Alice's tidal wave of music

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Alice's tidal wave of music

Post by Dannorama » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:07 pm

From a recent interview: "I think that 2021 is gonna be like a tidal wave of music, 'cause everybody's gonna be touring. And do you think anybody is not writing songs right now? Everybody's at home, everybody has a studio — there's gonna be so many albums coming out in 2021. I'm telling you, it's gonna be so much, you won't even be able to digest it, I don't think."

Well, if THAT's the case, then why wait? Wouldn't it make sense to release the new album soon? I'm sure that we would all appreciate a fun diversion right about now - especially while my wallet still works.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's tidal wave of music

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:11 pm

He has the Number One UK vinyl single so why not strike when the iron is hot? Personally I don't have too much hope for Detroit Stories after hearing Breadcrumbs. I will keep an open mind I guess.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:35 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:11 pm
He has the Number One UK vinyl single so why not strike when the iron is hot?
To be honest I don`t think it takes many to get a UK #1 vinyl single....

Most vinyl released is limited edition, and fans of rock bands generally buy things as soon as they are released.
Alice still has a decent fan base so it is going to sell okay, but I would guess a few thousand gets you to number one, if that.
You apparently only need 7-8,000 to get in the top 40 of the main singles chart now... A couple decades back that would be abject failure!!

Was the single a success? sure, it did what it was meant to do and made money... but we aren't talking a massive radio hit or anything here

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 pm

While I'm hopeful, I don't see any touring for anyone in 2021, but I'm looking forward to any new music released, especially from Alice. Also looking your way, AC/DC!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:02 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 pm
While I'm hopeful, I don't see any touring for anyone in 2021, but I'm looking forward to any new music released, especially from Alice. Also looking your way, AC/DC!
Absolutely AC/DC. Launch that music. We need it! It's quite a thing to say that 50-year old rock bands are waiting for something to happen, and that something may not happen anytime soon. Not to sound fatalistic, but why wait? Money? Really? The crowds will be there for you when you are able to come back. Release your albums, please. Give us something to look forward to.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:33 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:02 pm

Absolutely AC/DC. Launch that music. We need it! It's quite a thing to say that 50-year old rock bands are waiting for something to happen, and that something may not happen anytime soon. Not to sound fatalistic, but why wait? Money? Really? The crowds will be there for you when you are able to come back. Release your albums, please. Give us something to look forward to.
I'm not sure it's as simple as waiting...
You have to remember that a lot of the pressing plants, production facilities and record companies etc are also out of commission, to at least a degree, at the moment, and when they do re-open they will be inundated with work.

Also, it can be difficult getting promotional teams together for videos etc.
While that won't mater as much to small independent artists (who often do things themselves or with close associates), big artists have a whole machine behind them which currently has large parts of itself locked down.
They want a new album released properly, and that isn't really possible right now.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Si wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:33 pm
I'm not sure it's as simple as waiting...
You have to remember that a lot of the pressing plants, production facilities and record companies etc are also out of commission, to at least a degree, at the moment, and when they do re-open they will be inundated with work.

Also, it can be difficult getting promotional teams together for videos etc.
While that won't mater as much to small independent artists (who often do things themselves or with close associates), big artists have a whole machine behind them which currently has large parts of itself locked down.
They want a new album released properly, and that isn't really possible right now.
Solid points, Si. After I sent that, I thought about how little of the record industry that I truly understand. I can only speak as a member of the receiving audience, and I'm not arguing with you. Conversely, Deep Purple recently got a new record out, and it rocks. Then there's the numerous other large rock acts who have stuff in the pipeline, due for release soon. Again, there are plenty of things that I don't understand about the whole process. I just want the best for everyone involved - predominately me!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 pm

To whisper words of wisdom Let It Be!
Album, tour, Album, tour. Release DVD/Album.
What's the problem? Oh,yeah! A Pandemic!
W/O any vaccine available would pose serious health issues
for Artists as well as Fans!
Can't dispose of the lucrative Meet & Greets!
Wow! A 50 person show w/testing & over 5 Grand a pop!
Not gonna happen, can't even put on 1 show much less a Tour!
Virtual... will be in empty Arenas & streamed for the near future. :(
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 pm
To whisper words of wisdom Let It Be!
Album, tour, Album, tour. Release DVD/Album.
What's the problem? Oh,yeah! A Pandemic!
W/O any vaccine available would pose serious health issues
for Artists as well as Fans!
Can't dispose of the lucrative Meet & Greets!
Wow! A 50 person show w/testing & over 5 Grand a pop!
Not gonna happen, can't even put on 1 show much less a Tour!
Virtual... will be in empty Arenas & streamed for the near future. :(
That was insightful. Thanks.

How about the wise words of Mr. Peart?

The big shots try to hold it back,
Fools try to wish it away.
The hopeful depend on a world without end,
Whatever the hopeless may say.

...Kinda leads in to what I was saying earlier... about how the Coop camp should think about releasing information about the Detroit album now, while things still are what they are. Like it or not, this can all go real bad real quick.

So, why wait? What would it hurt to generate a little anticipation? Any new info would get lots of attention from me. I like sharing good news. Let 'er rip!

Something - anything, other than the reality of this the crazy world in which we live in.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 pm

I've written 150 songs since December and recorded s few dozen. Haven't really noticed any difference in daily life this year. People haven't stopped going places. As a matter of fact, the traffic has increased like crazy.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 am

padre_sliprat wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 pm
I've written 150 songs since December and recorded s few dozen. Haven't really noticed any difference in daily life this year. People haven't stopped going places. As a matter of fact, the traffic has increased like crazy.
Experienced the opposite in CA. I have missed going to The movies but went to my first drive in the other week. It felt great to get out and I enjoyed it a lot. Traffic has got a bit busier but I have really enjoyed there being a lot less traffic on the roads. It's like driving on a permanent Sunday. I do miss going out to eat and won't do this again until it's really safe to do so.I

Not being able to get a hair cut has been a major pain with my head in the morning looking like Doc Browns.
Now we have the wild fires to deal with! Joy.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:58 am

Don't forget Blue Oyster Cults - The Symbol Remains comes out this Fri 10-9-20. I've heard it and it's a pretty solid album.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face