Eddie Trunk Top 20

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Eddie Trunk Top 20

Post by mot$$33 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:29 pm

For those that live in North America and have Sirius XM, Eddie Trunk is doing his Alice Cooper Top 20 songs tomorrow (10-27-20) on his show, which is 2-4pm EST.

Very cool he is doing Alice, as he only has done major bands so far. It gets quite a bit of audience call-in and give and take banter on whose list is best, etc.

I don’t kn

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Re: Eddie Trunk Top 20

Post by mot$$33 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:31 pm

*sorry hit button too fast.

I don’t know about you all but that could be incredibly difficult for me. I like it all from Pretties, 70s, black out period, industrial, etc.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:16 pm

eddie has some strange tastes so could be interesting. I wont hear it but if anyone hears it and posts it , it will be interesting.

I could bash out a top 20 i think.....it would be hard but as long as its in no order i think i could do it.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 pm

For comparison's sake after Eddie reveals his top 20 AC songs, here are mine (in chronological order - there are only 17 songs listed right now but I'll try to add 3 more between now and Tues.):

Caught In a Dream
Second Coming
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Under My Wheels
Halo of Flies
Desperado
Dead Babies
School's Out
Luney Tune
My Stars
Elected
Billion Dollar Babies
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Generation Landslide
Big Apple Dreamin' (Hippo)
Hard Hearted Alice
Man With the Golden Gun

Ted

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43 pm

That’s cool he’s doing an Alice Cooper Top 20 But I can see him saying how much he liked the original band and his favorite tune by them is “Welcome to my Nightmare”... :( Sorry... But I remember him having Ann & Nancy Wilson on his show and they were playing Stump the Trunk where the audience ask him a question and the question was something like “Name one of the Hits off of the Dreamboat Annie album” ...he couldn’t do it! A similar thing happened when he had Buck Dharma from B.O.C. On there... I was kind of shocked both times he couldn’t answer...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:47 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43 pm
That’s cool he’s doing an Alice Cooper Top 20 But I can see him saying how much he liked the original band and his favorite tune by them is “Welcome to my Nightmare”... :( Sorry... But I remember him having Ann & Nancy Wilson on his show and they were playing Stump the Trunk where the audience ask him a question and the question was something like “Name one of the Hits off of the Dreamboat Annie album” ...he couldn’t do it! A similar thing happened when he had Buck Dharma from B.O.C. On there... I was kind of shocked both times he couldn’t answer...

You'd think someone with a trunk would have a better memory.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 pm
For comparison's sake after Eddie reveals his top 20 AC songs, here are mine (in chronological order - there are only 17 songs listed right now but I'll try to add 3 more between now and Tues.):

Caught In a Dream
Second Coming
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Under My Wheels
Halo of Flies
Desperado
Dead Babies
School's Out
Luney Tune
My Stars
Elected
Billion Dollar Babies
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Generation Landslide
Big Apple Dreamin' (Hippo)
Hard Hearted Alice
Man With the Golden Gun

Ted

Everyone is a bit different but a bunch of these tunes would make my list(especially the first 5)... The one song I always loved for some reason is “Never Been Sold Before” And that would definitely make my list. The ending of the tune drags on a bit long but that tune don’t get many mentions anywhere...maybe I’m a little off for liking it a lot but I do :laugh:

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:47 pm
rtbuck wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43 pm

You'd think someone with a trunk would have a better memory.
Exactly...especially with the musicians as guests on the shows...

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:50 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm
Everyone is a bit different but a bunch of these tunes would make my list(especially the first 5)... The one song I always loved for some reason is “Never Been Sold Before” And that would definitely make my list. The ending of the tune drags on a bit long but that tune don’t get many mentions anywhere...maybe I’m a little off for liking it a lot but I do :laugh:
I've always quite liked Never Been Sold Before too so I might add it to my list. Do you have/have you heard the demo? Quite different from the finished version.

Ted

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:50 pm
rtbuck wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm
I've always quite liked Never Been Sold Before too so I might add it to my list. Do you have/have you heard the demo? Quite different from the finished version.

Ted
It really is quite different! I have that on the Old School set...I prefer the Muscle of Love version over the demo but man, did that demo throw me off the first time I heard it!

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Post by mot$$33 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Trunks List— he went very predictable.

Alice is calling in tomorrow to discuss!!

B$B
Under My Wheels
Schools Out
No More Mr Nice Guy
Be My Lover
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Is It My Body?
WTMN
Cold Ethyl
Hello Hooray
Elected
The Black Widow
Only Women Bleed
Poison
I Love the Dead
Brutal Planet
You & Me
I’ll Bit Your Face Off
Freedom

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:43 am

^^ Thanks for posting Eddie's picks - it appears that him and I only agree on 6 songs.

Ted

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:47 am

rtbuck wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:14 pm
It really is quite different! I have that on the Old School set...I prefer the Muscle of Love version over the demo but man, did that demo throw me off the first time I heard it!
Indeed it is quite different. The interesting thing is that quite a few of the lyrics are the same, whereas with demos usually the music is more similar to the finished version while the lyrics oftentimes are either ad-libbed/changed or non-existent, in which case the demo is an instrumental.

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:31 am

It might have been a bit more interesting if the list was made up of deep ( I hate the term ) cuts.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:23 pm

It was a fun listen... and it's all subjective. I thought it would be fun to do my Top 20 before I listened. Flame away.

20. Former Lee Warmer
19. Nurse Rozetta
18. Brutal Planet
17. Dead Babies
16. Muscle of Love
15. Go To Hell
14. From The Inside
13. Bed of Nails
12. Wind Up Toy
11. Might As Well Be On Mars
10. Welcome To My Nightmare
09. I'm Eighteen
08. He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
07. Billion Dollar Babies
06. No More Mr. Nice Guy
05. Ballad of Dwight Fry
04. Department of Youth
03. Only Women Bleed
02. Elected
01. Be My Lover
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:14 am

It looks like this clown got a list of Alice's singles through the years and they became his favorites. This guy is a tool.

mot$$33
Trash
Trash

Post by mot$$33 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:15 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:23 pm
It was a fun listen... and it's all subjective. I thought it would be fun to do my Top 20 before I listened. Flame away.

20. Former Lee Warmer
19. Nurse Rozetta
18. Brutal Planet
17. Dead Babies
16. Muscle of Love
15. Go To Hell
14. From The Inside
13. Bed of Nails
12. Wind Up Toy
11. Might As Well Be On Mars
10. Welcome To My Nightmare
09. I'm Eighteen
08. He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
07. Billion Dollar Babies
06. No More Mr. Nice Guy
05. Ballad of Dwight Fry
04. Department of Youth
03. Only Women Bleed
02. Elected
01. Be My Lover
Mine is closer to yours than Trunk’s. I’d probably throw in one of the RYFAY side 2 songs and maybe Headlines.