For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Alice dropping a hint for UK shows this year

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:38 am

Just come back from Cropredy where as usual Alice put on a great show with some nice added parts in the set from what I last saw in the UK. He's Back was back, Department of Youth was included and I love the build up to the Raise the Dead part where we had the intro to the bonus track Under the Bed played and a nice little scene where Alice appears to be brought back to life.
However at the end of the show Alice stated 'see you all in October'. Without jumping the gun does this mean a potential UK tour? It just seems a bit short notice.

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Alice dropping a hint for UK shows this year

Post by thenightmare92 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 am

I would assume he was making that statement towards the "universal fan" not specifically that location, in regards to the fact that there's a break in his tour as of tonight, resuming at the beginning of October in Russia or something, then packed US dates throughout the month

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:05 am

I have no idea why he said that, because we are in Russia in October and then back to the USA. We're on the road from October 2nd thru the end of the month of October. There are definitely no other UK shows booked this year unfortunately. I think he was speaking in generalities because that's when we are going back on the road. But as soon as he said it I thought "UH OH"!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:37 am

He probably forgot where he was, I do it all the time!
Last edited by wind_up_toy on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 pm

alicebackstage wrote:I have no idea why he said that, because we are in Russia in October and then back to the USA. We're on the road from October 2nd thru the end of the month of October. There are definitely no other UK shows booked this year unfortunately. I think he was speaking in generalities because that's when we are going back on the road. But as soon as he said it I thought "UH OH"!
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was too good to be true. Hopefully next year!

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 pm

alicebackstage wrote:I have no idea why he said that, because we are in Russia in October and then back to the USA. We're on the road from October 2nd thru the end of the month of October. There are definitely no other UK shows booked this year unfortunately. I think he was speaking in generalities because that's when we are going back on the road. But as soon as he said it I thought "UH OH"!
Lol, I did get momentarily excited when he said that, but then I realised he just meant 'on tour'.

I thought the Cropredy performance was one of the best I've seen of Raise The Dead - he really pulled out all the stops, and the audience seemed to love it.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com