It is if you can a reply out of them.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Question about VIP Packages

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Will someone with the VIP package please ask the $500.00 question,why have you blanked Along Came A Spider on this tour so far,apart from 1 track,despite all the hype over the last 12 months,if the reply is "You have to play the hits",ask for a refund !.
It must be true A_Michael said so

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:36 pm

i don't believe i have seen/heard any hype about an 'along came a spider' tour.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Rob wrote:Will someone with the VIP package please ask the $500.00 question,why have you blanked Along Came A Spider on this tour so far,apart from 1 track,despite all the hype over the last 12 months,if the reply is "You have to play the hits",ask for a refund !.
"You have to play the hits" would more than likely be the answer that comes out of his mouth but in reality he would be thinking that the ACAS material is just not strong enough to put on the stage. That record had a great concept behind it but the songs are just flat out weak.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:43 pm

My friend who ran into Alice at the golf course... in his brief encounter... told Alice that he liked ACAS and while he loved the current show wouldn't mind seeing some other songs in the set from ACAS.

If I'm paraphrasing correctly, and I believe I am, Alice told him that the show would be evolving over time and they would likely be adding some other newer stuff later on.

Take that for what it's worth...
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:44 pm

mattcoddington wrote:i don't believe i have seen/heard any hype about an 'along came a spider' tour.
I`m not talking about an Along Came A Spider tour,just supporting its release by including some of it in this current setlist.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Rob wrote:I`m not talking about an Along Came A Spider tour,just supporting its release by including some of it in this current setlist.
true album support would have been last year. however, that doesn't mean alice won't be adding a few surprises here and there.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:My friend who ran into Alice at the golf course... in his brief encounter... told Alice that he liked ACAS and while he loved the current show wouldn't mind seeing some other songs in the set from ACAS.

If I'm paraphrasing correctly, and I believe I am, Alice told him that the show would be evolving over time and they would likely be adding some other newer stuff later on.

i believe the goal this tour is to keep everyone on their toes. we'll see how that pans out.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Keeping everyone on their toes ?,so what have the past tours in 2006,2007 & 2008 been about ?.I`ve been on my toes for so long i am now the Pretty Ballerina ( maybe not so pretty )
Last edited by Rob on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:22 pm

2006 was the eyes of dirty diamonds/dirty diamonds tours. 2007 and 2008 were psycho drama.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Rob wrote:Keeping everyone on their toes ?

The "Theatre of Death" show is a whole new show...that's how.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:54 am

mattcoddington wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:My friend who ran into Alice at the golf course... in his brief encounter... told Alice that he liked ACAS and while he loved the current show wouldn't mind seeing some other songs in the set from ACAS.

i believe the goal this tour is to keep everyone on their toes. we'll see how that pans out.
Will I ever get "Hard Hearted Alice" to replace "I Never
Cry." Or even "Six Hours" Love that song

Gotta ask..

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:29 am

I've had the pleasure of working with creative people. A lot of them. I let them 'do what they do'...and I enjoy what they 'show/give' me.

"Demands" on "creativity" go nowhere.

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:38 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:It is if you can a reply out of them.
see what you mean now...
still don't have a reply :/

ah well, this morning I bought a regular ticket, so I'll be saving up money for the VIP upgrade :)
if I don't have enough money in the end or if it's sold out very quickly... then I'll still go to the show ^^ just without being VIP
The sanest days are mad.

mac_534
Trash
Trash

Post by mac_534 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 pm

I've been reading this thread with interest and the criticisms of those who pay for VIP packages. I did a VIP package with my wife the last time they were available in the UK and I have to say that we had an amazing night. TBH Alice hasn't played Northern Ireland since 1989 and he rarely plays Southern Ireland so I find the comment made about 'doing legwork' ridiculous. Everytime I go to see Alice I have to fly somewhere else that I'm unfamiliar with and to try to find Alice in that particular place would be near impossible for me, thats why I decided last time to do the package and it was well worth it for me.

Regarding this tour, I'm doing the VIP package in Notts as it was £188, equating to approx $318. Kinda expensive I know, but a lot cheaper than some of the other UK cities. It made sense as it only costs £30 for my flight to East Mids from Belfast. For me it was the only choice to make, I'll be able to fly over and make my way to the show leisurely knowing that I am seated in the front row and will get to meet Alice again after the show. I realise that I'm fortunate in the fact that the cost isn't a big issue for me at the moment, another reason I'm happy to pay for the package.I also have no time to run around different cities looking to find Alice, a wife and 2 kids and other committments make that an impossibility, if anyone finds this 'kinda cheap' I personally don't really care, it won't ruin my night...
Got a synthetic face, got some scars and a brace...

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:24 am

alright folks, I got one more question which is very important

I read about the pick-up-your-VIP-package-rules and it says you have to bring your ID, and the credit card which you purchased the tickets.

Because I don't have a credit card, I can use my parents' credit card. what if I pick up my tickets and show them my ID + my parents' credit card? is that ok?
The sanest days are mad.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:53 am

I would advise checking with the box office of the venue you'll be going to, since they'll be the ones handing over the tickets on the day. Usually, a signed statement from the card holder authorising you to pick up the tickets (also helps if it includes detail of the show you're attending) is ok and then you'll need to take along some photo ID to prove that you're the person that the card holder is referencing in the authorization statement.

That said, each venue can have it's own rules, so definitely check with them.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 am

I'll take everything with me then, a conformation e-mail, maybe even a letter from my parents :D

ah well, it's december... means I got some time to fix it :D
The sanest days are mad.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:04 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Not for nothing but judging from the current set list and some moderate costume changes this is the exact same show Alice has been doing for about a decade now....just sayin'

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Parish wrote:
glamprincess wrote:
Not for nothing but judging from the current set list and some moderate costume changes this is the exact same show Alice has been doing for about a decade now....just sayin'
Well, judging the show solely by a text list of the songs is sure as heck not going to give you ANY clear idea of what this show LOOKS like. Some of these songs are performed and shown much differently than before, and it all goes together extremely well.

And interestingly enough, reading some of the reviews that Si has linked to...the casual fans are sad that things such as "Lost in America" and "Feed My Frankenstein" are gone, and are referring to the same set list as you going "man! he hasn't done some of this in years!" Personally, I think it's got what the casual fan is looking for, and a new twist/theatrics/flow/visuals for the hard core fan.

I have yet to talk to anyone in person at the shows I've been to that didn't :HEART: this show! :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!