For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Nick
Killer
Killer

Australian Tour 2024

Post by Nick » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:42 pm

As well as the Pandemonium Festival dates, a sideshow has just been announced on April 23rd at Newcastle Entertainment Centre, NSW, with Alice headlining, Deep Purple as support and Gyroscope opening. Full set for Alice.
Presale starts tomorrow.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Re: Australian Tour 2024

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm

Unfortunately it looks like the whole festival is cancelled. Tickets are still being sold and the promoters office have been evasive, but local news stations are reporting its been canned.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:13 am

Nick wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm
Unfortunately it looks like the whole festival is cancelled. Tickets are still being sold and the promoters office have been evasive, but local news stations are reporting its been canned.
I saw the news report on channel 9 and when they called the promoter - Apex Entertainment and asked if the festival was 100% going ahead he hung up. Poor ticket sales apparently.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:12 am

Miller wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:13 am
Nick wrote:
I saw the news report on channel 9 and when they called the promoter - Apex Entertainment and asked if the festival was 100% going ahead he hung up. Poor ticket sales apparently.
This whole thing is becoming a car crash. Multiple sources are claiming its cancelled, the promoters issued a statement on the festivals Facebook page that the news is false and its going ahead and then turned off all commenting. Deep Purple and a couple other bands have removed the Australian dates from their website tour schedule.
Meanwhile tickets are still on sale. Wow.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:20 pm

Nick wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:12 am
Miller wrote:
Nick wrote:
This whole thing is becoming a car crash. Multiple sources are claiming its cancelled, the promoters issued a statement on the festivals Facebook page that the news is false and its going ahead and then turned off all commenting. Deep Purple and a couple other bands have removed the Australian dates from their website tour schedule.
Yeah don't get why tickets are still on sale, I'd be looking at a refund asap.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:32 pm

Miller wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:20 pm
Nick wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:12 am
Miller wrote:

Yeah don't get why tickets are still on sale, I'd be looking at a refund asap.
From what I can tell (as of this morning), while the media are saying the festivals are cancelled the promoters are denying it, and stating in tweets/posts that tickets are still on sale. There is no official confirmation the entire festival tour is cancelled. That is why tickets are still on sale. Of course that doesn't help people much, but I would guess that is why the tickets haven't been pulled. Same with refunds. Until the events are officially cancelled there will be no refunds available.

Maybe the promoters are trying to save themselves somehow, hoping to change venues or book new acts to replace the ones who have clearly already pulled out (Deep Purple/Wolfmother). Who knows. If it is cancelled I would expect law suits will be flying thick and fast as the bands etc would have paid out money for flights/transport/equipment hire/merch etc already. The promoters are presumably doing everything they can to avoid that happening.

Hopefully there will some clarity in the next few days.

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:11 am

The promoter has a long history of this kind of thing happening. Including cancelled festivals in the past where tickets were not refunded.

It's beyond insane that Alice Cooper's people went with this guy without doing the research on what the promoter has delivered in the past. And if they did the research and still went with him - ouch.

Why the hell does Alice Cooper play a festival in regional towns of Australia as opposed to metro cities with a trusted promoter. Can't believe the situation.

Fingers crossed it all goes ahead. I've spent an absolute fortune on a few shows myself.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:42 am

trashed wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:11 am
The promoter has a long history of this kind of thing happening. Including cancelled festivals in the past where tickets were not refunded.

It's beyond insane that Alice Cooper's people went with this guy without doing the research on what the promoter has delivered in the past. And if they did the research and still went with him - ouch.

Why the hell does Alice Cooper play a festival in regional towns of Australia as opposed to metro cities with a trusted promoter. Can't believe the situation.

Fingers crossed it all goes ahead. I've spent an absolute fortune on a few shows myself.
This is spot on. I cringed from the moment the tour was announced when I realised who the promoter was. His history speaks for itself, though he buries it under different company names and keeps rebranding himself. If this all gets canned I'm expecting to jump through hoops to get refunds. I know people who fought for two years to get refunds on his last festival.
I'm hoping something is salvaged and we still see Alice, but to be honest this whole thing seemed too ambitious and ticked all the boxes of what not to do.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:49 am

Nick wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:42 pm
As well as the Pandemonium Festival dates, a sideshow has just been announced on April 23rd at Newcastle Entertainment Centre, NSW, with Alice headlining, Deep Purple as support and Gyroscope opening. Full set for Alice.
Presale starts tomorrow.
Tickets still being sold for this.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:21 am

