Releasing live shows online?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Releasing live shows online?

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 am

Ok, I don't know if you are aware of Metallica Mondays (Metallica releasing live shows online), or The Extra Licks (Rolling STones releasing bonus material from their BR/DVDS online) or what other bands have been doing in the same fashion.

So, why do you think Alice's camp is not doing the same?

As far as we know, there are some shows recorded and left in storage. Paris show form last tour comes to mind. Download fest performances, even Hollywood Vampires's performances...

So... discuss
Why not?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Releasing live shows online?

Post by Si » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 am
Ok, I don't know if you are aware of Metallica Mondays (Metallica releasing live shows online), or The Extra Licks (Rolling STones releasing bonus material from their BR/DVDS online) or what other bands have been doing in the same fashion.

So, why do you think Alice's camp is not doing the same?

As far as we know, there are some shows recorded and left in storage. Paris show form last tour comes to mind. Download fest performances, even Hollywood Vampires's performances...

So... discuss
Why not?
In a lot of cases they probably don't own all the rights involved to be able to do that.
As I understand it Metallica own EVERYTHING they do (and film/record everything as well). Likely the stones also do by now.
Alice doesn't, so there's lots of often people to get permission from before they can air things like that (same with archive releases etc). Just makes it far more difficult to do as if anyone in the chain wants paying it all falls down when you are giving something away basically for free.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Releasing live shows online?

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:06 pm

I understand the rights ownership issue.
However, Jimmy Buffet has been doing Wednesday & Saturday Nights for weeks now.
There must be a way to find a Sponsor to acquire the particular Rights for?
Not Touring is one thing but, for all that are embracing the technology to Stream
these broadcasts seems like an opportunity lost. ::((:
AC @ Camp Cooper has been fun though.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...