Killer
Killer

Re: Johnny Depp verdict

Post by Maaki » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:29 pm
forglasgowonly wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:24 pm
All his ex's stood up in court to defend his character which is incredible, when you think about it.
Actually I don't think they did appear in this specific case (could be wrong).
They DID offer to appear and they wrote personal statements, but in the end Depp's people didn't think they needed to call them to win, so they (the ex's) published their written statements themselves to show support for him.

I think that is very telling, both that Depp's team were SO sure they would win, and that the women still wanted to publicly help and support him when they could have quietly stayed out of it.
Add that to Heard's ex-partner who supposedly took out a restraining order against her for.... domestic abuse!
Yeah, I mean as far as the things that have been in the public - and damn there has been a lot - it's a clear cut case and JD has nothing to worry about. It is unfortunate that the ruling involves a lot of other things such as his status as a celebrity and therefore a public figure etc. than just the "did he do it?"

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:13 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:37 pm
Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:42 pm
From what I've seen & read Depp & Heard were both abusers.
However, in this day & time the courts are weighted in the account of the woman.
No man should hit a woman - ever! Walk away, distance yourselves, please.

What if they cut the tip of your thumb off?
Poor chap....his hitchhiking days are over.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:16 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:53 am
" I'll cut your thumb off little man ".
He's lucky he wasn't dating Lorena Bobbit. He'd have a lot more to worry about than thumbing a ride.