Bonus Tracks

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:54 am

I was going to say the same! Nice avatar!

I bought the bonus tracks yesterday and burned them on a disc. But I must say I am with Nev, I'd rather by a special edition cd rather than this "half hearted" method.
I hope for a jewel case release anyway, my digipack is not really closing properly (the edges are slanted?)

I only installed iTunes recently because I bought an iPod, but I am not a big fan of it. And I also find it a bit extreme that people who don't want to install iTunes won't be able to buy the extras.. at least not now?

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:00 pm

If you are using windows, set a system restore point, install iTunes, download the bonus tracks and then run a system restore. This will erase iTunes and all registry entries, but will still leave the bonus tracks on your hard drive.

As an extra measure, burn them to a CD or stick them on a flash drive before running the restore.

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:36 pm

how can i , take out a firewall, blocking my itunes store ?

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:54 pm

iTunes is brutal with spyware and adware. I've also read that its a data miner.
This is why Ill never install it.
If you use software like Zonelabs - Zonealarm, you can block its access but I wouldn't trust it to prevent any data from being snuck in or out. Plus then you can't DL any tunes if access is blocked. Unless you mean how to turn it off. Then in that case there should be a complete shutdown of the firewall in your system tray or windows control panel under firewall.
-=Remember the Coop=-

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:01 pm

The thing that pissed me off about Bonus tracks, is that record companies want that people buy cds, but they put the rare stuff, only for people with a computer, (generally the same people that download stuff illegaly). I don't care to pay 3$ for 3 songs of alice , but make it easy to do, or release the album on cd with the 3 bonus tracks and add 3$ to price tag

If you are a hungry rock n roll fan now you got to have a good computer and a good connection.... I miss the old days, of buying the single cd/casette to the store 1 month before the release with bonus tracks

I'm not a master of Computer and because of that ,and can't listen to some songs from my favorite singer. What a generation

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Yeah bring back the singles.
-=Remember the Coop=-