Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album cover

Post by Si » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 am

rgallie wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:27 am
I bet the torch puts a shadow of the eyes on the wall (like the cover)
I would presume so... if it doesn't they really missed something obvious!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 pm

I'll bet that Alice and company are enjoying this conversation. I love it when people bash my work. (This comment is not pointed at anyone - just picking up a lot of negativity amongst the fans.) I am into this. The first song hits me great. Can't wait.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 pm
I'll bet that Alice and company are enjoying this conversation. I love it when people bash my work. (This comment is not pointed at anyone - just picking up a lot of negativity amongst the fans.) I am into this. The first song hits me great. Can't wait.
Yip have to agree. I really like the first song. Not over produced, great vocals. Good solid garage rock. Bodes well for the album.

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:40 am

dadascot wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:06 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Yip have to agree. I really like the first song. Not over produced, great vocals. Good solid garage rock. Bodes well for the album.
Not Over produced? did we hear the same song? LOL

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Part of me agrees. I don't mind an what lies ahead musically. In fact I think I will really like this album as Breadcrumbs has been my favourite release since Brutal Planet. But then if the Alice camp really are reading this conversation then it is a 2 way deal. Reserving the Blu Ray for a £50 box set only release (with no word of it coming out stand alone or as a CD combi) is very naughty on the fans imo.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:17 pm

I'm not big on pre-ordering, I think it's just a way to test the waters to gauge interest.
Plus, a few dollars more to get it 1st (don't forget the extra $$$ for expedited shipping).
I waited until Breadcrumbs was released & got a German copy at a reasonable price.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:27 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:17 pm
I'm not big on pre-ordering, I think it's just a way to test the waters to gauge interest.
Plus, a few dollars more to get it 1st (don't forget the extra $$$ for expedited shipping).
I waited until Breadcrumbs was released & got a German copy at a reasonable price.
I don't mind pre-ordering, generally if it's direct from the record company. It generally ensures you get a copy of limited editions, and they make a little more from direct orders then from Amazon or other stores.
I've never had to pay "expedited shipping" to get it on release day and I don't really need that anyway (although normally it does arrive that day), just what is now normal postage/packing.
However I have deliberately stopped ordering anything from overseas now. The postage companies in the US and elsewhere now ask is more then the cost of the item you're ordering which is just stoopid. Did it a couple of times and then said enough is enough after getting stung for customs on top. Now I just wait until it turns up on AmazonUK or ebay and save a fortune even when paying a little more for the actual item.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 am

Postage has gone through the roof here. Surface mail is no more. If it wasn't urgent I would often send surface and 9 out of 10 times they would throw it on the plane and it would go airmail for half the price.
One way to avoid customs is have a friend here buy it and mark gift on the package. They can also under value the package or put used in the description.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:34 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:44 pm
I had a feeling Steven might go all Cray Crayon this if I responded. Maybe you need another cold beer me old mate. I don't even remember slagging off Neal but as Mr Barlow said that movie is beyond hideous and the Pop ( he left out the L ) album songs are almost as bad as the Thomas Cook holiday brochure album cover.

Being an Alice Cooper fan does not mean fawning over everything that gets put out. Pointing out how ridiculous it is for a 70 plus, long grey haired overweight man singing " She Was A Born Screamer " is a pretty valid statement.

If you actually take the time to read my posts you would know I am a big fan of the original fab 5. I gave the remaining three a lot of praise for Paranormal especially Dennis. I also liked Cold Cold Coffin.

Almost every post here has complained. Including our host. I guess I am just the hypocrite. Cooper fans come in more than 24 Colours and you can't box us all in by saying don't buy the coloured vinyls.
you are so full of it, you can’t even remember the personal attacks you made against Michael and Neal over their most recent works and the way you dissed Dennis and Reggie’s Suzy Q tribute. Your post was taken down so even the admins must have thought you’d overstepped the mark.

It’s nothing new from you of course, we saw how you abused Kane Roberts.

And i’m not your old mate, i can’t stand you.

And as for your mate Mr Barlow, like you he’s only happy when he’s slagging people off like his Desmond Child rant.

The fact remains the pair of you are a couple of bitter fools.

Those who can do, those who can’t can only criticise because they couldn’t do it themselves.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:59 am

maybe it's time to use the ignore button.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:48 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:34 am
pitkin88 wrote:
I had a feeling Steven might go all Cray Crayon this if I responded. Maybe you need another cold beer me old mate. I don't even remember slagging off Neal but as Mr Barlow said that movie is beyond hideous and the Pop ( he left out the L ) album songs are almost as bad as the Thomas Cook holiday brochure album cover.

Being an Alice Cooper fan does not mean fawning over everything that gets put out. Pointing out how ridiculous it is for a 70 plus, long grey haired overweight man singing " She Was A Born Screamer " is a pretty valid statement.

If you actually take the time to read my posts you would know I am a big fan of the original fab 5. I gave the remaining three a lot of praise for Paranormal especially Dennis. I also liked Cold Cold Coffin.

Almost every post here has complained. Including our host. I guess I am just the hypocrite. Cooper fans come in more than 24 Colours and you can't box us all in by saying don't buy the coloured vinyls.
you are so full of it, you can’t even remember the personal attacks you made against Michael and Neal over their most recent works and the way you dissed Dennis and Reggie’s Suzy Q tribute. Your post was taken down so even the admins must have thought you’d overstepped the mark.