Miller wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:49 am
Nick wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:42 pm
Presale starts tomorrow.
Tickets still being sold for this.
I follow a guy who is in contact with the festivals PR team and his words are its an "absolute shambles." At this stage there looks like there's going to be venue changes and several bands pulling out. That's best case scenario. No official word from the promoters who are still selling tickets with all the advertised headliners (including the Alice and Deep Purple sideshow when all signs point to the latter having pulled out) and have blocked all comments on social media.
At this stage existing ticketholders and anyone buying tickets has no idea what they're actually getting, but it's not what is still being advertised.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

Australian music festival Pandemonium Rocks to go ahead with ‘alterations’ https://7news.com.au/news/new-australia ... 9cIcViheHR

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:58 pm

So after weeks of uncertainty, this looks to be going ahead with half of the acts being removed (Deep Purple among them) but Alice remains as headliner.
The Newcastle sideshow remains with Blondie replacing Deep Purple.

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:04 am

No doubt we lose out on a full set in Newcastle given all the bands are playing.

And no doubt I now lose my front row seat...

Pandemonium. Indeed.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:48 am

trashed wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:04 am
No doubt we lose out on a full set in Newcastle given all the bands are playing.

Pandemonium. Indeed.
I'm pretty sure Newcastle is only Alice and Blondie, unless I'm completely misreading it.
It sounds like Blondies sideshow the previous night is completely scapped (the ticket sales were very poor, Ticketek shows about 80 percent of the seats unsold) and she is instead performing the following night supporting Alice instead of Deep Purple.
I hope they don't mess with seating allocation since they state they are "combining" the sideshows. I can't see how they can, there aren't enough unsold seats left for Alices show.

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:53 am

Hope you've got that right. Who would ever know with this promoter!!

Crazy that ticket holders have not been officially told anything. Just an announcement via Blondie/Alice.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:11 am

‘No refunds’: Fury over ‘botched’ Pandemonium Rocks music festival https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/m ... b3221e1d94

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:56 am

trashed wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:04 am

Pandemonium. Indeed.
So unfortunately you are bang on the money. Alice, although headlining, is playing a shortened set now. Wolfmother and The Psychedelic Furs have been shoehorned onto the bill, so everyone gets less time now. Times are on Newcastle Entertainment Centres website.
They're also shoehorning the Blondie crowd from the previous nights cancelled show in, and with most of Alices show already sold I can't see how they do this without messing around with seat allocations. I wouldn't be surprised at this stage to find out on the night.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:44 am

Miller wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:11 am
‘No refunds’: Fury over ‘botched’ Pandemonium Rocks music festival https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/m ... b3221e1d94
The promotion for this event has been a spectacular car crash. I can't wait for Alice to hit the stage so theres no more twists to this thing!

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:58 am

Honestly, as Alice fans we get out of this thing pretty well all things considered.

It will be beyond disappointing for him to come all the way out here and not play one full show - but at least he's still on the way. And thankfully Alice fans have kept their seats in Newcastle. If I lost that front row seat I might not be so measured!

I'm not sure I understand why Alice's management would have decided to continue with the show. It's a disaster, people are angry for good/fair reasons. Was an opportunity to GET OUT and start again with his own tour - in metro cities with indoor venues that would probably be sold to capacity.

With a bit of luck there is another Australian tour in him yet...

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:48 am

trashed wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:58 am
Honestly, as Alice fans we get out of this thing pretty well all things considered.

It will be beyond disappointing for him to come all the way out here and not play one full show - but at least he's still on the way. And thankfully Alice fans have kept their seats in Newcastle. If I lost that front row seat I might not be so measured!

I'm not sure I understand why Alice's management would have decided to continue with the show. It's a disaster, people are angry for good/fair reasons. Was an opportunity to GET OUT and start again with his own tour - in metro cities with indoor venues that would probably be sold to capacity.

With a bit of luck there is another Australian tour in him yet...
Yeah, we are the lucky ones in this whole mess. Theres a lot of angry people out there, rightfully so.
This is genuinely the strangest Australian tour he will ever do and Im expecting small crowds at the "festivals"...Ive got zero doubt a solo headline tour in major cities would have sold better and been better for everyone involved...but I'll take what we can get at this stage.
It's basically an Alice Cooper gig with 5 support acts in really weird locations. If Alice's management had pulled the pin there's no guarantee when we would see him again.
As for why Alices team decided to continue with this thing, probably because they're one of the only ones that have been paid. We're on the right side of the fence on this one.