Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rpchurch
Trash
Trash

Meeting Coop after the show?

Post by rpchurch » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 am

Hi, all,

I was just wondering, has anyone been able to meet Coop after the show? Maybe on the way to the bus?

Last go round, I was lucky enough to meet everyone ELSE in the band, and would really like to meet him in-person.

Any tips or tricks from more experienced fans woul be most appreciated.
Please don't touch the display little boy.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Meeting Coop after the show?

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 am

Just luck, I remember last year in Wellington he was just walking around the city.

This year he was spotted at the local mall having coffee with Calico.

After the show is pretty near impossible, unless you know the hotel he is staying at.

You could have a shot before if you are keen enough to wait around the venue all day long for him to arriver for rehersal.

Again pretty hard just before the show as I hear he arrives pretty late.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:45 am

Actually, far as I know, he doesn't usually come for rehearsal. Heck, most of the band doesn't either! Lots of times it's just the crew that does sound check once they're comfortable with the show and into the swing of tour.

Like Somewhere in Auckland said, you're better off catching him around town or at a hotel. That said....I have CRAP for luck with that. I've actually been at the same hotel more than once, and each time have found out that I've missed him by less than 5 minutes each time in the lobby, so.....yup, really it's all luck. OR, since they're being offered this time around, you could buy a VIP package. Then you're all but assured to meet him.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:51 am

Its expensive, but if you wanna meet him I guess its the only guarenteed way.

Not knowing much about the whole VIP thing, Is it a new thing to offer them for every show this tour?

Master Shake
Killer
Killer

Post by Master Shake » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 pm

i suppose its easy here as its quite a small city. only really two places to go shopping and was spotted in Perth malls on Sunday. Most muso's stay at the Hyatt hotel and I know he likes Joondalup golf course and had a sense he was playing on the Tuesday beofore the show and was right! (he got a wrap and a pepsi for lunch hehe) also found out they left at 5pm wednesday afternoon for NZ.
but i respect his privacy and wasnt about to go stalking nor would i approach him if i did see him

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Master Shake wrote:but i respect his privacy and wasnt about to go stalking nor would i approach him if i did see him
Yea, it's a fine line. I would not be comfortable staking out a hotel, that just seems to be a little much. To me, that's home away from home. If you happen to be staying there and run into him in the lobby, that's different.

If I ran into Alice In public, I would be very respectful and wait for a good opportunity whereby I'm not interrupting anything. I also would not want to interrupt them in the middle of a meal, either.

I've heard a lot of great stories about Alice being very nice when meeting fans in public, though.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Master Shake wrote:but i respect his privacy and wasnt about to go stalking nor would i approach him if i did see him
That's very courteous and very respectful of you.

Alice knows that when he goes out on to public on his own that people will recognize him, ask him for autographs. I believe he's even said something to the extent that when he goes out to the public that he doesn't refuse autographs, etc., because the public "made him" or something similar. So he is courteous in that regard.

However, and I can only speak for myself here, it would be a judgment call. If he is out with his wife & kids, I wouldn't bother him. That's his personal family time and if he's constantly interrupted then that is not only discourteous to him but to his family as well. If he's eating, I wouldn't bother him. Same thing.

Now, if he's at a mall by himself or something lounging around and doesn't seem to be in any huge hurry, only then would I consider approaching him. Do it calmly and respectably. Don't be all nuts. He's a person too. Introduce yourself, say what you want to say or ask what you want to ask. If he's down for a small chat then even better. But try not to take up too much of his time. Shake his hand and thank him for his time and walk off. You'll have a memory of a life time.
Me = Winning

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Not that i will get the chance to meet Alice, but what if he is shopping with Calico? Approach or not, after all, that is his family time still.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:46 pm

In Auckland he was out shopping with Calico and Sheryl was also there.

Listening to the girl that rang the radio, all 3 of them were really nice and more than willing to have a chat :grin:

Master Shake
Killer
Killer

Post by Master Shake » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Yeah I suppose there may be times where it might look alright to approach him and Ive also heard he is more than happy to be approached/give autographs its just not something im into personally (possibly because I like and respect privacy myself so much)
I was actually shocked when I was looking for photos of the Perth gig and found all these photos of him arriving at his hotel with Calico and him on the Golf course (although some more professional looking, some in the bushes)
there was also an article linked to the main site about a shopper in Perth not knowing what to do so he just whispered in his ear haha

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:47 pm

A few years back Alice and Calico came in shopping at our little mall here on the seacoast of NH and were recognized by very few people. For those that did approach (very few I am told) Alice was very accommodating. Personally I think I would still have trouble interrupting his family time.

It (although he DOES appreciate the fans) has got to be very frustrating at times.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

18ForBritainOnly
Killer
Killer

Post by 18ForBritainOnly » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:I have CRAP for luck with that. I've actually been at the same hotel more than once, and each time have found out that I've missed him by less than 5 minutes each time in the lobby,
That's terrible anguish! *brick*

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:08 am

TonyfromNH wrote:For those that did approach (very few I am told) Alice was very accommodating.
By all accounts, Alice always is. If there is one thing that no one can say about Alice is that he is an ass to fans or people in general (oh, well okay except for that one person who made a whole YouTube video whining that Alice didn't tip her at the hotel.)

However, there are some people (I'm talking about from here all the way down the line to any level of fandom) who would be absolutely selfish as to interrupt Alice's private time and not give any careful regard to his family because it's "all about them." Especially if it's something Alice has encountered all day. I'm not saying anyone in this thread would, etc. And I'm sure his family will be nice to people if they come up. But still.

Of course, I am not a spokesperson for the Coopers in the slightest and can't advise others on what to do. I am only speaking on what *I* would do in a situation like that and how I personally view the situation, and it's been a situation I've found myself in (not with Alice though.) Of course as I mentioned earlier, Alice and his family are fully aware of what will happen in public but I'm sure in some instances it doesn't make it any less annoying (depending on the person.) Someone can do what they want to do, not up to me.
Me = Winning

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 am

I've had the opportunity to meet him officially once and got some stuff signed so I'd leave him alone if I had seen him in public. But the search is half the fun.

If I have one suggestion it would be to check out the local malls. I live in a hick little town and sure enough he was spotted no place other then Wal-Mart. I was at the same mall looking for him but missed him; some lucky girl was lucky enough to spot him out.