Re: New album cover

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 am

Si wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:56 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:22 pm
Blue vinyl too...

FFS!
This is getting silly... Black, red, clear, purple and now blue... come on...
Have you seen how many variations there are of Astroturf? Why so surprised, you don't have to buy them all.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:53 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 am
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Blue vinyl too...

FFS!
Have you seen how many variations there are of Astroturf? Why so surprised, you don't have to buy them all.
You’re quite right of course, but need and want are two very different things. I definitely don’t need 5 different vinyl copies, but I also really want them.

The frustration here compared to Astroturf is that different colours were appearing every few hours and from different stores around the world, so what started as 2 different colours quickly escalated to 3, then 4, then 5 different orders with separate postage (which is sometimes as much as the product itself).

It’s all good though 🙂
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 am
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Blue vinyl too...

FFS!
Yes, and that was silly too.. I like collecting different versions but it became ridiculous and I just didn't bother trying. I got a standard and a Good Records edition and gave up at that, as there was no way I was paying out hundreds of pounds for basically the same thing in different colour/label combinations in an attempt to get all of them. Every time you turned around there was another variant.
I know some others felt the same, and also bought less copies then they maybe would have done if there had been just maybe three or four variants. Probably equaled out by people who did buy multiples, but that's how it goes.

Yes, it may be irrational, but that's how I felt when I saw them all, and while it's not really a big deal, it still niggles me when I see versions I don't have. With this one I planned as normal to get one of each, but as it hit five colours I've changed my mind and won't bother, settling for two and the box.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Having had time to reflect, the artwork, the music choice...its Alice doing what he wants and I am on board. I LIKE breadcrumbs better than any studio release since Brutal Planet so I am sure I will like this. Would still like to see a standalone Blu Ray or cheaper cd/blu ray combo though

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:34 pm

To me, it all sounds bland, flat, murky and pretty much over processed.. So much like the last few albums.. disapointed for sure... Liked the Breadcrumbs ep as some of them songs came with some punch agian.. but this new one is just so "Meh" Drums sound like a practive kit with only on Mic to record them in a very sound proof room and the guitar sounds like it was done on Garage band. and what is that effect they keep using on his voice? its subtle but not subtle enough... Alice needs fresh producer blood in my opinion. oh and a new designer for album covers..
PS. this is my first post in MANY Years and im not always negative just so you know :) haha

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 pm
Everyone moaning about different coloured vinyls, I urge to check out Rob Zombie's various different ones (all on his website)
Thing is - at least it looks like Rob Zombie is still trying.. and puts a lot of effort into covers etc.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 am
Yes, it may be irrational, but that's how I felt when I saw them all, and while it's not really a big deal, it still niggles me when I see versions I don't have. With this one I planned as normal to get one of each, but as it hit five colours I've changed my mind and won't bother, settling for two and the box.
I get that, I just figured we're all used to it by now. I'm not a big vinyl guy, if it's something interesting or has content you can't get on CD I'll consider picking it up. The color of the vinyl doesn't really make me want to run out and buy it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:24 pm

i had the same issues w/ comics, when i collected. different covers, i could go for, but then they started doing cac like the same cover but a different coloured logo. stuff that. i like to support what i love, but i'm not a charity.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:59 pm

My youngest son surprised me with a copy of Astroturf. The vinyl is clear and there's a Neal label. Number 3804 or something like that. Clear, Black, Orange or opaque Pink would have been my choices. I'm just glad it wasn't lavender.

I remember when they were talking making a box set and Renfield wanted suggestions for ideas? Can't recall exactly, but I don't think the set ever happened (it wasn't the Old School box). I suggested they cut up pieces of the BP stage (backdrop, nets, the car, etc) and include a bit in each box. He thought it a great idea but said they scrap all sets once a tour is done...seems it'd been better to auction stuff off or re-use it in the haunted house. Fans would love it. I guess my point may be that if he's at the stage of career where merch is king, then make it worth the fans' money.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:25 pm

Id much rather buy black vinyl than any other color. Colored vinyl can be very hit and miss sound wise.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Live From The Astroturf is a very unique, independently produced, project so the multiple variants (especially the super deluxe / limited ones) can be understood as they no doubt helped cover off the risk of releasing it in the first place and the funding of the subsequent film (which sounds like it's about to get an imminent general release!).

Very interesting point by Si though about whether more copies would have been sold if LESS variants were made.

The really cool thing about that release was that no-one could ever get every variant as every one of the Random Colour Mix variants was unique in appearance (plus there was also the alternate labels with different Group members). That was such a cool idea and ended up making the collecting more fun in my opinion.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:28 pm
Live From The Astroturf is a very unique, independently produced, project so the multiple variants (especially the super deluxe / limited ones) can be understood as they no doubt helped cover off the risk of releasing it in the first place and the funding of the subsequent film (which sounds like it's about to get an imminent general release!).

Very interesting point by Si though about whether more copies would have been sold if LESS variants were made.

The really cool thing about that release was that no-one could ever get every variant as every one of the Random Colour Mix variants was unique in appearance (plus there was also the alternate labels with different Group members). That was such a cool idea and ended up making the collecting more fun in my opinion.
Apart from distribution I wouldn't think there would be much risk in releasing a new Alice Cooper record. I would like to see the movie which seems to be taking an age to release. Traction in that has been lost after the initial theatrical release and subsequent awards.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:46 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Apart from distribution I wouldn't think there would be much risk in releasing a new Alice Cooper record. I would like to see the movie which seems to be taking an age to release. Traction in that has been lost after the initial theatrical release and subsequent awards.
From what I hear, releasing the single, album and movie has required a Herculean effort!

As said above, it sounds like the movie is due to be released very soon having cleared a number of hurdles. This is great news as it deserves to be seen by the masses!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Looking forward to it.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:57 pm

I can think of one movie that should have never been released.

Also I guess the bean counters are figuring out the audience that's already baked in and how to go about trying to reach a wider audience with a small budget.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:07 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Id much rather buy black vinyl than any other color. Colored vinyl can be very hit and miss sound wise.
I second that commotion.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:40 pm

very often the japanese market gets a special release with content only available in japan...

any word on a potential japanese edition with bonus content?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm

alicefannor wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:40 pm
very often the japanese market gets a special release with content only available in japan...

any word on a potential japanese edition with bonus content?
Not yet...

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 am

Si wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:07 pm
Steven Allan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:52 am
alicefannor wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:14 am
a 6 disc set seems to be fake news :) 6 items perhaps...
I've no idea. I have had an alert from Amazon and managed to order a copy :)

£51.50. I assume it includes a BD and DVD. I dunno... things are sketchy...
It looks like the "6 discs" actually meant "6 pieces". Album, blu-ray, T-shirt, Mask, torch and Stickers.
Cheers Si!

Well, if it is the only way to get the BD then so be it. I dare say the t-shirt will be a L only and not fit me, Mask I could live without, likewise the stickers. I dare say most of the content will remain sealed.

But, y'know, it's Alice... :)

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:27 am

I bet the torch puts a shadow of the eyes on the wall (like the cover)