Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

An Alice Cooper vinyl box set

Post by rgallie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 am

Who would buy one?

Ozzy did a great one, no tat, all the albums and a signature (not auto penned like his last album) in a nice box.
Cost a few quid but it is one of the best box sets I have seen.

So who would buy an Alice vinyl box with every official Studio and live release and what would you pay?
I think the ACG and solo stuff would need to be 2 boxes. You would not include HV, Alice does Alice or the life and crimes.

Add a signed art card (A LOT of bands are now doing this anyway wi general album releases)

All in easily £1000.
A lot for anyone to stump up and maybe makes it unviable but could offer 0% finance options.

Of course I don't know if it would even be possible with Alice having signed to various labels over the years would different parties hold different rights?

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: An Alice Cooper vinyl box set

Post by patrick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:44 am

oeps, 1000 pounds..
guess a lot of us have all the vinyl records from the beginning at least, problably doubled everything on cd later on ...
I bought the Astroturf and the Glasgow record with pleasure , but I don't think I would triple my vinyls now...
Could not even say approximately how many versions of NMMNG e.g. I have in all :) ..
you really wouldn't understand..

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:36 pm

If it was split into 2 boxes as rgallie suggests, I might be interested in the ACG box if it contained the original issues of each album w/all of the extras (i.e. panties, billion dollar bill). The price would have to be right too, though.

Ted

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:07 pm

A thousand pounds seeems a little on the high side, maybe £800.
Studio and live releases of course
Based on other box sets ive seen that seems about right.

But yeah splitting them would be the way and the ACG box would come in a fair bit cheaper.

I have almost everything on CD and am only just building up a Vinyl collection so it would be a no brainer for me....on a side note I picked up the Apollo vinyl today

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 pm

A £1000? nope. not even accidentally.
I wouldn't mind buying a CD box set if it was made worthwhile (ie demos, B-sides, unreleased tracks, live shows etc) but i am not interested in vinyl for the sake of it. Just to get everything on 180g, just not a worth while investment for me. Especially at a ludicrous price tag like that. the most i would pay for a purely vinyl box would be £300 and that wouldnt give them the profit and when you go above that , you are just playing to the real hardcore and scalpers.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 pm
...I wouldn't mind buying a CD box set if it was made worthwhile (ie demos, B-sides, unreleased tracks, live shows etc)...
IMO a CD box set with the extras listed above would likely be even better, however, it's a question of whether or not there's enough material that hasn't yet been officially released to make such a box worthwhile.

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:55 pm

I am not going to buy everything again so it's a no!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:05 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:55 pm
I am not going to buy everything again so it's a no!
When Cd's were introduced over 30 yrs. ago. I made a promise to myself that I would not get a digital copy when I had the vinyl already. Warts & all, a used Lp has your signature on it also. I don't mind a pop here & there when it sticks, however... :devil: I'll agree that I'm not going backwards to get something that may or may not have extras & more pristine for a "Needle Drop". Bonus material is always welcome - Open the vaults! :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:37 am

I would buy the first (ACG) box but they had to make it worth it (more live stuff - songs /concert - signatures etc). And I would be very happy if they include all the rare stuff from the previous boxes.
Add a book to it and I'm on. No need for pins/coasters/posters etc.
There should be no need to make it too expensive.

But we know that the current WB and Alice's managment are not interested.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 am

Got all the copies and versions I need and as I stream 95% of the time I don't need to buy what would effectively be an ornament.

If I am going to drop another £1k on Alice it will be on new material and gigs.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:43 am

i binned vinyl decades ago, i get pretty narked when every limited edition just seems to be out on vinyl. i've got all the Cooper albums so it would need to be something special to fork out on a set of the same, even if the price was just £10 - i don't see the point on have the space for the needless clutter of duplicates. a box of vinyl would be a "no" no matter what the price, it would just be a dust-gatherer. i'd prefer a book, something the size and quality of Kisstory, signed by Alice and as many band members as possible. the amount of history Coop has w/ visual impact, in product/merchandise/advertising art, the stage shows, the props etc etc, could make a phenomenal coffee table book.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:43 am
i binned vinyl decades ago, i get pretty narked when every limited edition just seems to be out on vinyl. i've got all the Cooper albums so it would need to be something special to fork out on a set of the same, even if the price was just £10 - i don't see the point on have the space for the needless clutter of duplicates. a box of vinyl would be a "no" no matter what the price, it would just be a dust-gatherer. i'd prefer a book, something the size and quality of Kisstory, signed by Alice and as many band members as possible. the amount of history Coop has w/ visual impact, in product/merchandise/advertising art, the stage shows, the props etc etc, could make a phenomenal coffee table book.
That would be an AWESOME Book!
"I need everything the world owes me..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:07 pm

A book is a great idea, especially if the cover is as visually stunning as the covers of "Detroit Stories" and "Paranormal".

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:30 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:07 pm
A book is a great idea, especially if the cover is as visually stunning as the covers of "Detroit Stories" and "Paranormal".
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Damn my thoughts have back fired

If there is no big interest for a big vinyl box or 2 here then I guess it will never happen.

Although interesting to see a couple of shouts for an ACG box, I think that could be financially viable from both a consumer and marketing point of view as well.

As for that book, put whatever cheap jacket on it you like but would the main hardcover be bound in leather or snakeskin? :rotfl:

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:01 am

What did the trick with Ozzy's vinyl box set is that thee were Demos and b-sides, and also some of those were out of print, so impossible to get.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 am

The initial Old School release cost me a bundle, and initially I thought they had done something pretty special so I didn't mind the price tag too much. But when I actually listened to the set, I realized I had been sold a bill of goods once again. I decided that was it. I am not shelling out for re-issues and vault releases without confirmation that it's previously unavailable and is of high sq. I never purchased any of the coloured vinyl reissues, nor the eps or cover albums. Last thing I bought was the Astroturf record and should be taking delivery of the Glasgow show. Those items are worth something. More reissues no thank you. But hey I'm just a fan going back 45 years or so - what do I know.

Hey how about a double live record from the MoL tour or an Easy Action show That's worthwhile - the rest? Well to each his own I guess.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:55 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 am
Hey how about a double live record from the MoL tour or an Easy Action show That's worthwhile
I would support the release of both of the above; one potential issue with the latter is that there weren't really any 'Easy Action shows' per se as the album was rushed, and around the time of it's release the Group was already writing and performing songs live that would appear on their next album, LITD.

Ted

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:14 pm

I still find it amazing the bands that get the deluxe reissue treatment (like marrilion, tears for fears, king crimson etc) but alice has nothing. his albums are reissued regularly under many little labels with "limited coloured vinyl" , "special digi packs" and the like, but we never get a proper package with demos/live tracks or shows etc. Baffles me no end.
As mentioned previously i am more interested in his mid 80s period onward (lots more demos etc), but still would buy the 70s/blackout stuff if it was worthwhile.
Gimmie something with appeal and i am there, just reissue albums in pretty vinyl colours, nope.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:55 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:14 pm
I still find it amazing the bands that get the deluxe reissue treatment (like marrilion, tears for fears, king crimson etc) but alice has nothing. his albums are reissued regularly under many little labels with "limited coloured vinyl" , "special digi packs" and the like, but we never get a proper package with demos/live tracks or shows etc. Baffles me no end.
As mentioned previously i am more interested in his mid 80s period onward (lots more demos etc), but still would buy the 70s/blackout stuff if it was worthwhile.
Gimmie something with appeal and i am there, just reissue albums in pretty vinyl colours, nope.
We did get the B$B deluxe edition. That was good now let's do it for every album.