Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Are Alice's Touring Days Over?

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:21 am
Covid will be around as an entity but once the populace has been exposed and their immune system recognises it, it will likely fade to a flu level entity. Hopefully the oxford team vaccine continues to do well and is stable enough to make it to market then people will likely get the flu jab and covid at the same time.
Covid is not a major issue for the vast majority of the population so once we get a herd immunity it should be broadly back to business as usual. (its just how long that takes because you have to balance everyone getting it with the risk of overloading NHS/health care systems)
Gigs will happen again, hopefully enough people still care about them. Its the same for cinema with them closing a second time will they reopen to people wanting them? or will people be too far gone with netflix etc
This sounds like Trump talking. My sister works in a major children's hospital in Liverpool. They are being told a vaccine could be available by next June. This Dam n herd mentality you are talking about is ravaging the US. If only people wouldn't be so stupid with their gatherings and not wearing masks. Thankfully CA has done a very good job.

In all likelihood an Alice show could be a " major issue " to Alice due to his age. It is not worth the risk and people need to face up to the fact that this could be it for Alice as a live act.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:15 am

With respect to everyone, can we please NOT shift this conversation to a Covid strategy discussion/argument. It will likely end up with a lot of miss-information being posted which helps no one.
I haven't edited the previous posts (yet). but if it does continue I will have to remove them. This is a music forum and not a political one, which is where this conversation is already heading.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:25 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 am
In all likelihood an Alice show could be a " major issue " to Alice due to his age. It is not worth the risk and people need to face up to the fact that this could be it for Alice as a live act.
This is the bottom line.
Regardless of what you personally think about how the crisis has been handled the fact is Alice (and others) is in a high risk category simply because of age, and it is not sensible to risk his life, or that of the audience/band/crew just for a 90 minute musical performance.
Sad as it is, all we can hope is that there will be a time when it's possible to tour again, and that when it is Alice will still be able to do it.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:52 am

Thx Si for moderating this delicate subject. I stand with your conclusion: too dangerous for Alice (and others) to tour...but not to release an album :alice: :alice:
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:18 pm

patrick wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:52 am
but not to release an album :alice: :alice:
As I posted somewhere earlier... According to Alice the album is scheduled for February.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Fran Healey from Travis was on last night and made a good point. If they had a system where you could be tested there and get the results straight away then live events could happen again. Apparently this isn't too far away. But none of us know, there are far too many 'Facebook' experts already.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:36 pm

dadascot wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:25 pm
Fran Healey from Travis was on last night and made a good point. If they had a system where you could be tested there and get the results straight away then live events could happen again. Apparently this isn't too far away. But none of us know, there are far too many 'Facebook' experts already.
Brilliant

That sounds very impractical and far fetched.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 am

Impractical, far fetched and expensive as hell.

bmbcali
Trash
Trash

Post by bmbcali » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Are our concert going days over? What do you this of this? Ticketmaster is in a development phase as to how they are going to handle concert ticketing in the near future. It involves digital tickets ONLY on a smart phone, an invasion of privacy of 3rd party to have access to your medical information, i.e., if you got vaccinated, and proof of passing a virus test up to 48 hours before a concert. And what if you agreed to all this and your temperature was a bit too high the day of the concert - do you get a refund? I'm not going along with this. I was hopeful about vaccines, but not intrusive personal information just to attend a concert and being forced to have a smart phone as it would be the ONLY way to have a ticket from TM. I went to an annual production of "Night of the Living Dead" at a small theater in Orange County, California a month ago. They found a way to have the production outside, following local health guidelines, and provided a clear hooded poncho, gloves, mask, and face shield. It was limited to only a few people at a time and people in different groups staying apart. They took your temperature before you were admitted AND you had to sign a liability waver (basically you sign that you will not be able to sue them if you got the virus) which made sense for such a small theater. The poncho was because you got fake blood on you! After production, we put all of our PPE in a trash can (keeping our masks on). Read this report which was exclusively on Billboard. https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... certs-plan How Ticketmaster Plans to Check Your Vaccine Status for Concerts: Exclusive 11 November 2020

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Big Brother is getting taller.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:13 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
If no one has read George Orwell's 1984 yet.
The time is now!
If not the Thought Police will take you 1st.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm

It's because of the goof balls that won't wear masks and are swearing off vaccines that this sort of thing even needs to be contemplated in the first place.

The world is a community, and sometimes people need to do what's best for the community instead of solely themselves. A frightening thought to the brainwashed and uninformed science denying masses, but that's just the way it's going to be.

I think it'll to be 2022 before things get back to a semblance of real normal, longer than necessary probably with recent vaccine news, but some people are going to need dragged kicking and screaming (figuratively) to do what's right despite their "rights".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:48 am

I'm surprised Alice hasn't upped The Man Behind The Mask to Youtube. Cant be any worse than having the cartoon monkey host elected.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:36 pm
dadascot wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:25 pm
Brilliant

Mass testing in Liverpool with results in 20 minutes, now to be rolled out in Glasgow. Turns out its not too far fetched. But I bow to all the Facebook experts who know better.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm

dadascot wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Brilliant

Mass testing in Liverpool with results in 20 minutes, now to be rolled out in Glasgow. Turns out its not too far fetched. But I bow to all the Facebook experts who know better.
Still strikes me that even with 20 minute testing organising up to 5000 plus tests to get people into the arena for showtime would be problematical to say the least, and we've all experienced how hopeless or stoopid venue staff can be... Lost tests, inconclusive or messed up tests, tests results going to the wrong gate etc etc... chaos.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm
It's because of the goof balls that won't wear masks and are swearing off vaccines that this sort of thing even needs to be contemplated in the first place.

The world is a community, and sometimes people need to do what's best for the community instead of solely themselves. A frightening thought to the brainwashed and uninformed science denying masses, but that's just the way it's going to be.

I think it'll to be 2022 before things get back to a semblance of real normal, longer than necessary probably with recent vaccine news, but some people are going to need dragged kicking and screaming (figuratively) to do what's right despite their "rights".
That was very well written. I was about to go off on my own little diatribe, but decided against it. You said it all.

Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:40 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Si wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm
dadascot wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Brilliant

Still strikes me that even with 20 minute testing organising up to 5000 plus tests to get people into the arena for showtime would be problematical to say the least, and we've all experienced how hopeless or stoopid venue staff can be... Lost tests, inconclusive or messed up tests, tests results going to the wrong gate etc etc... chaos.
Concert starts at 8pm doors open at 8 pm the following day! You 1000 stand over there we will text your results in 20. Next 1000 please. Well made points Si even though you missed mentioning the additional cost for the test and the extra staffing to conduct the tests.

Isn't the UK in lockdown right now?

Sincerely,

Facebook expert. ( Name and address withheld )

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:55 pm
even though you missed mentioning the additional cost for the test and the extra staffing to conduct the tests.
Well obviously the cost will be added to ticket prices.... haha
pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:55 pm
Isn't the UK in lockdown right now?
For the next few weeks, yes. Then we get to spread again.... and then Lockdown again etc etc