Love Hope Strength Foundation

Sell and buy Alice related stuff. NO BOOTLEGS SALES

Moderators: Si, Gorehound, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

Post Reply
marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Guys, first time poster here, I've been visiting the forum for years but have never plucked up courage to post.

Along with two of my kids I'm involved funraising for the "Love Hope Strength" Cancer foundation which is a charity set up and run by two times survivor Mike Peters of the Alarm and Big Country. There is a sponsored walk to the highest gig in Britain at the top of Ben Nevis on 7 September (details can be found via http://www.lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/

As part of our fundraising my kids have been donating games, CD's and DVD's which are being sold via local car boot sales and e-bay. Driven by their enthisiasm I have looked closely at my own music collection and have a super piece of Alice material that may appeal to fans. I will post on e-bay if need be but thought I'd give diehards first choice and can guarantee that 100% of any sale will go to LHS.

I first saw Alice perform "live" at the Glasgow Apollo on 19/02/82 during the "Special Forces" tour. I bought a programme, scarf and a button badge and later bought a set of 80 professional photographs taken at the gig. I cant recall where I bought the pictures but it was in response to an advert in the "Sounds." I later put all the pictures in an album along with my ticket stub, concert reviews from the press and various other bits and pieces of news cut out of papers/magazines.

This is a unique piece of my collection and I am not offering it up lightly. I have never missed a Cooper tour since 1982 and have had the pleasure of meeting Alice on two occassions since and have a number of autographs/photo's etc.

Its hard putting a value on this material as its particularly personal to me but if anybody is interested in making a sensible offer please get in touch. Can I reiterate that every penny raised will go into our LHS fund raising campaign and I will be able to provide proof of this in due course.

I also did something similar after the 1988 "Live in the Flesh" tour and again after the "Nightmare Returns" tour any will consider any offers for these albums as well.

Thanks/regards
Mickey

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3410
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by Si » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 pm

marbles wrote: and later bought a set of 80 professional photographs taken at the gig. I cant recall where I bought the pictures but it was in response to an advert in the "Sounds."
Mickey
These would probably be the 'Pete Still Photography' photos. I have them as well (there may even be a couple on the site somewhere). They are very good professional shots.

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Si wrote:
marbles wrote: and later bought a set of 80 professional photographs taken at the gig. I cant recall where I bought the pictures but it was in response to an advert in the "Sounds."
Mickey
These would probably be the 'Pete Still Photography' photos. I have them as well (there may even be a couple on the site somewhere). They are very good professional shots.
That rings a bell Si thanks, yes brilliant photo's and a great reminder of a super gig. If it is of any help I can send pictures of the articles to any interested party.

User avatar
ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:12 pm

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm

marbles wrote:Hi Guys, first time poster here, I've been visiting the forum for years but have never plucked up courage to post.

Along with two of my kids I'm involved funraising for the "Love Hope Strength" Cancer foundation which is a charity set up and run by two times survivor Mike Peters of the Alarm and Big Country. There is a sponsored walk to the highest gig in Britain at the top of Ben Nevis on 7 September (details can be found via http://www.lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/

Thanks/regards
Mickey
Love Hope Strength is a pretty amazing organzation.

When they did their Everest Rocks climb, 100% of the proceeds went to a hospital focusing on cancer patients in Nepal.

Mike Peters and James Chippendale really have their heart in the right place.

(Also, Mike Peters, of The Alarm is still making some fantastic music).

Looking forward to checking out your auction and possibly supporting this great cause in this way.

All the best to you and please keep all of us updated.

~Cheers, RGLT
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Further information can be found via

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121068791371? ... 1555.l2649

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:39 pm

This article has now been sold - thanks to everybody who got in touch and contributed. I have some other Alice bundles that I will be selling over the next few weeks for this great charity and I will post links here if thats all right. Cheers.

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 am

Another tour bundle for sale to raise funds for this great charity. Check out the "Nightmare Returns" bundle via;


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121077152092? ... 1555.l2649


There will be another two or three great bundles coming out over the next few weeks!

Regards

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:13 am

marbles wrote:Another tour bundle for sale to raise funds for this great charity. Check out the "Nightmare Returns" bundle via;


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121077152092? ... 1555.l2649


There will be another two or three great bundles coming out over the next few weeks!

Regards
This bundle has now been sold - thanks again for the support.

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:13 am

marbles wrote:Another tour bundle for sale to raise funds for this great charity. Check out the "Nightmare Returns" bundle via;


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121077152092? ... 1555.l2649


There will be another two or three great bundles coming out over the next few weeks!

Regards
This bundle has now been sold - thanks again for the support.

marbles
Trash
Trash
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Love Hope Strength Foundation

Post by marbles » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:13 am

marbles wrote:Another tour bundle for sale to raise funds for this great charity. Check out the "Nightmare Returns" bundle via;


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121077152092? ... 1555.l2649


There will be another two or three great bundles coming out over the next few weeks!

Regards
This bundle has now been sold - thanks again for the support.

Post Reply