Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Tour 2018!

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:48 am

Shoesalesman wrote:
ReGorLaTroy wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:VIPs were out of my price range, but managed to get great seats for the Calgary and Edmonton shows on the Artist presale after all. Roll on August!!!
Same here...$848 for the front row insanity package for NYC...yikes! Nothing too great popping up...will keep trying with the various presales and regular on sale dates. Congrats on your seats Shoe Salesman! :HEART: :alice: :HEART:
Cheers! I don't even worry anymore about the first few rows. Been there many times with just the cost of the seat, it was a good run while it lasted. Besides, a bit further back, the better chance of getting a cane. ;)
Funny you should say that. I opted for the first row of the balcony for the upcoming Beacon Theatre show. My thought was that it will be neat to see the show from a different perspective. Excited to say the least!
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:14 am

ReGorLaTroy wrote:Funny you should say that. I opted for the first row of the balcony for the upcoming Beacon Theatre show. My thought was that it will be neat to see the show from a different perspective. Excited to say the least!
I saw the BP show from the front balcony row. It was fun to watch the action backstage on the other side of the stairs.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:13 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
ReGorLaTroy wrote:Funny you should say that. I opted for the first row of the balcony for the upcoming Beacon Theatre show. My thought was that it will be neat to see the show from a different perspective. Excited to say the least!
I saw the BP show from the front balcony row. It was fun to watch the action backstage on the other side of the stairs.
Thanks...I'm looking forward to just that. :HEART: :alice: :HEART:
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Fallen In Love sounds good live. Mostly because it is played more straightforward by Tommy. He doesn’t try to overplay it or emulate Frank Beard on the song, and this makes it sound so much better than the U2 guy playing things out of his league and killing the groove of a song. I hope it sees a live release at some point, because the band does a much better job.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 pm

guttertrash wrote:Fallen In Love sounds good live. Mostly because it is played more straightforward by Tommy. He doesn’t try to overplay it or emulate Frank Beard on the song, and this makes it sound so much better than the U2 guy playing things out of his league and killing the groove of a song. I hope it sees a live release at some point, because the band does a much better job.
Think you mean Glen... Tommy is a guitarist, Beard and Mullens are drummers..

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes, Si. Sorry, I meant Glen. A friend and I who knows nothing about the current incarnation of Alice’s lineup were watching and talking about one of the videos of Fallen In Love posted on youtube, and he was asking who the guitar player was in the video, and I was telling him about Tommy as I was typing out my comment on here.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:20 pm

guttertrash wrote:Yes, Si. Sorry, I meant Glen. A friend and I who knows nothing about the current incarnation of Alice’s lineup were watching and talking about one of the videos of Fallen In Love posted on youtube, and he was asking who the guitar player was in the video, and I was telling him about Tommy as I was typing out my comment on here.
:)

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Been looking at the box office stats for the US tour. Quite variable. Take it that's normal for the US?

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 am

My daughter's going Thursday in Indiana. That show is sold out.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Think there's been a couple of sellouts a couple of good crowds and a couple pretty poor. Good to see him getting near 5000 crowds but a bit poor when it's 1300 in a 2400 capacity venue.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm worried audiences are going to not go as much because its the "same as last year". They should do a tour with the original band to get some more publicity

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:I'm worried audiences are going to not go as much because its the "same as last year". They should do a tour with the original band to get some more publicity
I still think that the number of people that either of those issues affects is a lot less than many seem to think.

I have seen numerous posts/heard lots of commentary at the shows about the show being new, all the songs people have never heard before, and how they're excited to see him again after X number of years/decades.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:33 pm

In terms of ticket sales, I don't think any of those things mentioned before really play a factor that much. While I am ready for a new show, if Alice is somewhere in the area I am always going to see him and I think his current band is the best one he ever had and I think they have the ability to play songs from all over Alice's career even better than most of his previous bands (The World Needs Guts and Pain sounded incredible last year).

That being said, I think these are the biggest factors in terms of attendance good and bad. 1) The time of the week the show is occurring. Most of us work and it tough sometimes to take off from work on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Those types of shows work better in larger cities in my opinion where there is a large population. 2) I think some of the cities have been overplayed while some have basically been ignored. When you are playing the same city every year that can hurt a little. I know that bands go where promoters book them, but there are some cities that have diehard Alice fans that rarely or never get a show. When you throw in some cities that often get overlooked, you are going to get more crowd interest. 3) I think a lot of fans are getting fed up with Ticketmaster and ticket prices in general. I know especially at some of these Performing Arts Centers (which are nice venues), some tickets are around 85 dollars or so and then usually no opening act the last few years. Yes, I know we all came to see Alice but I think an opening band playing for 30-45 minutes is part of the experience especially at those prices (and the ticket prices are not Alice's fault). I will also throw in fans are getting frustrated because these days you can try and purchase tickets literally the second they go on sale yet sometimes you can't get a seat up close because of the way they do things these days.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:13 am

I honestly don’t think the lack of surprise or set change will influenced ticket sales either. Motley Crue, Kiss, and many other bands have or had the same complaints from diehard fans, but at the end of the day, they still have a ton of people go to their shows. Shows larger than wha Alice generally plays also. As much as I would personally love to see a full show with Michael, Dennis, and Neal, I do not think it would create a major change in attendance for a tour. After seeing them in Nashville, I feel like they would be absolutely incredible to see with rehearsals under their belt for a tour, but Alice, himself, is the draw.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:55 am

Can anyone remind me around which month/period are usually the (maybe European) shows of November/December announced ?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 am

Holly Grail wrote:Can anyone remind me around which month/period are usually the (maybe European) shows of November/December announced ?
They are announced when they are confirmed. It's completely random, in that some years we know a year ahead, and sometimes just a few months. There's not really any fixed time.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:16 pm

I see the new tour dates on the front page, but Alice's official Instagram has these dates plus 10/5 in Westbury, CT and 10/6 in Syracuse, NY. I am trying to find information on the Syracuse show because that would be the one I would go to, but I only see it on his post... does anyone know anything about it?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:52 pm

sammysausage76 wrote:I see the new tour dates on the front page, but Alice's official Instagram has these dates plus 10/5 in Westbury, CT and 10/6 in Syracuse, NY. I am trying to find information on the Syracuse show because that would be the one I would go to, but I only see it on his post... does anyone know anything about it?
I would guess (and that`s all it is) that someone has accidentally jumped the gun and they aren`t 100% confirmed yet, hence there's nothing anywhere else.

I can only see the Westbury one listed on there now, not Syracuse, but someone does comment on Syracuse so you didn`t imagine it (unless it was your comment!).

There are gaps for more dates still to come so just be patient. At worse you could call your local venues and see if they know anything.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:24 pm

For a general admission show like Pittsburgh on 10/26, do the packages offer early admission?

It doesn't say anything about early admission in the verbiage for the package presale, so I have my doubts.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue May 22, 2018 11:57 am

Is the artist presale code for Warren 'sickthings'?