An Alice Cooper vinyl box set

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: An Alice Cooper vinyl box set

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:04 pm

I watched an unboxing of the Ozzy one and then similar for the Sabbath box. The presentation does look sexy, although the posters seem like an unnecessary inclusion, who's going to put those up?

It swung me from an absolutely not to someone who would consider it for a good quality original group box. However, it would have to have some juicy vinyl extras along with the originals and, even then, I doubt I could justify going much further than about £250.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:14 pm

rgallie wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:12 pm
Damn my thoughts have back fired

If there is no big interest for a big vinyl box or 2 here then I guess it will never happen.

Although interesting to see a couple of shouts for an ACG box, I think that could be financially viable from both a consumer and marketing point of view as well.

As for that book, put whatever cheap jacket on it you like but would the main hardcover be bound in leather or snakeskin? :rotfl:
It's not a bad idea, but there are "buts." The only album not released on vinyl recently is School's Out. At this point, I gotta believe that they are planning on a big 50th Anniversary release of that album. Then, you get BDB and WTMV coming up within 5 years. I do hope that they are taking these milestones seriously. I'd rather see them spend time and money doing them right, than a box set of albums which are already in hand, or are easily bought online.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:14 pm
It's not a bad idea, but there are "buts." The only album not released on vinyl recently is School's Out.
Think I saw that is due from Friday Music(?) in the next few months, with a repro desk cover...

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:19 pm
Dannorama wrote:
It's not a bad idea, but there are "buts." The only album not released on vinyl recently is School's Out.
Think I saw that is due from Friday Music(?) in the next few months, with a repro desk cover...
Yes Si you're right.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:34 pm

As someone who has all the vinyls apart from ACAS and W2MN this wouldn't be of interest... That's not true, it would be of HUGE interest but I couldn't justify it, not even to myself.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 pm

dadascot wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:34 pm
As someone who has all the vinyls apart from ACAS and W2MN this wouldn't be of interest... That's not true, it would be of HUGE interest but I couldn't justify it, not even to myself.
How come you don't have those two?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:09 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 pm
dadascot wrote:
I think I could hazard a guess

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:19 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Friday, huh? I hope that this is a pre-emptive cash grab by them, leading up to an expanded (box?) set from Rhino for the 50th. Friday Music put a vinyl School's Out out in 2009, and it sounds great. The cover is just a plain gatefold, with no extras. It makes me wonder if this new one will be the same mastering as that one with a new cover. I'm hoping that Rhino does this in a big way, with the same care that they've shown the other albums. Either way, that's good to know. Thanks, Si.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:51 am

I would be interested in the 2nd one but not at those prices.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:14 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:09 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 pm
dadascot wrote:
I think I could hazard a guess
Post of the day! Yes they are both bottom of the barrel but if you have everything else...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:17 am

Mega box was touted in the past when it was more feasable but I can't see it now. These things are pretty pointless anyway as they are so expensive you'd never play them. Besides you have to be wary of the mastering amongst other things. Better to seek out the originals rather than have this gather dust .

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:24 pm

Yeah just because I stopped being a completist, others have not.

I did buy 1 of the re-issues. Greatest Hits because oddly enough, I only had GH on cassette never had it on vinyl, so I splurged but have not bought any of the coloured vinyl re-issues or anything post Trash on vinyl except Paranormal (is that the title?) which I've listened to once.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:04 am

That takes me back TB!
I had L & W on 8-Track :bam: - bizarre to listen to because the major problem with 8-Track was the stingy
use of tape where a song would start, then fade out & fade back in on the next track.
Cassettes didn't take over until Dolby got on board to help that skinny tape.
If needed I had already replaced those needed from the used bins. My final vinyl was Constrictor. Until the last few years when I've bought the recent Ep's to add to the vinyl collection. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:16 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:17 am
Mega box was touted in the past when it was more feasable but I can't see it now. These things are pretty pointless anyway as they are so expensive you'd never play them. Besides you have to be wary of the mastering amongst other things. Better to seek out the originals rather than have this gather dust .
It might gather dust, but it's Star Dust.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:48 pm

rgallie wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 am
Who wo
All in easily £1000.
A lot for anyone to stump up and maybe makes it unviable but could offer 0% finance options.
Financing vinyl records? Times sure have changed. "And I laughed to myself at the men and the ladies who never conceived of us Billion Dollar Babies."
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:07 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:48 pm
rgallie wrote:
Who wo
All in easily £1000.
A lot for anyone to stump up and maybe makes it unviable but could offer 0% finance options.
Financing vinyl records? Times sure have changed. "And I laughed to myself at the men and the ladies who never conceived of us Billion Dollar Babies."
You should see what Gene Simmons charges for a box...but yeah Ozzy's box came with finance options as it was £500, other boxes i have seen with finance options...Suppose it gets more people buying which makes it more financially viable to pull off

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:14 pm

rgallie wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:07 pm
padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:48 pm
rgallie wrote:
Who wo
All in easily £1000.
You should see what Gene Simmons charges for a box...but yeah Ozzy's box came with finance options as it was £500, other boxes i have seen with finance options...Suppose it gets more people buying which makes it more financially viable to pull off
The Vault Experience videos on YouTube were interesting. $50,000. Only Gene would have the guts to pull that off. :)
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."