Social Debris

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Social Debris

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:57 pm

I understand Dragontown, but the thing is I feel she should be given the opportunity. I loved her solo record. Let's also remember that it was an instrumental album. Her new one coming up later this year is going to have vocals on a few songs and the other members of the current touring band have done a lot of recording on their own. Roxie's last solo album was great and he has recorded some other great stuff. Tommy knows what he is doing. Glen has played on some great albums and so has Chuck. Chuck's stuff with Beasto Blanco is outstanding. I have no doubts Nita would do an outstanding job as well and should be given that opportunity.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:55 pm

I would really like to see another album with Ryan and Chuck in the mix, because Eyes and Dirty Diamonds to a lesser extent are the last two albums I like at least half of and feel the production is even tolerable on. Unless the rest of Detroit Stories is stellar, I’d say that between the last four albums and the Hollywood Vampires), there is about 10 songs that I consider worthwhile, and they could all use a non-Ezrin remix.

With that said, I am skeptical of the touring band making a good album. I would like an album that leans into the classic rock and power-pop direction that Ryan is stellar at writing, but I feel with Nita and Tommy in the mix, it would go much more in the modern rock and metal realm, and I don’t have any desire to see Alice turn into a faceless musician chasing current trends like he did from his return in the mid 80s to Hey Stoopid (at least it was better than Trash) again.

I also do understand the comfort in returning to Ezrin which brings decent label support and more professional, albeit still mediocre, production after the well of resources had dried up which ultimately led to working with two no-name producers for the abysmal Spider album. I don’t feel like Ezrin has really led Alice to some late career revitalization like others do though.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:29 am

thanks for the link to the Noise 11 interview(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYoNXX-Y7ZI )

so much explanation on this new record , and much more ( the role of Bob Ezrin in AC.. and the abscence of Bob as a partial explanation why Muscle of Love wasn't the album it could have been ...)
and all told by Alice himself... : what is more to wish for ?
you really wouldn't understand..

Dragontown
Trash
Trash

Post by Dragontown » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 am

I'm not loving the sound production I heard so far ( and like many of you, I will skip the cover songs from the tracklist, main reason why HV is not really my thing), but still think it will be cool to have another different record by the man.
To be honest, I loved ACTS..I think it was a good effort in being focused, unlike the WTMN2 which was a mess

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Dragontown wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 am
I'm not loving the sound production I heard so far ( and like many of you, I will skip the cover songs from the tracklist, main reason why HV is not really my thing), but still think it will be cool to have another different record by the man.
To be honest, I loved ACTS..I think it was a good effort in being focused, unlike the WTMN2 which was a mess
While I think Detroit Stories sounds more tolerable Ezrin’s production on Paranormal, it doesn’t thrill me, but he does bring consistency and familiarity to Alice compared to the inconsistent situation he was in during the early 2000s.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:55 pm

I really, really enjoyed the "Breadcrumbs" EP... more so than anything Alice has done since probably TEOAC.

The DS tracks I've heard so far sound similarly enjoyable... and the preview video released today has me even more excited.

I really think this style/sound suits Alice well at this point in his career. It's a departure, but a good one.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Listening to the previews of each of the songs, I think the album will work better in the full context than any of the singles did, but it still sounds like it will fall short of everything he's done over the last 40ish years.

From what I've heard (which obviously isn't everything), the only part that actually sounds like modern Alice is the chorus to Hanging By a Thread.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 pm

For those of you wanting to know a little bit more about Steven Crayns contribution:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebalti ... 0b86d3a825

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 pm
For those of you wanting to know a little bit more about Steven Crayns contribution:

Good article.
Crayns contribution gets a whole answer from AC! :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm
pitkin88 wrote:

Good article.
Yeah, but forgive me if I'm wrong but Steven isn't Irish (he's from London) and didn't learn to play by listening to the first two albums! So much of the story isn't actually true, unless that's what Steven told him!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. I'm sure the gist of it was right.

Imagine first two albums Glen being your role model!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:14 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:52 pm
Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm
pitkin88 wrote:

Good article.
Yeah, but forgive me if I'm wrong but Steven isn't Irish (he's from London) and didn't learn to play by listening to the first two albums! So much of the story isn't actually true, unless that's what Steven told him!!
Things get lost in translation i never told anybody anything.

Bob Ezrin wanted a Glen Buxton type solo on the album and invited me to play on the track for which i’m extremely grateful!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks for the update Steven!
You did a wonderful job. :clap:
:rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:27 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:14 pm
Si wrote:
I assumed as much. Just a good story for the press.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:41 am

Si wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:27 pm
steven_crayn wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:14 pm
Si wrote:
I assumed as much. Just a good story for the press.
And Pitikin88 who believed the gist if it to be true and that Steven was from Detroit