And as for your mate Mr Barlow, like you he’s only happy when he’s slagging people off like his Desmond Child rant.

Those who can do, those who can’t can only criticise because they couldn’t do it themselves.
What a crock of.....beans!

It's called having an opinion. You may not like it..and that makes me happy.

I'm not one to grovel at the feet and rock stars or anyone else for that matter. There world is filled with arse kissers so I leave it to them to get a soiled nose.

These musicians put their music out for mass consumption...thereby opening it up for listening, discussion and criticism. When you serve up a steaming platter don't be surprised when it's described as such.

Everyone's tastes are different so if you like this kind of stuff all power to you.

As far as Desmond child is concerned...the guy is one of the most successful songwriters of the last 50 years, with many number one hits and the guy who brought Alice the album that enabled him to continue to this day. The thing is...i find all of it awful. All of it except the fact that the guy made millions of dollars and is still cashing the checks. I would bet if you call dear ol Desmond you will find that my cruelty has not affected him one bit....or his ability to write garbage and make millions off of it!

You are what is known as a "yes" man. "Yes men" have no courage and are a detriment to those who which they serve. They never have the nerve to tell someone the truth. I would bet you are an avid user of FB and slobber all over your aging rock heroes.

I'm sure you've been left with a bitter taste in your mouth more than once.

Have a nice day me old mate.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:34 am
pitkin88 wrote:

Wow! Someone has been throwing their crayons out of the play pen. As someone who posts and starts threads here I can't be expected to remember everything I post. So what if I thought the Dennis tribute was poor. I don't remember people lining up to pay homage. As for my abuse of Kane I really have no idea what you are going on about there. I don't like Kane's noodling. Never have and never will. I also don't remember Si taking down too many of my posts except for one about Johnny Depp that he said might be libelous.

You need to remember this is not your private forum nor is it an officially endorsed forum. People have opinions M8! Let's face it we can't be all baked beans now can we?

Quite why you and the other continue to pop in here and unsuccessfully troll me I have no idea. Keep calm and keep writing those songs for Alice.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:30 pm

I honestly think the cover looks like a rough place holder. It just doesn't look polished or finalised. I know art is subjective but this really is bargain basement art design. Still , its the music that really matters and i, like so many others on here am very disappointed that half the songs on breadcrumbs will be on this album (albeit in "album versions" ) i was also frustrated the first proper single was yet another cover song.
I quite like the new song , i dont know the original (not being a fan of velvet underground or lou reed) but i quite liked this . His voice is incredible in all honesty the production is tight, unfussy and meaty, i enjoy that. But does it fill me with confidence that i will love the album, no.
I am pleased alice is still pushing out material, but i want him to release a belter, W2MN and Paranormal were both very good and i want something just as good. Im just not feeling it and i dont get the fascination of trying to recapture that "detroit" sound.
But i have paid stupid money on the pre order to get the hideously overpriced blu ray of the live gig, so earmusic and alice have my money, so they dont care i suppose.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Considering how visually striking everything about Alice is, I have to say that his albums feature artwork that usually leaves a lot to be desired...

I like the concept of the new one, but the execution is a bit lazy and cheap...

As with the music itself;on vinyl the fidelity will most likely be superior to streaming, and the artwork will look better than any thumbnail we have so far..

My point still stands though- Alice should have stunning album covers, but he doesn’t

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:33 am

My point still stands though- Alice should have stunning album covers, but he doesn’t
I havent liked a cover since Brutal Planet. The worst was W2MN the cover was campy and silly but to make it worse he had a better cover on the back of the booklet! absolute craziness! who vetted that decision!?!?

I know there are worse covers out there but given his stature as an artist, its just ridiculously cheap looking.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:16 am

cheap and lazy seems to be the go-to approach :/

Paranormal was ok, but an impressive amount of covers are basically the same; his face...

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:30 pm
But i have paid stupid money on the pre order to get the hideously overpriced blu ray of the live gig, so earmusic and alice have my money, so they dont care i suppose.
This is what annoys me.

I am not worried about the cover, it is what it is.
I really liked Breadcrumbs, best release since Brutal Planet for me so an album with a lot of covers may do well for my tastes.
But the Blu Ray only being released via a £50/£60 box set is a disgrace.

The more I think about it the more I am going to pass and leave this album for my prime music subscription.
Shame really as I love vinyl and realise the sound quality on vinyl beats streaming but that blu ray release has left me feeling bitter.
I would happily have went £30 on Vinyl and £15 on a Blu ray as well

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Post by Lazarus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:43 pm

No one has mentioned the pun inherent in the cover art: the album is called "Detroit STORIES" and we're looking up at a group of Detroit's multi-story buildings.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:43 pm
No one has mentioned the pun inherent in the cover art: the album is called "Detroit STORIES" and we're looking up at a group of Detroit's multi-story buildings.
Well spotted. Never occurred to me for one.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Si wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Lazarus wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:43 pm
Well spotted. Never occurred to me for one.
Good thing they didn't want to call it "Detroit Whoppers."
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.