Re: Alice Unplugged

Post by rgallie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 am

And good point regarding rapping...or attempting to ::((:

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:05 pm

Alice: Unplugged would be awesome. He really does have a plethora of great songs, and many of them have never been played live. This type of show would be a great opportunity to showcase some of them. Alice is a chameleon and can do almost any genre of music. I would love to see what kind of new arrangements he would come up with for his classics.

I'm sure Bob Ezrin could come up with some brilliant new takes on some of the old classics. One of the things that made the Nirvana Unplugged is their inclusion of interesting cover songs and instruments that you would normally never hear on a grunge album. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant included a hurdygurdy player in their act and it was great.

Some tracks that I think might work well with some tweaking:

Desperado
Sun Arise
Blue Turk
Crazy Little Child (Cab Calloway style)
Raped and Freezin' (a full mariachi version)
No Tricks (an opportunity for a duet with a big name singer)
Ubangi Stomp (the studio version is too wimpy. It sounds great when Jerry Lee Lewis does it. Check out the youtube video of him doing it live in 1969 to see how it should be done.)
Dynamite Road(maybe a blazing bluegrass version)
$1000 High Heel Shoes

And let's not forget all of the ballads he's written over the years that would fit perfectly into this kind of show. Heck, you might even be able to do a version of Might as Well Be on Mars with full orchestration or something.

Oh, and I'm sure there are a million cover songs that would play well acoustically too. Eleanor Rigby for example.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:05 pm

He’s sort of done a couple of mini unplugged things on that Audible thing he did. I remember “is it my body” sounded pretty good

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:06 am

I'd like to see and hear unplugged versions of these 5 songs from Mr. Misdemeanor's list above, but only if the Original Group participates in all of them:

Desperado
Sun Arise
Blue Turk
Crazy Little Child (Cab Calloway style)
Raped and Freezin' (a full mariachi version)

Ted

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:00 am

the audible thing alice did "who i realy am: diary of a vampire" was suprisingly good. It had him relaying stories (which was as entertaining as alice always is) but it also had some kinda acoustic renditions, they were quite good considering they were "standard songs"
I'd like to hear more of them. are they around anywhere?