ACAS Vinyl - how many?

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:31 pm

i get coloured vinyl yesterday, but only 1 LP. So I see that exist 2LPs. So what is different between 1LP & 2 LPs version ???
s far as I know, the two disc vinyl does not exist, it was annonced to be a 2 lp set before the release, but then they changed it.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:45 pm

glamprincess wrote: Furthermore with respect to world-wide sales, I seem to recall that Brian said something along the lines that world-wide sales could be around triple the US figure.
That isn't surprising though. I mean there are far more people in the rest of the world than in the U.S. after all so when you compare the world to the U.S. or at least for good measure, Australia and Europe to North America even, that's going to happen.

But are the certifications always accurate? Is it possible for any album to be platinum or multiplatinum status and just haven't been certified as such?
nurofeg wrote:i get coloured vinyl yesterday, but only 1 LP. So I see that exist 2LPs. So what is different between 1LP & 2 LPs version ???
One exists and the other doesn't.

And at that.. I might would assume off the bat that one has 1 LP and the other has 2 LPs ;) Yes, I'm being smart.
Me = Winning

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:53 pm

departmentofyouth wrote:My Record label, Bellyache Records, releases 7 Inch singles from Detroit Garage bands. So I asked our pressing plant, Archer Record Pressing, what the average was for full lengths. They said most indie and major labels usually start out with 1000-2000 copies and repress when/if needed. Not many go over that, unless it's some hot techo or hip hop record that dj's spin.

This was just in response to the original question, not an answer, but a little side bar info.
:)
Thanks; actually, I found that helpful!

And your Muppet Show Avatar picture is cool too.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:23 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
glamprincess wrote: Furthermore with respect to world-wide sales, I seem to recall that Brian said something along the lines that world-wide sales could be around triple the US figure.
That isn't surprising though. I mean there are far more people in the rest of the world than in the U.S. after all so when you compare the world to the U.S. or at least for good measure, Australia and Europe to North America even, that's going to happen.

But are the certifications always accurate? Is it possible for any album to be platinum or multiplatinum status and just haven't been certified as such?
I think Brian was talking about how specific albums sell, like say Brutal Planet or The Last Temptation. I seem to recall that the discussion was about the fact that Alice may enjoy greater popularity in Europe than he does in the US and that his albums are more popular there.

With regards to your second question, there are probably albums that haven't been certified gold, platinum and multi-platinum because the record companies are lax when it comes to certifying older albums. But remember that it may not be just US certifications that haven't been up-to-date. There are probably certifications in Canada, Europe, etc. that haven't been up-to-date too.