Overdue a biopic?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tommycooper
Trash
Trash

Overdue a biopic?

Post by tommycooper » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 am

Story on the BBC today that Danny Boyle is to direct a high profile TV drama series about the Sex Pistols.

Story goes on to point out that “the film and TV industry is snapping up the rights to all sorts of musicians’ life stories” and continues with a list that includes Shep’s client the late Teddy Pendergrass.

Why do you think Alice is being ignored, aside from low budget documentaries? Most people I know, even if they don’t like his music, think he’s led a pretty interesting life!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Overdue a biopic?

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:18 pm

Maybe because Alice doesnt seem to like much/any information of his drugged up days (i can only guess because it would conflict with the image of the perfect family man he likes to push) aside from that potential area he appears quite dull as a person who watches tv allot. (not exactly riveting for film goers), i'm only guessing tho.

PFOLGORE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PFOLGORE » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 am

I think the struggles and dynamics of the original band make a compelling story and Alice’s redemption with the success of WTMN.

However, I think most of the band members walk on eggshells though not wanting to offend Alice, Bob Ezrin or each other. I don’t think an objective story of the band could be told that would capture the drama of it all. Dennis glossed over and sugar coated things in his book. Alice prefers to throw names around of all the legends he was friends with back in the day, but never really talks frankly about the demise of the original group.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:18 pm

:rotfl: :rotfl: Can Michael Bruce be included in the next ''biopic''? :rotfl: :rotfl:
What you want and what you get are two different things

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 am

Cold Room wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:18 pm
:rotfl: :rotfl: Can Michael Bruce be included in the next ''biopic''? :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ask Roxie... I think he has a "current" contact #. :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 am

PFOLGORE wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 am
Alice prefers to throw names around of all the legends he was friends with back in the day, but never really talks frankly about the demise of the original group.
Frankly, very few would care to hear Alice's version of the bands demise. Alice is an OK individual, but with all the embellishments, exaggerations, half-truths, and fantasies he has added to his "Life-Story", I wouldn't believe a word he said. I would be interested in locking Alice and Shep in separate rooms and have them dictate their personal views of how the band dissolved and then compare the two....but I still wouldn't believe 99% of either story.

There was a band called Alice Cooper....then there was a MAN called Alice Cooper...The End. :yawn:

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:58 am

I think if there is ever going to be a biopic about Alice Cooper, it would be about the man that covers the ACG as well as Alice solo. The ACG had 5 albums... the biopic about "Alice Cooper " would count nearly 30 albums...
there was already Super Duper..
The only persons interested in the story about the ACG are here ....and even then...
you really wouldn't understand..

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:02 pm

7 ACG albums....and it would be interesting to see how many those 7 albums sold combined, compared to the other 23 (roughly) combined

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm

It would be like a bio-pic of Keith Moon - so far-fetched most people wouldn't believe it!
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 pm

patrick wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:58 am
The only persons interested in the story about the ACG are here ....and even then...
LMAO....good one. :rotfl: (Andy Michael must have fainted when he read that)

Open your world young man........the 'Glen Buxton Shiny Dime' awaits you. :laugh:

Oh, my sides are still hurting from laughter.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 pm
patrick wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:58 am
LMAO....good one. :rotfl: (Andy Michael must have fainted when he read that)

Open your world young man........the 'Glen Buxton Shiny Dime' awaits you. :laugh:

Oh, my sides are still hurting from laughter.
R.I.P., Guitar Hero. :HEART:

SpacedOutAce
Trash
Trash

Post by SpacedOutAce » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:18 pm
Maybe because Alice doesnt seem to like much/any information of his drugged up days (i can only guess because it would conflict with the image of the perfect family man he likes to push) aside from that potential area he appears quite dull as a person who watches tv allot. (not exactly riveting for film goers), i'm only guessing tho.
I think showing how you can rebuild yourself regardless of how messed up you get if you put in the work. A redemption story, of sorts. I understand why he doesn't want to talk much about that period, likely because he is ashamed, but I believe it could be helpful for people that might be in similar situations. Just my opinion, though.

SpacedOutAce
Trash
Trash

Post by SpacedOutAce » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 pm

suziginajackson wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm
It would be like a bio-pic of Keith Moon - so far-fetched most people wouldn't believe it!
In my opinion, the best way, perhaps, to present an Alice Cooper bio pic or facsimile thereof, would be to have Alice as a sort of Cryptkeeper, and present it as an anthology horror film.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 pm

SpacedOutAce wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:14 pm
Saint&Sinner wrote:
I think showing how you can rebuild yourself regardless of how messed up you get if you put in the work. A redemption story, of sorts. I understand why he doesn't want to talk much about that period, likely because he is ashamed, but I believe it could be helpful for people that might be in similar situations. Just my opinion, though.
That's why they have N.A. & A.A.
If you need a celebrity to give you that "extra" nudge you truly haven't hit "Rock Bottom".
The info is out there. AC doesn't need to give any more "details". He's opened up plenty. That's why he's taken to calling it his "Blackout Period". If you need help contact your local health service.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

SpacedOutAce
Trash
Trash

Post by SpacedOutAce » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 pm
SpacedOutAce wrote:
Saint&Sinner wrote:
That's why they have N.A. & A.A.
If you need a celebrity to give you that "extra" nudge you truly haven't hit "Rock Bottom".
The info is out there. AC doesn't need to give any more "details". He's opened up plenty. That's why he's taken to calling it his "Blackout Period". If you need help contact your local health service.
Fair enough. I can hardly stand sugary stuff at this point, as it is typically so sweet it is gross, so I don't need any help. I just thought it might be helpful for others.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 pm

SpacedOutAce wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 pm
suziginajackson wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm
In my opinion, the best way, perhaps, to present an Alice Cooper bio pic or facsimile thereof, would be to have Alice as a sort of Cryptkeeper, and present it as an anthology horror film.
Cryptkeeper :HEART:

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:33 pm

SpacedOutAce wrote:
Saint&Sinner wrote:
There's nothing to be ashamed of. All bands, at the time, were living the rock style life. Sex, drugs and rock and roll. A good biopic would include the musical achievements, a little bit of personal life and a lot of rock style life. No sugar coating, the real thing.
Viewing for 18+ only. Give the Romans what they want, games and blood on the sand. That would be for the ACG part, for the solo part, more musical and social achievements, how he managed to be rock star for so long, etc...