards with Manson. If he's about, it could be possible :)

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I still can't help but hope he changes alot of the stage production, at least for this tour with Manson. I can't see to many of the Manson fans s really being into the current tour. If it was the Theate Of Death tour or something like that I think they would have been blown away. The Raise The Dead tour is ok for Alice fans who have already seen him and know what he's all about, but there are alot of Manson fans who have been hearing about how amazing an Alice Cooper show is and especially when they compare him to Manson. I think on this tour especially, the whole "friendly competition" thing will be on the minds of alot of fans of both Alice and Manson.

Either way it's been a tour I've been talking about with friends for nearly 20 years now so it's a really big deal to me.
True, I can see a lot of Manson fans never seeing Alice saying is that all? Manson is way better live. This current tour of Alice's won't live up to expectations that Alice puts of a huge show full of theatrics and antics because obviously with Raise The Dead you don't get any of that, can see heaps being confused with the covers section too (unless he uses a set like the AVO sessions show which didn't have the covers) time will tell I guess.

Personally for this tour I think the show needs more theatrics for the tour, the current set minus the covers won't be bad tho.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:50 pm

ElectedPlus wrote:Does Johnny Depp live in LA? I know he's turned up with Alice onstage there before to close the show, and that was after closing the golden gods awards with Manson. If he's about, it could be possible :)
I believe he lives in France

- ALICE COOPER

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Depp dont live in France i think anymore..because he left downthe mother of his kids .
And he dont want to pay the taxes anymore thats it? He is good actor but i think hes unpleasant.he never smiles too on photos
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:Manson is way better live.
Absolutely not!

And like I said before, Mansion hasn't much of a show either and what's more important, he doesn't even have stage presence.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

danielleV wrote:Depp dont live in France i think anymore..because he left downthe mother of his kids .
And he dont want to pay the taxes anymore thats it? He is good actor but i think hes unpleasant.he never smiles too on photos
He was extremely nice when I met him in December.

In fact, I've seen him listed in magazine articles as being one of the celebrities that is kindest to his fans.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:02 pm

PatrickS77 wrote:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:Manson is way better live.
Absolutely not!

And like I said before, Mansion hasn't much of a show either and what's more important, he doesn't even have stage presence.
Hey, why am I quoted as saying Manson is way better live haha!! I didn't say that. Manson is great live and one of my favorite performers, but I still think Alice is better.

All I'm saying is that alot of the Manson fans are gonna be expecting (and from what I'm reading online already are) a big spectacle with a cool stage show, the guillotine, hanging etc... but instead their gonna be getting a stripped down show with Alice shaking an oversized coffee mug lol

I'm not even saying this because I feel the need to see it myself, I just want the people experiencing Alice for the 1st time, especially Manson fans who have been hearing the comparisons all these years and have been curious about Alice, say to themselves "wow that's what everyones been talking about all these years" instead of thinking to themselves "that's it ?" And I know someones gonna ask me "well isn't it all about the music ?" and in most cases I would agree. But on this specific tour no it really isn't.

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:04 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
danielleV wrote:Depp dont live in France i think anymore..because he left downthe mother of his kids .
He was extremely nice when I met him in December.

In fact, I've seen him listed in magazine articles as being one of the celebrities that is kindest to his fans.
I've hear that too. As for his acting, I think he's the best charactor right now.

- ALICE COOPER

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:42 pm

I kind of see where you're coming from Horrorholic.

Alice could do a lot worse than drag out the Brutal Planet props and do a re-run of that show. You could argue that he'd be pandering to MM fans but then perhaps a co-headline tour deserves a little thought from both sides about who they're working with.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Reckon Alice will give a fair amount of thought to how he wants the show to come across-don't think he will worry too much about MM show in itself-will just want to entertain everyone. Funnily enough when I went to see Alice doing a stripped down show at London Astoria in late 90s i think, an MM fan was going on about not be impressed- wasnt a big theatrical show and no real shock- funny you mention Brutal Planet props-for me that album was industrial rock a la Manson-stage show was good right enough.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Manson's show's a bit stripped down from his past ones too, so it might not be as much of a clash if Alice's show isn't as theatric as it has been. it would be cool though, to see both parties put on a SHOW. i'd think there'd be less static between MM and AC than there was between MM and RZ, too.
i noticed on the MM site that he's doing M&Gs too, i'd love to meet him.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm

I've met both Alice and Manson. Alice was really cool and easy to talk to, kind of like an old high school friend if that makes at meet sense. Manson was cool too but admited being shy during meet and greets. He said when he's on stage it's different because he's performing, but when meeting fans in that type of invironment he was shy.

- ALICE COOPER

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 pm

seems Manson has stepped up his production for 2013

Last night Jan. 18 Marilyn Manson kicked off his 2013 North American winter tour in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at The Rave and played for a crowd that just about filled the ballroom to capacity. The highly anticipated tour was a much bigger stage show than anything Manson did in 2012 and the light show was as big as they come, complete with confetti guns that rained down copious amounts of atmosphere and ambiance all over the wildly enthusiastic crowd. Fans shouted back the lyrics to every song as Manson controlled the stage with his epic brand of confident shock rock.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 am

Well Alice has bubbles :rotfl: I think if it would have happened when Alice was doing his Brutal Planet, Theatre Of Death or Psycho Therapy tours it would have been perfect and the two shows would have been perfect back to back. I don't even think the No More Mr. Nice Guy tour would have worked that well (certainly better than the raise the dead tour though)and unless Alice completely changes the show for this tour, including some of the setlist, I can't see it working well at all.

Keep in mind these shows will be held in much bigger venues, some of them outdoors where Alice will be playing in daylight.I just think maybe it was bad timing to do it now. But who really knows, for all I know Alice could have an entirely different show in mind. If Manson can step it up maybe Alice will too.

As I've already said, me and my friends have been talking about how great a tour between them would be for nearly 20 years, so I'm just hoping for the best by both of them.

- ALICE COOPER

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:08 am

>where Alice will be playing in daylight.

HOW DO YOU KNOW? WHY ARE SOME OF YOU PEOPLE STILL SPECULATING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AND PRESENTING IT AS IF IT IS A FACT?!

> But who really knows, for all I know Alice could have an entirely different show in mind.

So stop making wild assumptions then.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Kind of off topic, but when I watched the clip of Alice using bubbles on this tour the 1st thing that came to my min was this :rotfl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEuNk4JMsUM

Maybe Alice should play Prince Of Darkness while the bubbles are being used lol

As for the daylight thing, I just assumed he would be playing in daylight during the outdoor shows. I agree, I won't make any more wild assumptions about what this show will or not be like. I guess we'll find out sooner than later. I just hope it comes around here. Alice hasn't playe here as a headliner in a few years, Manson was just in Hamilton but I could see it coming to Toronto. Does anyone know if there will be another opening act or is it just the two of them ?

- ALICE COOPER